No announcement yet.

2011 Stock Winter Nationals Info Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that would be fun ! I would just add about 10lbs. of padding to the cockpit ! Might get dizzy though !

Comment

Only two complaints over 200 drivers i think we did a **** good job
      Lonnie Morris

Comment

Most people won't say what they really feel but I'm sure if provoked you might get a few more than you like.

So I’m guessing you all liked 1 ½ foot rollers while going into the first turn? You like watching drivers destroy boats? You liked watching Darren get carted in on a stretcher? Now I know **** happens and I know it’s a dangerous sport but come on those rollers were ridicules for a back yard race let alone the nationals.

And Dave Mason, I agree 7/8 - 1 mile race course is perfect size with smaller corners. Make it a drivers course.
        "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
          And Dave Mason, I agree 7/8 - 1 mile race course is perfect size with smaller corners. Make it a drivers course.
          +1 That was why I liked Moses Lake. It was a lot like what we usually race on. But it is a long haul to get there. Roughly 3100 miles for Nuch!

Comment

Originally posted by Morris85C View Post
            Only two complaints over 200 drivers i think we did a **** good job
            Lonnie-Well, I think everyone is laying pretty low. You get on this forum and speak your opinions and WHAMO--down with the punch. I am sure everyone is appreciative of the work that went into these Nationals. But there are quite a few "opinions" as to the course/rollers. It clearly was dangerous; there were numerous accidents. And, of course, the Nat's always has accidents. But what everyone needs to walk away with is insight--is this a site that the Nationals should be held at in the future? Maybe it is time for a committee---meet and discuss these topics. It certainly doesn't hurt. My opinions only!!

Comment

I should also say for the rest of my family’s sake, in no way do my comments reflect the opinions of the rest of my family nor should it influence your opinion of them. Their stuck with me and have no choice.

And in this case I do agree with everything I say.
              "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
                I think the main reason the whole debate about a central nationals seems perpetual is that both sides have very valid points. I think it IS important that the sites that host them NEED to be true nationals caliber sites.
                Daren G. if that lake is so perfect why have you not put a bid in?
                BTW the year I went to pineville I came home with a sunburn it was plenty warm. plus got to watch the gators coming out of the swamp and into the lake
                Unfortunatly you can't hold a race at lake lawerence between memorial day and labor day. It's how they let us race on the lake. That's why the inboarders run it in the spring. outboards in the fall. I would love to put on a nationals at Lawerence. Fastest water in the world.

On another note 2007 stock nationals in Moses lake were awesome. Everyone who came had a great time. Didn't matter which region. We now how to run a race. Region 10 and SOA are putting our bid together for 2014 nationals as we speak...
                Kyle Bahl
                20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Thanks Ryan

Originally posted by 22W View Post
                  +1 That was why I liked Moses Lake. It was a lot like what we usually race on. But it is a long haul to get there. Roughly 3100 miles for Nuch!
                  I spent the first 2 days at that race listening to people complain about the course, even though it seemed to be the same size for everyone. It turned out to be about .82 miles as I recall. There were VERY few accidents and great racing due to the GPS'd even radius turns we put in. Nuch's drive compares pretty closely to the 2745 miles from Seattle to Whitney Point (how many region 10ers made that race? a lot) or the 2502 miles to Pineville.

No one has brought this up, but with a single central Nationals site we would never have seen the great village of Grass Lake, the beauty of upstate New York, eaten pasty's up in iron ore country, or seen gold mining and jumping frog country of Calaveris County in Cali. We're starting to recycle them now (this will be my 3rd trip to Wakefield next year), but I really like the idea of seeing some of the country, having a shorter drive to Nats every once in a while, and seeing the economic benefit spread around.
                  Moby Grape Racing
                  "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
                    Unfortunatly you can't hold a race at lake lawerence between memorial day and labor day. It's how they let us race on the lake. That's why the inboarders run it in the spring. outboards in the fall. I would love to put on a nationals at Lawerence. Fastest water in the world.

On another note 2007 stock nationals in Moses lake were awesome. Everyone who came had a great time. Didn't matter which region. We now how to run a race. Region 10 and SOA are putting our bid together for 2014 nationals as we speak...
                    Have the nationals in early September. Do it over 4 days. Fly the kids in, they only miss 2 days and that way everyone can race on one of the best race courses in the country.

Don Allen

Comment

Foot n a half rollers

I recall 4 wrecks in turn 1. There are certainly more. Palmquist feh heat 1 lap TWO Akers dsh Heat 1 lap TWO. Sutherland csr heat one Lap ONE. Mr Goehring cmr heat one lap ONE refer to previous posts about runabouts and "heaven 'n hell" these guys were hanging it out there . I was personally in those 2 heats. It was ruff, for all of us. Not for certain people for everyone. Use your skills and adapt. It not always like it is at home. FOR ANY OF US!!!! Even if you are at home. Thats where I test. Unfamiliar conditions for me also. DRIVE **** it DRIVE

Comment

you cant say dam with an n what the

Comment

20ssH

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                          I would love to drive the 20ssh rig for you. Bring it to Lock Haven and Kyle and i will break it for you! I mean break it in for you!

Matt
                          Bummer! I think my boat may be sold. Maybe I can borrow something to race you and Kyle. That would be a blast!

- Mike

Comment

You're selling us 225-V...Hell Yea!!!!!!!!

Don Allen

Comment

Back to the point.

I couldn't find an updated thread regarding the 2011 Winternationals in Indio. I would, however, like some clarification regarding whether or not this will be a STOCK only event, or a STOCK/MOD combination. I read the thread on boatracingfacts.com stating that there are noise restrictions, so it will be a STOCK only event. What's the scoop?
                              28-R

Comment

Originally posted by HydroKyle93R View Post
                                I couldn't find an updated thread regarding the 2011 Winternationals in Indio. I would, however, like some clarification regarding whether or not this will be a STOCK only event, or a STOCK/MOD combination. I read the thread on boatracingfacts.com stating that there are noise restrictions, so it will be a STOCK only event. What's the scoop?
                                Jeff Conant would be a good contact on your question. I would love for it to be Mod also....

Comment

Working...
                                X