No announcement yet.

APBA Candidates for BOD and Council

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat, You'll find me during the day in the S.O. meetings. (Making sure they don't pass the reinforced cockpit rule)

We'll have to have a beer at Detroit in the hospitality room.

Run for APBA Council...it's a good way to get your feet wet with the BOD and see up close what is going on.

Agree that the Bass guys have put up with a lot, I can't believe they have stuck it out either.

PRO/STOCK/MOD we all have to stick together and support each other.
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

[QUOTE=don11w;86850]Pat, You'll find me during the day in the S.O. meetings. (Making sure they don't pass the reinforced cockpit rule) QUOTE]

Deduct 2 pts off the scorecard from the red corner for a low blow. Let's keep them up, Don. Now back to the action.
      Brian 10s

Comment

Put 'em in if you want, but personally I will spend my money on what I am wearing which will have a much greater impact on how I come out of a STOCK OUTBOARD accident.

Comment

[QUOTE=Brian10s;86859]
          Originally posted by don11w View Post
          Pat, You'll find me during the day in the S.O. meetings. (Making sure they don't pass the reinforced cockpit rule) QUOTE]

Deduct 2 pts off the scorecard from the red corner for a low blow. Let's keep them up, Don. Now back to the action.
          Brian, I knew you would like that.
          "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by raceright View Post
            Just keep voting for the same people change nothing APBA and its oldfashiond ways chased away Unlimited and Offshore ****
            Pat Wright
            Pat: you are exactly right. All of us are boat racers and generally see things the way we have always done them as being the right way to do things. Our disagreements are not usually about the "big picture." I do not agree that we chased away Unlimited and Offshore. The way they wanted to do things, at least when they left, I did not agree with. That doesn't mean things haven't changed since then. They have and a reconciliation is in order and should be attempted.

I originally supported the Plan 2000 concept in that we needed professional managers for our sport. Unfortunately, some bad things started to happen following that plan and it never really was put into full force.

Bottom line is, however, 11-W is right: getting involved is the only way to do it. I know you've been at the annual meetings recently. I only wish more of our members took it as seriously. Most of them don't even bother to return their ballot.

Hopefully this year, that'll change. Ed Hearn, SO Chairman (for just 63 more days)
            14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
              Pat: you are exactly right. All of us are boat racers and generally see things the way we have always done them as being the right way to do things. Our disagreements are not usually about the "big picture." I do not agree that we chased away Unlimited and Offshore. The way they wanted to do things, at least when they left, I did not agree with. That doesn't mean things haven't changed since then. They have and a reconciliation is in order and should be attempted.

I originally supported the Plan 2000 concept in that we needed professional managers for our sport. Unfortunately, some bad things started to happen following that plan and it never really was put into full force.

Bottom line is, however, 11-W is right: getting involved is the only way to do it. I know you've been at the annual meetings recently. I only wish more of our members took it as seriously. Most of them don't even bother to return their ballot.

Hopefully this year, that'll change. Ed Hearn, SO Chairman (for just 63 more days)
              Ok also thought plan 2000 was going to help then life got in the way and could not stay active in APBA and before ya knew it APBA was going backwards. Like in all politics administration gets blame so maybe thats not fair, at Detroit we should have that long over due beer (but trust me Lawyers do not intimidate me ha ha ha hire them quite often)

N711
              Pat Wright
              Top Hydro in the end there can only be one

Comment

Working...
              X