No announcement yet.

APBA Candidates for BOD and Council

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay Bob, I'm asking ... Who is who on my ballot? (Other than Bob Wartinger and Ed Hearn both of whom I have marked.) What do they stand for and why is that good for kneeldowns? I don't know the issues APBA faces.

Comment

Doug,

Pick up the phone and call someone that is the best way to find out. Call Ed Hearn and he'll fill you in.
      "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Remember to vote!!!! Everyone should have received their ballot by now. If you did not get one call APBA.

I’m sure the following would appreciate it if you sent it in with their names marked.

CANDIDATES FOR BOARD OF DIRECTORS

(Elect 5 members - 2 year term)

J. David Augustine, Sr..
        Ernie Dawe
        Fred Hauenstein, Jr.
        Edward W. Hearn
        Mark J. Weber

CANDIDATES FOR COUNCIL MEMBER AT LARGE

(Elect 6 members - 4 year term)

Laurie Allen
        Penny Anderson
        Tammy Dawe
        Stanton T. Fitts
        Alexander Jennings III
        Bob Wartinger
        "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by don11w View Post
          Remember to vote!!!! Everyone should have received their ballot by now. If you did not get one call APBA.

I’m sure the following would appreciate it if you sent it in with their names marked.

CANDIDATES FOR BOARD OF DIRECTORS

(Elect 5 members - 2 year term)

J. David Augustine, Sr..
          Ernie Dawe
          Fred Hauenstein, Jr.
          Edward W. Hearn
          Mark J. Weber

CANDIDATES FOR COUNCIL MEMBER AT LARGE

(Elect 6 members - 4 year term)

Laurie Allen
          Penny Anderson
          Tammy Dawe
          Stanton T. Fitts
          Alexander Jennings III
          Bob Wartinger

what are the duties of the "council members at large"??
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

ARTICLE X - APBA COUNCIL.
            Section 10.1. There shall be a Council of the APBA which shall meet at the Annual Meeting of the Association and shall
            be advisory to the Board of Directors.
            Section 10.2. The members of Council shall consist of the President, the immediate Past President, all Region Chairmen,
            all Category Chairmen and 12 Members-at-Large.
            Section 10.3. The term of office for the 12 Council Members-at-Large shall be four (4) years. Every two (2) years at the
            Annual election, the Council Members-at-Large shall be elected by the members on a staggered basis, alternately, by first
            electing six (6) members and then six (6) members, respectively, for a term of four (4) years.
            Section 10.4. Members of the APBA Council shall not be considered members of the Board of Directors. However,
            members of Council have the right to be present for any meeting of the Board of Directors and have the right to be heard
            during the Board’s discussion of any item of business. Due consideration shall be given by the Board of Directors for any
            resolution of position by the APBA Council.

Don Allen

Comment

ARTICLE X - APBA COUNCIL.
              Section 10.1. There shall be a Council of the APBA which shall meet at the Annual Meeting of the Association and shall
              be advisory to the Board of Directors.
              Section 10.2. The members of Council shall consist of the President, the immediate Past President, all Region Chairmen,
              all Category Chairmen and 12 Members-at-Large.
              Section 10.3. The term of office for the 12 Council Members-at-Large shall be four (4) years. Every two (2) years at the
              Annual election, the Council Members-at-Large shall be elected by the members on a staggered basis, alternately, by first
              electing six (6) members and then six (6) members, respectively, for a term of four (4) years.
              Section 10.4. Members of the APBA Council shall not be considered members of the Board of Directors. However,
              members of Council have the right to be present for any meeting of the Board of Directors and have the right to be heard
              during the Board’s discussion of any item of business. Due consideration shall be given by the Board of Directors for any
              resolution of position by the APBA Council.

this tells me what they are, but what duties do they enforce or proceed with?
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Section 10.1

Comment

Originally posted by D_Allen_III View Post
                  Section 10.1
                  guess I better pull out the "other" manual.......thanks.
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

No manual needed...

10.1 is above.

.....They shall be advisory to the Board of Directors

Don Allen

Comment

No manual needed...

10.1 is above.

Someone convince me that the Council has any relevance in todays digital environment ... after all we've got Hydroracer.net to give the BOD all the advice they need ... but seriously does Ernie really need Tammys input!
                      Untethered from reality!

Comment

No manual needed...

10.1 is above.

what are they advising? Please rundown the process.........members, Stock/mod/prop region reps (SORC), SO/MOD/PRO chairman, Council members?, BOD, Pres??? What issues go to the Council? Seems like a very big chain of command?
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

thats it

Just keep voting for the same people change nothing APBA and its oldfashiond ways chased away Unlimited and Offshore (Visited a offshore event on Long Island over weekend,what a show thousand of spectators sponsored by Gieco beautiful job). What catergory is next, seems that Historic is only one growing > Have nothing against people playing with there old toys just seems like APBA is not helping with newer toys (leadership is help) So vote for the same personality and ya get fewer and fewer members pretty soon ya get to vote for yourself

Pat Wright

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
                            Vote for kneel-downers.
                            Aren't they all outboarders ... seems to me that we have a win-win can't lose proposition this time around!
                            Untethered from reality!

Comment

Originally posted by raceright View Post
                              Just keep voting for the same people change nothing APBA and its oldfashiond ways chased away Unlimited and Offshore (Visited a offshore event on Long Island over weekend,what a show thousand of spectators sponsored by Gieco beautiful job). What catergory is next, seems that Historic is only one growing > Have nothing against people playing with there old toys just seems like APBA is not helping with newer toys (leadership is help) So vote for the same personality and ya get fewer and fewer members pretty soon ya get to vote for yourself

Pat Wright
                              Pat....couldn't help but notice that your name is missing from the ballot? Was that in error? I'm sure there is a long list of people that would have voted for you if you had stepped up to the plate and actually did something other than arm chair quarterback.

Must not have meet you at some of the National meetings I attended over the years. Come to Detroit and let's talk about the changes you would make. Maybe I'll endorse you on the next ballot.

Don Allen

Comment

Pat....couldn't help but notice that your name is missing from the ballot? Was that in error? I'm sure there is a long list of people that would have voted for you if you had stepped up to the plate and actually did something other than arm chair quarterback.

Must not have meet you at some of the National meetings I attended over the years. Come to Detroit and let's talk about the changes you would make. Maybe I'll endorse you on the next ballot.

Don I'am presently Pro commissioner from region 2--also have served on numorus committees and chair capsule safety committee, am directly responsible for chaning some pro rules to better suit modern racing and still working on more,personaly had fiber carbon kevlar layup in pro rules tested to see if it meets Bob Wartingers requirements and it did.
                                Have been to 06-natl meeting in Ft.Lauderdale and had rules changed
                                was at la.natl meeting and changed some more rules you would have to attend Pro meetings to find me. Oh and if ya doubt what I have been accomplishing the last two or three years ask any Pro commissioner in your region. Thought about trying to be on BOD gonna wait and see if i could possibly make and impact as I have done in the pro division but would need much more positive thinking that would allow modern and new equiptment to enter the sport(look at all the bull Bass Bros has put up with,can't believe they did the Brothers must be saints) Any way What have you done and maybe you think everyone knows you but I don't.(doesn't mean we can't have a beer ) Pat

Comment

Working...
                                X