State Boat Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3rd Chance View Post
    I'm going to go hang out at Troy's pool...
    Bring some beer, you can use the Octopus Fun Float.
    Attached Files

Comment

remember rules vary state by state. For example in il.:
      all boats powered by anything other than human power must not only have a fire ext. It must be securely mounted within reach of where the driver is normaly located. All boats powered by a motor must have a functioning nuetral(IE shiftable foot in working order)
      All people wanting to use state waters must send a check to Blago. OOPS sry joking on the last one LOL

"The Coffee Guy"
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
      " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

boarded ???

Originally posted by John Sherlock View Post
        and if you get it registered you can be boarded and you better have all the proper equipment with you !!
        The marine police always ask to board.

"Why yes, Officer Tweedlebrain, you may come aboard."

*tilt - SPLASH*

"Oh dear, were you wearing your good gun?" (drops Type IV PFD in water for the Officer Tweedlebrain reswcue)
        carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
          I have to agree with John, I see this getting out of control real fast! all jokes aside what's next? horns and lights on all race boats in NJ & PA? and no I'm not joking.
          HEHEHEHE this is not any kind of coincidence is it.
          Yea keep it coming more rules more rules mmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
            All boats powered by a motor must have a functioning nuetral(IE shiftable foot in working order)
            To my knowledge, motors are still being made and sold without this in the lowest hp range. I don't think British Seagull ever made a motor with neutral or reverse. All the major US manufactures at least used to make a cheap non shift fishing motor. There are millions of them out there.

Comment

Yes I know and if the DNR chooses to ticket you in IL for using one, they may do so. Will they? probably not. unless you give them a reason due to unsafe operation of said equipment. OR you have POed the wrong DNR officer. I must say with the small amount of interaction I have had with IL DNR officers they have all been pretty good guys just trying to do their jobs.

"The Coffee Guy"
              TEAM CAFFEINE

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

" IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Huson View Post
                The marine police always ask to board.

"Why yes, Officer Tweedlebrain, you may come aboard."

*tilt - SPLASH*

"Oh dear, were you wearing your good gun?" (drops Type IV PFD in water for the Officer Tweedlebrain reswcue)
                ROFL now thats FUNNY

"The Coffee Guy"
                TEAM CAFFEINE

Comment

I dont know man.. I must be missing the funny part. I hear about PA busting balls and I see the end of great race sites like Franklin, and lockhaven. I consider myself a fairly easy going guy, You can mess with my job, you can mess with my tools, hell...you can mess with my wife for that matter.. But you mess arround with my race'n.. and were gunna fight.
                  Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

I have to agree with Doug. I have contacted the Fish & Game Commission and will be talking to them about White Haven. Local officer, I have talked with, belives that we will not have to display numbers, just have the state card saying that it is registered in the state you are from. NEW jERSEY IS EXEMPT of race boats under 16 ft. Will find out about This? Pa. has a testing permit for race boats, and the special marine permit that I get from the Fish & Boat which state date and hours that we can have a race. Sorry about bring this up but dont want everybody to show up to race and have a Fish & Boat guy standing and writting tickets for this and that. When testing We have the same $7:00 life jacket does that make sense $1000 ves $7:00.

If APBA has the life jacket issue from Coast Guard exemption for racing. Maybe we can have a exempt for other issue. Just show them what we do. Safety boats with stokes basket, Paramedic/EMTs in safety boat, On site Ambulance, Insurance, race committee, risk management, Job Jonies, not just guys getting together for trouble.
                    Does Federal marine laws superceed local regulations??? Or is Coast Guard for inland water ways the rule?? Thing to think about.

Doug can you sent me the life jacket doc. from Coast Guard. Or APBA

Jim Tower 118P

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                      To my knowledge, motors are still being made and sold without this in the lowest hp range. I don't think British Seagull ever made a motor with neutral or reverse. All the major US manufactures at least used to make a cheap non shift fishing motor. There are millions of them out there.

I remember back in the day some outboard motors had to be spun 180 degrees to get reverse. That was back when we sucked on lead paint as kids and never used bike helmets.
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

compliance

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
                        Our own A P B A is the only real avenue we have to make our concerns heard. In defense of APBA leadership, I think we have all been relying too long on what we feel is common sense. Trouble is, what may seem like common sense to one person, seems like total stupidity to another. It would seem like APBA needs to be on a first name basis with DOT, USCG, EPA, CARB, and other governing bodies which the States must consult when passing laws having an impact on boat racing.
                        I agree with Alex here.
                        And furthermore, I think we (the APBA organization) should NOT just bend over and take this! This is an incremental step toward complete regulation. There must be some kind of nationwide excemption for sanctioned regattas! This is not just about a safe boater certificate, or boat registration. Think about all the other things they might ding us for.
                        Life jacket
                        fire extinguisher
                        audible signaling device
                        a paddle
                        throwable floatation device
                        an anchor with at least 50' of line.
                        excessive noise
                        Proof that your motor is EPA compliant, or proof that it is EPA exempt.
                        correct fuel tank
                        Your MOTOR will need to be registered to race in some states.
                        the list goes on

And these things will vary state by state. Now we will need to check local laws before traveling to out of state regattas. I guess these things will need to be printed on the race sanction notices.

Comment

I am very certain that during the past 2 years a Federal Court reaffirmed that Coast Guard Regulations trump state laws; citing there would be mass confusion in navigation if it were up to the states ... and that this applied to all waters, not just those that feed to the ocean and gulf. DHS (Department of Homeland Security) did not want to give up the long standing federal authority.

We need to find this recent ruling and then stand up in court to affirm it.

"They" are not going to back down without a fight.

"We" probably need to voice our approval to fight to APBA HQ and pre-load our attorney for the fight.

If "we" let "them" know we will fight and win, only then will they back off.
                          Last edited by sam; 05-04-2009, 02:51 PM.

Comment

PA Speciality Boating regs. Events

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/05...09/s109.6.html

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/05...hap109toc.html

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/rulemakings/210nprp.pdf

Read section "C" of the first reference above.

Regulations which would prohibit the special marine event may be temporarily suspended upon a finding that the event will not significantly impact the long-term management of the resource, create a safety hazard or unreasonably limit the use of the area by other boaters. It shall be the responsibility of the sponsor to advertise these special conditions in a manner satisfactory to the Commission.
                            !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                              I dont know man.. I must be missing the funny part. I hear about PA busting balls and I see the end of great race sites like Franklin, and lockhaven. I consider myself a fairly easy going guy, You can mess with my job, you can mess with my tools, hell...you can mess with my wife for that matter.. But you mess arround with my race'n.. and were gunna fight.
                              the funny part was the visual i got in my head of the guy stepping on to the boat and goin fer a swim

"The Coffee Guy"
                              TEAM CAFFEINE

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                                I am very certain that during the past 2 years a Federal Court reaffirmed that Coast Guard Regulations trump state laws; citing there would be mass confusion in navigation if it were up to the states ... and that this applied to all waters, not just those that feed to the ocean and gulf. DHS (Department of Homeland Security) did not want to give up the long standing federal authority.

We need to find this recent ruling and then stand up in court to affirm it.

"They" are not going to back down without a fight.

"We" probably need to voice our approval to fight to APBA HQ and pre-load our attorney for the fight.

If "we" let "them" know we will fight and win, only then will they back off.
                                I agree completely IF we just roll over and jump through every new new hoop
                                soon there will be so many new hoops that it will be impossible to jump that high or far. This is just not a boat racing issue. This is a way of life issue.
                                anything that can not be banned outright. is in the process of being regulated out of existence.(that is dangerous and not a necessity)
                                There is a push in IL right now to require all firearm owners to purchase a 1 million dollar liability policy on their guns. The policy would have to insure the owner from the miss use of a stolen firearm. I do not think there is a company in the world that would provide such coverage. Hence every firearm owner in the state would be in violation of the law
                                Last edited by Kev43V; 05-04-2009, 03:22 PM.

"The Coffee Guy"
                                TEAM CAFFEINE

Comment

Working...
                                X