2011 Stock Winter Nationals Info Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Stock Winter Nationals Info Please

Trying to plan ahead (for a change) Anybody have specifics for the 2011 Stock Winter Nationals? Where, When, Contact?
    Thanks,
    ChicagoPaul

ca. march pudding stone reservoir near la stock and mod

Comment

You know somewhere there was talk about centralizing the Summer & Winter Nationals so all regions could get there-relatively safe-and not travel for 40 hours. There were so many incidents in the travels out to CA and back for the summer nat's. I can only imagine (and I pray for everyone's safety) of what could possibly happen traveling all the way back to CA in the WINTER. God forbid--it was hard enough getting up and through the mountains with good roads. Not to take anything away from the CA folks but maybe it's not too late to get the Winter Nationals moved. Just a suggestion. Be kind to me---just had major cervical surgery! Don't want to pop my titanium screws!!

Comment

Originally posted by Racing Fan View Post
        You know somewhere there was talk about centralizing the Summer & Winter Nationals so all regions could get there-relatively safe-and not travel for 40 hours. There were so many incidents in the travels out to CA and back for the summer nat's. I can only imagine (and I pray for everyone's safety) of what could possibly happen traveling all the way back to CA in the WINTER. God forbid--it was hard enough getting up and through the mountains with good roads. Not to take anything away from the CA folks but maybe it's not too late to get the Winter Nationals moved. Just a suggestion. Be kind to me---just had major cervical surgery! Don't want to pop my titanium screws!!

Anyone know what the new Wheatland MO Lucas drag boat park is like? Is it suitable for a central Nationals? Pretty much smack dab in the middle if USA. I imagine it wouldnt be hard to get Lucas on board with the idea.
        Fralick Racing
        Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Winternationals update

Winternationals for Stock and Mod will be at Lake Cahuilla in Indio, CA. March 5-6. Hosting club will be SCOA. More details to follow.
          link to area info...http://www.packyourgear.com/Road_Tri...17&lvl=9&p=p18

Puddingstone Lake in March will be a local race for R12 with Inboards-IE-OPC-SO-MOD-PRO-PWC

Jeff Conant
          SCOA Race Director
          sigpic

http://social.apba.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Racing Fan View Post
            Tell me this? How do you have a central nationals period? Does Nebraska or Iowa have water for nationals? How about hotels. Accomodations? Either way the west gets screwed in any type of "central" natonals.

Now I'm heartbroken about the Luce accident its a horrible thing and they are very lucky. But no one has ever voiced these concerns when my trailers every year drive to the Midwest and east. Seattle Outboard Assoc. Is the second largest outboard club In APBA. Having a west nationals or winternationals only every 2-3 years hurts our pocket book and puts our road travel at risk more than east coast teams. Every year I drive a minimum 40 hours to a nationals. Unless in the west. I don't complain that's just how it is. The only fair way is to keep the normal cycle or rotation that we are on.

Looking forward to Indio, CA winternationals. Should be a good race!
            Kyle Bahl
            20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Question. How do we have a Winter Nationals in the the Midwest in the winter months?
              bill b

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew 4CE View Post
                Anyone know what the new Wheatland MO Lucas drag boat park is like? Is it suitable for a central Nationals? Pretty much smack dab in the middle if USA. I imagine it wouldnt be hard to get Lucas on board with the idea.
                From the Lucas Oil web site:

The Drag Boat Strip will be located just south of the existing dirt track and will be approximately 4,000 feet Long, up to 400 feet wide, and approximately 8 feet deep. As with most other projects that Lucas Oil is involved in, the Wheatland, Missouri facility will be state of the art, with onsite camping, sky boxes and numerous other amenities for the racers and race fans alike. Racing action will be sanctioned by the newly formed Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series.
                HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

hmmmm

Originally posted by HRTV View Post
                  From the Lucas Oil web site:

The Drag Boat Strip will be located just south of the existing dirt track and will be approximately 4,000 feet Long, up to 400 feet wide, and approximately 8 feet deep. As with most other projects that Lucas Oil is involved in, the Wheatland, Missouri facility will be state of the art, with onsite camping, sky boxes and numerous other amenities for the racers and race fans alike. Racing action will be sanctioned by the newly formed Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series.
                  plenty long but pretty narrow.

Bill
                  Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

400' wide?????

Piece of cake.

Now, Denton, MD was narrow. Think 2 pins set about 5' from each other and yes, PRO hydros made the turn (usually).

On the serious side this should really be looked into. Who is gonna take the lead on this one?

BW
                    302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
                      Question. How do we have a Winter Nationals in the the Midwest in the winter months?
                      Bill--now that is just silly! We know it can't be set up that "centrally".

Comment

how does this compare to Firebird lake

In the 70's there was a UIM championship race on Firebird lake around Phoenix, and it was great. I have no idea how wide Firebird is but I seem to remember it was somewhat "dumbell" shaped with each end a little bigger/wider than the straights?? Not absolutely sure about that. I do remember they had Unlimited races there some years ago, and somebody ended up on the lake bank, but of course those speeds were much greater than what we are talking about here.

Over the course of 50 years of both watching boat racing and racing myself, I have learned at least one thing. Any course can be dangerous if folks don't use their head. Big courses with wide turns and short courses with narrow turns both can cause problems. The big thing to remember, (which is hard in the heat of competition), is the throttle works both ways.

One thing that will be very interesting to see is the results of the race between the various Sanctioning groups (APBA, AOF, and NBRA) to see who gets down there the quickest and checks the facility out, if that has not already been done by one of them. If I was a betting guy, I would put my money on the NBRA group, since they are hot and heavy in this Midwest area, and have already put on some other races in that general area of Southern Mo., Northwestern Arkansas, and Oklahoma.
                        Last edited by bill van steenwyk; 08-27-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I understand all to well about traveling across the country going to the Nationals in Depue and also going to Constatine the week prior. No matter what location the Nationals are some will travel what seems forever. The Nationals in Indio are a long trip even for the guys in northern Ca. I agree with Kyle on the Luce accident. Nobody ever wants an accident to happen and I am glad that all are ok. We too on our way to race in Depue years back had our fair share of issues getting there. Broken axle passing a big rig and watching your wheel passing you on Interstate 80 on single axle trailer is not a good feeling. There are alot of racers that travel a great distance year in and year out to Depue, and other Nationals where ever they may be and will continue to do so.

Racer Fan- I hope you have a speedy recover I know what your going through as I had the same in June not fun

Todd

Comment

Winter Nationals...............

Seems like the most logical place to have the event is either Rainbow City, Alabama or Pineville, Lousiana.

Both places are basically racing (PROVEN) facilities and don't get to much adverse weather in the spring.

For us in the east (Maryland) it is 26 hours to Pineville and 20 hours to Alabama.

I suspect Indio, Ca will draw very few east coast boats...........

Just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
                              Tell me this? How do you have a central nationals period? Does Nebraska or Iowa have water for nationals? How about hotels. Accomodations? Either way the west gets screwed in any type of "central" natonals.

Now I'm heartbroken about the Luce accident its a horrible thing and they are very lucky. But no one has ever voiced these concerns when my trailers every year drive to the Midwest and east. Seattle Outboard Assoc. Is the second largest outboard club In APBA. Having a west nationals or winternationals only every 2-3 years hurts our pocket book and puts our road travel at risk more than east coast teams. Every year I drive a minimum 40 hours to a nationals. Unless in the west. I don't complain that's just how it is. The only fair way is to keep the normal cycle or rotation that we are on.

Looking forward to Indio, CA winternationals. Should be a good race!

well said Kyle!!!!! Why don't more East Coaster racers make the drive out West? Hell, a couple years ago when gas for **** near $5/gal, most of us in Reg10 STILL made the drive to NY!!!!!!! Heck, to be actually fair, it should rotate back and forth EVERY year, but that will never happen. And regards to the Centralized Nationals, well that has already been discussed at length before and there is NO Central race site!!!!

PS: thanks to the great racers from the East Coast that made the trip to Oroville.........you guys ROCK!!!!!!!

PS: looking forward to going back to Indio!! Remember it is BELOW sea level, so will be fast water!!!!
                              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X