State Boat Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
    the funny part was the visual i got in my head of the guy stepping on to the boat and goin fer a swim

I know, I got it, it is pretty funny. and my statement was not aimed at you or anyone here for that matter. Fact is, we are all slaves to the system, Money starts at the bank and ends up at the bank and slavery in one way or another fills all of the space between. My race program acts as the great equalizer for me. The prospect of racing my rig and being with my friends makes it all worth it.
    Last edited by Sonny; 05-04-2009, 03:36 PM.
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

What happens when they have nothing left to steal?

What happens when we have nothing left to tax?

Maybe Janice was right all along -- freedom is just a another word for nothing left to lose.

Paul A Christner

Comment

Lyons Racing For Sale...

Huge boat sale @ Troys... Whole trailer must go, A's, C's, motors, props, gear, everything must go. Racing in Region 3 is becoming too difficult, going swimming at Troys, need beer money!
        Future J dad!

Comment

boat registration for an 850cc mod hydro? i went to my local boat shop to get the form for getting my [FEH] registerd.
          #1 vin numbers none
          #2 people it can carry 1
          #3 lights????????????
          #4 motor 70 hp omc
          #5 lenght 13' 6"
          #6 ???????????????? you must take pics 4 of them. home built, the state will give a vin number for the boat.
          it also must be inspected for safety. and in most cases YOU MUST COMPLEY WITH STATE LAWS. for the size of your boat. lights horn ect, ect, ect. i have looked into this, and i must say. this is a pain in the ASS. but it can be done the smaller boats are ez.you can pic up the form at any boat shop. or, online from the pa fish and game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
            Huge boat sale @ Troys... Whole trailer must go, A's, C's, motors, props, gear, everything must go. Racing in Region 3 is becoming too difficult, going swimming at Troys, need beer money!
            you could alway move to a more race friendly region. I hear there are houses for sale in region 7

"The Coffee Guy"
            TEAM CAFFEINE
            Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
            " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

I saw the mention of USCG regs. The USCG does not have jurisdiction on all state waters. The USCG authority is on all navigable waters, this is any water that you can navigate on and get to the ocean, and any body of water that is in two or more states. The states normally use the fed regulations and also sometimes add a few extra things.

Comment

Maine law

Maine has an exemption in the title 12 law that allows race boats to operate as long as they have a valid # from a" recognized Racing orginazation." Guess what ? APBA is not on the list . I had to set up a club and get it incorperated and then get a letter of exemtion to cover our events. We also get a state permit for each event ( free). We also get exempted from most of the other pleasure boat requirements.

Comment

APBA not on the Maine list ???

Gee wilikers, what does the APBA do? The APBA should be all over the various regulatory agencies like stink on a kevlar storage box! The APBA should provide a complete list of go, no-go racing states, and mount an offensive to twist the no-go Jersey-like states into line.

Good grief. Various motorcycle lobby groups raise way more stink over helmet laws than the APBA does over regs that basically stop boat racing.

I recall when Fairfax County VA decided to ban "noisy" power tools with a law we nicknamed the anti-repair law. I still could have built a race boat, but it would have to be built behind closed garage doors - can't spoil the pristine suburban `hood with a view of ugly wood parts - and I would have had to build it with hand tools. EAA to the rescue. The Experimental Aircraft Association unleashed an impressive cadre of legal types that buried the Fairfax County commission under huge piles of legalese papers. Hey! Hydros kinda fly, so maybe we should hook up with the EAA and get some real help instead of *mumble-blather* from the APBA!
                  carpetbagger

Comment

And don't forget ...

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                    I remember back in the day some outboard motors had to be spun 180 degrees to get reverse. That was back when we sucked on lead paint as kids and never used bike helmets.
                    We use to bust a thermometer and play with the little balls of mercury! See if you could mash one under your stabbing fingertip - near impossible, and rub mercury over a penny and try to pass it off to the cafeteria as a dime!

P.S. Speaking of mercury, I had a Mercury outboard that spun 180 for reverse. Back in the `50s. Age 12. On the water by meself. No ignition kill tether, no nav lights.
                    carpetbagger

Comment

The problem is we have to know about it while they are just in the talking stage. Monitoring every state legislature is a monumental task. The idiotic things proposed in the MD legislature each year are astounding.

I'm sure the only reason MD's noisy boat law has exemptions for races and race boat testing are because one of us was in the legislature while the bill was written (Thank YOU Mr. Baker!)

What it comes down to is US. We, as local members, have to have contact in the legislature while it is in session to know what is going on. To do this from Detroit down would require us to double the cost of membership.

Next fall ... attend your region meeting. Ask if anyone is in the legislature or personally knows anyone in it. Ask the region if anyone will monitor the legislature. APBA isn't "they" it is "us"

Comment

Racing at White Haven Pa.

Attention all boat racers;

Do not sell your boats yet. Have a meeting with Fish & Boat Commission about the Special Marine Permit. We may be able to solve problems. New Jersey Lambertville has arranged for test in pits. Things look darkest before the light. I belive that we will race at White Haven.

Would like to hear from APBA SORC if all what is being said on this topic has created some response. Just tell us that you are reading this and have some opinion. Life Jacket and Coast Guard, Exempt as for special marine permit 58 pa 119.7 , Exempt for boat used for racing only, The mention of regs. about officially sanctioned events, is APBA an offical santioning body, Tidle 33-naviation and navigable waters, Chapter 1 Part 173 Vessel numbering and casualty and accident reporting subpart B numbering 173 exemptions, Where Coast Guard issues numbers, the following classes of vessels are exempt, boats used exclusively for racing.
                        I know that these are loaded questions and realize that a quick answer will not serve anybody. I know you are thinking but communication at this time is important to races scheduled in near future.

Jim Tower 118P

Comment

I'm not sure how this got in our Canadian marine safety rules but we have a great guide for racing marine vehicles and is it's exemptions are a great example to other places I think.

Starts on page 30
                          http://www.tc.gc.ca/publications/EN/.../HR/TP511E.pdf

Racing-type boats (other than canoes, kayaks and rowing shells) do not have
                          to carry the equipment listed in this guide if they:
                          •• are engaged in formal training, in an official competition or in final preparation for an official competition;
                          •• are operated under conditions of clear visibility;
                          •• are attended by a safety craft; and carry the safety equipment required by the rules of their sport’s governing body.

We still need the Fed Marine license depending on your age and size of boat... can be taken online for little cost and is good forever.
                          Fralick Racing
                          Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew 4CE View Post
                            I'm not sure how this got in our Canadian marine safety rules but we have a great guide for racing marine vehicles and is it's exemptions are a great example to other places I think.
                            Yes but this is the USA,
                            We can't smack our kids on the ass
                            We can't ride a bike without a helmet
                            We can't get out and vote, (the majority of us) LOL
                            We soon will not be able to have a gun
                            We may not be able to pay our taxes
                            We may not be able to stay in our home
                            We may be attacked by any low life
                            We may have to give up what many have died for
                            We must show proper respect for those who want to kill us

Hell maybe I am just old with a bad attitude.....
                            John Sherlock

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man
                            standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill

Comment

Do Something

You can't rely on people frmo other states to solve your states problems. it does not work that way. It takes a lot of people emailing and calling your local senators and reps, that you elected, and voicing your opinion ! I monitor the MI laws concering hunting rights and gun rights. When I see a bill brought up that concerns me, I email my senator and house reps and let them know about it. I do it on the State level and the National level. If you do not voice your opinion to them, they will never know what the majoirty wants. Believe it or not, they do want to work with you and do what the majority wants. If they have a strong opinion against it, they will tell you that and why. Then you can debate.

What really trips my trigger is the fact we have to monitor this crap. I fear in a couple generations the U.S. will be worse than the former USSR and still claim to be free......... ya right. Free to do what you tell us what we can and can't do down to what time we take a crap. Why does politics ruin most good clean fun things ?
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Do something

I personally make maybe, OH, I would say two or three emails a week to my various heads of state including our president. The next step for me will be phone calls.
                                John Sherlock

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man
                                standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X