AOF Nationals 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YankeeRacing View Post
    Larry, I have no idea if the cards will be honored or not. Russ has been racing and dong some kidney dialasis. (sp) so he has not been on HR.

However, I am wondering why you are asking, since I know that Kevin is a Hall of Fame member of AOF and that gives him a free membership. All he will have to do is pay entry fees. That being said, I know how many classes Kevin runs, so just paying entry fees won't be cheap, that is for sure.

And if you are planning on racing, you are a LIfetime member, so you won't pay for a membership. (I heard through the grapevine that you might get back in a boat?) Who knows, maybe Terry will too.

It was nice seeing you in DePue!!! I sure miss the good ol days.

Say hi to the family,
    Connie
    Connie thanks for getting back with me. The reason I asked was a few NBRA members was asking and I said I didn't know for sure but I though they would as they have honored them in the past. If anybody knows for sure one way or the other I wish you would post it. I think we need a race for old timers, you have to be 60 or older. I know I can't compete with the young bucks.
    Yea I miss the old days too.
    Thanks Larry Mac

Comment

connie i was looking to see if i could find my certificate of record as i do remember winning d runabout aof nationals there in 1986 but i guess that is another placard the wife errrr ex wife tossed out or tore up or whatever well who knows when we broke up !!
      some how i still have 1 plaque and 1 texas nationals trophy left from 1989 and 1992 i wonder how she missed them LOLOl
      man what a bitter woman she was hehehe
      and i am thinking it was not even 56 mph any way we had some fun back then for sure
      if i remember right i won 1 heat and dale hull won the 2nd heat and i got the over all on points and position dam we all ran so close back then

well i cant promise i will be there but i have set a goal to make it and have time
      to make ready for it
      will keep you posted as t if i am going for sure
      Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

Larry from what i recall you always gave the young bucks a tuff water way to travel and im betting you probably still would
        you just gotta get in shape and believe

2 years ago i would not have believed i could ever get involved again but i guess god answered my prayers and of course he helps those who help them selves
        it seems my back will never be the same but it is getting less worrisome and i was approved for rehab and going to school soon
        boy there goes the school hall ways lol
        larry you guys coming to dayton ??
        23-H

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

Comment

I Cant Wait!!!!

Im hopeing to do well that wekend. We havent made but one race this year and it is looking like this will be the only other race we make. (Got issues with laying off work/ I just got a new truck) But i should be there running nearly everything there is LOL. (AR, 80SH, BR, 102SH, B1R, B1H, CH, OSY400H, and possibly we may have our D ready for DH, if we can find a boat by then.) So i hope to see everyone there and maybe i have a chance at leaving with just ONE national atleast LOL.
          John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
          Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
          Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
          Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
          Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Originally posted by RandY Aveline View Post
            connie i was looking to see if i could find my certificate of record as i do remember winning d runabout aof nationals there in 1986.....
            .....if i remember right i won 1 heat and dale hull won the 2nd heat and i got the over all on points and position dam we all ran so close back then
            Randy, either it wasn't in '86 or it wasn't Dale Hull that you swapped heats with in '86. Dale flipped in D Hydro at the '85 Nats and was run over by a boat that was behind him. He didn't race again until 1996.

But when he did make a comeback - he made a comeback! He built a hydro, a runabout, and a Super E motor that year and then won the Nationals in both SEH and SER.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Mac View Post
              I think we need a race for old timers...
              Larry Mac
              Here's a race for you Randy.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by johnml390 View Post
                Im hopeing to do well that wekend. We havent made but one race this year and it is looking like this will be the only other race we make.
                Don't I know that feeling very well........

Comment

if you are a hall of fame member how long is that free membership good for?

Comment

The plan was, and I am not involved anymore, retired!!! yeah!!!!
                    Once you were in the Hall of Fame you are always in it. Since this is not a yearly award, but a forever one. However, say you are not supportive of AOF for some time, then you would not qualify anymore. Being supportive does not mean that you have to race every year or anything. But being negative about the organization would certainly probably kick you out of the free thing...I am guessing anyway.
                    But truthfully, how can anyone be negative about AOF: grass roots racing, partners with APBA now, and grandfathered old insurance that is only about $200 a race, allowing for cheaper racing when another race might not happen. (And I call myself retired?).
                    Anyway, if you have any questions, email Russ at AOFOffice@aol.com and he will answer your questions.
                    Connie

Comment

Excommunication

Connie: If we had that rule in APBA, I'd'a been kicked out of the APBA Hall of Champions in 2003 (remember Sea-Tac???). lol. Ed.
                      14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Ed,
                        I never could follow that whole Sea-Tac thing. I guess you had to be a lawyer.....?
                        Anyway, we've come a long way haven't we? Ed Hearn, APBA Stock Outboard Chair AND an AOF Hall of Famer...and nobodies getting kicked out of anything..
                        Wow. Racing in 2007 is good. I hope you and I had something to do with that.
                        I haven't even seen anyone getting kicked off Hydroracer for a while.
                        Life is good.
                        Hopefully some of the people who got cold in Pineville during the winter nationals will give the site one more chance. There isn't a better racing lake around, and none as fast. A good place to break some records, or at least find out how fast you can go.
                        Connie
                        Last edited by YankeeRacing; 08-27-2007, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Kicked Out

I guess Connie that you have kicked me out of my Lifetime membership. And we wonder why their is NBRA. Such is life in Connie`s world.
                          Art K

Comment

no it was in 86 and dale hull was the 2nd heat winner
                            that is for sure and i set the record in the first heat had a bad start the second heat and could not catch dale that heat
                            dick aveline also raced that year for the first time since 1971 in the mod classes and he bought a 45 ss motor to run in the dfeh class he ran 2 years and then sold me the hydro
                            i ran it in 87 and laid off in 88 then kicked dhydro butts all of 89

it seems like yesterday

cant promise i will be there but i can and will let ya know for sure later

Art i guess pride truly does go before the fall

Peace

Comment

Originally posted by sadiemydog1 View Post
                              I guess Connie that you have kicked me out of my Lifetime membership. And we wonder why their is NBRA. Such is life in Connie`s world.
                              Art K
                              sorry Art, wasn't me. My theory is: keep anyone involved in racing we can. Even if I don't like em someone probably does, and who am I? Now I am retired, been retired for a while so not sure what you are talking about.
                              Listen to Randy. Pride is a problem sometimes. Just race and have fun.
                              Love ya man,
                              Peace out, (that is what us old hippies say, not sure what it means)
                              Connie

Comment

Oh well !
                                Art K

Comment

Working...
                                X