This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRO Nationals

I have not seen the final schedule, but OSY400 typically runs Friday. A drive must register by Thursday, unless he/she has been given permission to register late ( a mailed registration form is required). Drivers meeting is typically at 8 or 8:30 AM on Friday.
    David Weaver

Comment

Questions re OSY 400 by 14H

All the "conventional wisdom" about attorneys says that they don't ask any questions they don't already know the answer to. Why would the Stock category want more classes? Member dues/fees/budget issues perhaps? The PRO Commission better be careful if they covet OSY 400. He has already made you look like scrooge for enforcing and upholding your rules. What might be next?

Comment

Originally posted by bill van steenwyk
        Why would the Stock category want more classes? Member dues/fees/budget issues perhaps? The PRO Commission better be careful if they covet OSY 400.
        Interesting. I'm not a lawyer and don't know the answer to how APBA budgets work; however, does Member dues/fees/budget go toward the category? Does the Pro Division get funding from OSY, or any other class, dues, fees etc. that would be lost if switched from Pro to Stock?

Comment

Originally posted by nightmoves
          UIM rule book section 525 - weight 100kg boat only, 170kg with driver, compares to CSH. Motor differences are similar with Yamato only replacement parts. 102,202,302 only for permissible motors, 80 not permitted as in APBA.

Hull design is hydro only with 60% maximum sponson length.

All of the motors that come over need the head and gearcase done showing they dont permit modifications too them.
          If 170kg = 375 pounds (and it does), then the UIM weight minimum doesn't compare to CSH. CSH minimum is 440 pounds. I'd bet that you could count the number of OSY rigs in the US that are under 375 pounds on one hand. Do you need to add 41 kg of motor to the 170 kg to get the full UIM weight? That would to about 465 pounds.
          Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
          sigpic
          Portland, Oregon
          Johnson Racing

Comment

David is correct...OSY will run on Friday at the Pro Nationals.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
            Tomtall 06

Comment

*** What might be next?
              Mr. VS: Despite the fact that you have no shame and have little concern about wrongfully smearing people's reputation, I will give you this: you're intuitive.

In lawyer-speak, we call what you have observed "opening statement". Ed.
              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Opening Statement???

So Ed,

Is there an agenda here?

Warbs
                64*W

Comment

re your comments about my "opening statement"

APBA Legal Counsel has stated "I have no shame". At this point I see nothing for me to be ashamed about. It was he, not I, that did not perform the duties of Chief Referee correctly at the Winter Nationals, and at the very least misled, if not fabricated, by approving the inspection of the motor by a person who was not there, the papers needed for approval of such record. As previously stated by a member of the PRO Commission and confirmed by another whom I have personally spoken with, when you sign something as an approval, that means you witnessed the performance of the task. Remember, the rule books states that is the duty of the referee to see that the race is CORRECTLY run, and the other race personnel do their jobs correctly. Inspecting a motor by phone is a very long stretch, even by the legal profession.

If it were me that had screwed this up, I would at least have apologized personally to the competitor involved, in a public forum, and also the other competitors that were there. I have not seen such an apology, unless it was made and then removed as some of your other posts have been. Instead, you have gone along with unwarranted criticism of the PRO Commission for upholding their rules regards record races. In your position as Legal Counsel don't you have a responsibility to defend the correct application of category rules, or is that just if you don't appear to have a conflict of interest, as is certainly the case here.

As to "wrongfully smearing peoples reputation's", I don't believe I have written ANYTHING untrue about this subject, especially based on information furnished on this site by members of the PRO Commission who had to make a decision on this matter based on information you and APBA probably furnished, namely the sanction and inspection papers, and the things that were said to have been done that you signed off on. I also qualified all my comments by stating "THAT IF THE INFORMATION IS FACTUAL AS STATED." I have seen no information presented as a rebuttal to those comments by Commission members.

Finally, in regards to "lawyer-speak". Please don't ever accuse me of that.
                  That is the absolute worst thing you can do to a person.

If you want to try to continue to "kill the messenger" then have at it. You are the one with the signature on the papers that were found not properly prepared, not I.

Comment

***. You are the one with the signature on the papers that were found not properly prepared, not I.
                    Mr. VS: You're hilarious. I really don't know how someone can go on and on about something, professing to know so much about a subject-matter and never have bothered to even lay eyes upon papers that are the subject of the discussion. You obviously have still not read the Inspection Sheet. My signature is not on it.

I've got a new title for you: Mr. Cliff Clavin. You weren't a mail carrier at one time, were you? LOL. You are too funny!!! Ed.
                    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

My turn for popcorn....DW I made enough for you to share!!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                      Tomtall 06

Comment

Originally posted by Kristi Ellison
                        My turn for popcorn....DW I made enough for you to share!!
                        Thanks, but it looks like a re-run....
                        David Weaver

Comment

Cliff Clavin

Good one, ED!!!

Warbs
                          64*W

Comment

Originally posted by 14-H
                            Isn't it true that there was a push from Region 5 recently to add OSY-400 as a full Title Series Class and that request was rejected? Ed.
                            Yea, add another (C) stock class to your events! There are so many classes in stock running the same engine over and over. Confusing and boring. The PRO division does not need the class but run it because it is a UIM class and was origionally run as a PRO class. Please end this forem soon so it doen not get dragged out like the other one. ......N-96

Comment

Can it

Why not just can the class as a whole, obviously the pro category thinks it is a pile (i.e. statements such as "not needed" "good will effort") and others are just doing a favor by adding it to their overwhelming schedule.

Comment

YES- Eliminate Osy 400

Originally posted by 14-H
                                Isn't it true that there was a push from Region 5 recently to add OSY-400 as a full Title Series Class and that request was rejected? Ed.
                                I wouldn't call 1 or 2 people from Region 5 asking for it to run all the Pro events a push by Region 5, I'm in Region 5 and I hear a lot of negative coments like Chris said above. Lets drop the class at Stock events and they will have to run in C Stock hydro. At one of the races this year we combined 20H, CSH and OSY and it worked great.
                                Last edited by Bob Dunlap; 06-06-2006, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X