No announcement yet.

AOF Nationals 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets hear who else is comming and what we can expect to see, im all excited for this one.
    John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
    Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
    Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Originally posted by RandY Aveline View Post
      no it was in 86 and dale hull was the 2nd heat winner
      that is for sure and i set the record in the first heat had a bad start the second heat and could not catch dale that heat
      dick aveline also raced that year for the first time since 1971 in the mod classes and he bought a 45 ss motor to run in the dfeh class he ran 2 years and then sold me the hydro
      i ran it in 87 and laid off in 88 then kicked dhydro butts all of 89

it seems like yesterday

cant promise i will be there but i can and will let ya know for sure later

Art i guess pride truly does go before the fall

Peace
      OK.... I didn't remember Dale racing after his wreck in D Hydro at Runaway Bay. I'd bet on your memory over mine in this case because you set a record and won the Nationals.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

ALL cards honored.

If you set a record (3 mile record is what we will be running -1 miles X 3 laps), then if you want to claim it you can then join AOF.
        All stock, mod, and pro classes, and if some OPC want to show, just let us know.

You could join on a one event for $25

If you do decide to join for the $75 yearly fee, then you will get to race next year also on that same fee. How about that? $75 and two chances at a nationals (2007 and 2008).

We should have a banner up soon about this race. October in Louisiana is usually extremely nice weather.

Comment

I'm planning on being there with 1CMH. Jack

Comment

Originally posted by David_L6 View Post
            I'm planning on being there with E and Super E hydros. Will be first race for my Super E hydro.
            David,
            Will you use the Altralite for either of these?
            How has that rig worked out?
            Would be interested if you ever part with it.
            Rig I wanted for my C-mod Wizard slipped thru my hands....there will be others....

19P
            100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH View Post
              David,
              Will you use the Altralite for either of these?
              How has that rig worked out?
              Would be interested if you ever part with it.
              Rig I wanted for my C-mod Wizard slipped thru my hands....there will be others....

19P

Steve,

I have two Arltralites. One for 44 and one for Super E. Haven't run the Super E boat yet but I really like the 44 boat.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Does anyone know what the weight is for CMH and what the upper legal limit is on the Digatron fuel tester within AOF?

Comment

i plan on being there with some 4-cyl and 3-cyl stuff but i will be trying to keep david W. under control most of the time.. will the kids be able to run novice with the y-80 like the old days.

Comment

I heard back on my questions on class and fuel from the AOF Vice President today. He is going to be there early and will be involved in setting the measured course. I encourage all that can make it to attend. The weather is cooling down here in the South and the evenings are beautiful. It would be great for some of the Northern folks to see what it is really like down this way after the false picture they got at the 2006 APBA Winter Nationals at which all 3 national organizations' membership cards were honored. The favor is being returned by AOF at this event. Lets support this and have fun!

Comment

I agree with you Jack, Hebert Racing has always looked for competition. We've gone to Dayton, Zanesville, and DePue. These races did not impress us. Lake Buhlow in Pineville has the best water I've ever seen. If you want to prove how fast you are, this is where it can happen. All Boat Racers know where this lake is and it's been raced so many times that spectators hardly even come any more. This is not about promotion, it's about achievement. And, look at the bright side, if you lose you'll still eat good, and have lots of FUN!
                      Shane Hebert
                      15L

Comment

Can someone please post of the classes and their weights. I seem to have forgotten what i should weight for the AOF classes....
                        John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                        Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                        Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                        Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                        Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

SEHs?

Curious who will be running SEH? Imagine that Ralph Cook, Shane Hebert, and Burt Hoefs would definitely be in attendance. As of today, I am planning to make the trek from Illinois (assuming work is still willing next Thursday). John Kincaid

Comment

jack
                            i believe the weights are the same in AOF as APBA and NBRA
                            save for the E runabout as APBA has no weight set for it

If i remember correctly cmh is 440 dmh is 440 and drun is 490 erun is 490 unless things have changed
                            maybe david L6 can refresh my memory on this

due to a bad rod in my 44 it looks like i may not make it not sure yet am still looking for a 15 over merc piston new or good used will do if any body has 1 let me hear from you please

its been several years since i raced in pineville but its truly 1 of my most favored races sites

and i look forward to running there again soon

Randy 23-H
                            Last edited by RandY Aveline; 09-26-2007, 09:47 PM. Reason: corrections
                            Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Thanks Randy but the weight in CMH in NBRA is 435 and in APBA it's 440. The Mod25 in NBRA is 400. It use to be 435 in AOF and I'll assume that it has not changed until I get there and find out. No big deal at this point. Fortunately I still have to carry some lead most of the time. Us "small "guys have it good!.

Sorry you haven't gotten your engine fixed. Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X