No announcement yet.

Briggs and Stratton and Mini Most

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#001 - Very cool. Keep us posed on how it runs. Looks like it's all set. Steering bar, throttle, pipe and gas tank. I like steering bar tanks. But, it's not a Briggs tank...blasphemy!

Are you starting out with the cavitation plate level with or below the bottom?

What are you doing about the F-N-R lever? Start in Neutral and then shift, or can you start in Forward. Add a pipe slider lever for F-N-R.

BRB

Comment

Good Questions

Thanks for the questions.

The transom hieght on Carl's hull is around 17.5 inches. The two I am building are slightly higher. We will start at the highest level and slowly trim the transom until planes fairly easily.

Carl and I are leaving the shifting mechanisms in tact on our stock motors. It is nice to start in neutral and shift into forward when everything is ready.

Carl is almost set with the dealership. His prices will be very friendly!

I am still working with the Briggs Motorsports tech. to make sure we have as much knowledge as possible on modifications.

We really hope to see adults build these boats and put together a motor plan so the "retired" folks can have a blast.

As far as the "everythings legal til you get caught" line,...We had it on the back of our dirt stock car. We must have been legal because the tech team never found anything wrong.

Thanks for the interest,
      RussW

sigpic
      SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Minimost testing

Nice effort getting this project going. Any update on testing details done in the last two months?

Bill

Comment

Any new news on this project? Does it plane out? What speed are you seeing? Any problem with them porpoising? Any racing yet?

Comment

Hi - MiniMost getting its deserved recognition

Hi

I am very pleased to see so much discussion about the MiniMost as a great family project and a great entry level fun racer for the kids. It is also great for those in their 2nd 3rd or 4th childhood that want to race with our tired bodies.

Hopefully something can be done up here in Canada to get it going as well.

cheers

Barry
            http://www.minimost.com

Comment

What Happened?

This was one of the most widely read threads in AOF, and led everyone right up to the testing phase ready to begin at the end of March. What a tease! More than 4 months later, no updates or final results. Does anyone know what happened? What were the results of the testing? I e-mailed AOJESUS via this forum to find out, but have heard nothing. What's happening? Is AOJESUS OK, I hope?

Comment

Mini-Most

I agree. If we put on something like this in R-3. I'd be willing to invest in one as a trial race boat for locals to try out. It would take a few people to get this together and have a few to put on a race but it might be a good starter.
                Last edited by PopPop; 08-12-2006, 05:29 AM.
                !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

The Mini Most built by Carl Staron is a great success as a project. Unfortunately, the summer puts a stop to a lot of Florida racing, but as the sanctioned AOF races in Florida begin again soon, we will be able to report more.
                  Carl says that he has way less than a thousand dollars in the project and can make them even more reasonably after having done his experiments. I believe the first sanctioned AOF race in Florida is in September. We will report more then.
                  Connie

Comment

I see the Briggs site list this as an OHV motor. Isn't the go-kart motors IN-Block valve or L-head motors?
                    Was look'n into buying a vertical 5-hp replacement motor and a super-stock/gas go-kart motor (I think they are avail-turn key),
                    swap'n to go-fast stuff, and rig'n to a mod tower.

Anyone got any go-kart motor links?

Anyone been-there/done that yet?

19P
                    Just a MOD racer that can't leave "well enough" alone..............!
                    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

This week end at the lake Placid races there is yet to be ANOTER Mini most running. Built, complete, including motor and boat and everything, for less than $1000. Hope to have pics after this week end.

Comment

Working...
                      X