Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

????????????

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
    You think that was a shot at the SORC??? It wasn’t…I have sat in those chairs and you can only make your decisions based on what you are given at the national meetings. You have to hope the club presenting has done the homework. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate all the people involved who gave up all their time to put it on. Just saying when we pick courses for big races let’s just make sure it can support the race and not have everyone holding their breath every heat.

And what are you getting all defensive about, you were not even on the SORC when they approved this one. Go start packing for Lock Haven.
    No no no, i was agreeing with you. Wasn't busting on ya at all. My gallery crack was more about the 20ssh height tag team in Seattle!!

I am a firm believer as i would think you are that the premier summer event in our sport should be at only premier PROVEN locations. In my humble opinion BAKERSFIELD, Cali is the only PROVEN site i would consider on the West Coast. We have both been around long enough to know what sites are 'raceable' for a Nationals and which courses arn't. Many people stayed away from Oroville(including me) from the East coast for the good points you mentioned. Also, i do not favor Ocoee, Fl having another Winter Nationals. Racing in Florida in March is suicide. Rainbow City or Pineville, La are no-brainer locations if we can get club support!

And FYI half of Team America was at Oroville (against my better judgement mind you)! Ok, time for me to go pack for Lock Haven, Thanks for reminding me! I almost forgot.

Oh, i will be picking up that West Coast dude Kyle Lewis at the airport and bringing him to Lock Haven with us to show him some real East Coast river racing!! EAST COAST ROCKS!
    Matt
    Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 08-30-2010, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Keep the Nationals on the Weaker Coast or the Mid-Weak-West; we'll keep on going into your backyards and bring back the hardware to the West Coast!

Show them how its done Kyle, just like at the Winter Nats!
      http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Hinton

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
        Why don't you go start packing for Lock Haven?!! Drive right on past Oshkosh, come to a lucrative high profile river course, and win the "Dash"... Smokin Joe came and took the cash, and so did Brian, when is D3 gonna come give it a shot? Heck, it's half the drive of the Nats and you'll go home with a G-note... Someday right? Agreed on all previous posts by the way, there are some rumors of a multi club team of representatives headed to Hinton this fall, maybe something will come out of that. West Coast Winter Nat's, how many trailers will cross the Mississippi? Really? GL
        Greg, I spoke with a contact at Hinton several years ago. I would be glad to share feedback I recieved. Certainly time to return there, if they will have us.
        David Weaver

Comment

David, your contact info would be great, pm me or email @ Lyons18p@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance, Greg
          Future J dad!

Comment

Can you east coasters, midwesterners, quit crying for one freakin' day. Go cry on someone else's shoulder! Noooo one complains about going to your neck of the woods from out here! TAKE OFF the dress PACK up YOUR gear and come win a freakin championship against people you don't race against every other weekend!!!!!!!

Comment

Bravo!!

Originally posted by drew79c View Post
              Can you east coasters, midwesterners, quit crying for one freakin' day. Go cry on someone else's shoulder! Noooo one complains about going to your neck of the woods from out here! TAKE OFF the dress PACK up YOUR gear and come win a freakin championship against people you don't race against every other weekend!!!!!!!

Well put Drew!

-Alex and Charlie Innit2Winnit Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                No no no, i was agreeing with you. Wasn't busting on ya at all. My gallery crack was more about the 20ssh height tag team in Seattle!!

I am a firm believer as i would think you are that the premier summer event in our sport should be at only premier PROVEN locations. In my humble opinion BAKERSFIELD, Cali is the only PROVEN site i would consider on the West Coast. We have both been around long enough to know what sites are 'raceable' for a Nationals and which courses arn't. Many people stayed away from Oroville(including me) from the East coast for the good points you mentioned. Also, i do not favor Ocoee, Fl having another Winter Nationals. Racing in Florida in March is suicide. Rainbow City or Pineville, La are no-brainer locations if we can get club support!

And FYI half of Team America was at Oroville (against my better judgement mind you)! Ok, time for me to go pack for Lock Haven, Thanks for reminding me! I almost forgot.

Oh, i will be picking up that West Coast dude Kyle Lewis at the airport and bringing him to Lock Haven with us to show him some real East Coast river racing!! EAST COAST ROCKS!
                Matt
                ..........there are quite a few PROVEN race courses in Reg10, which sure as hell is on the WEST COAST!!!!!!!!!! If you THINK you are fast, come out out to Lake Lawrence!!!!!!!!! Am sure there are quite a few 20SSH/CSH drivers that will show you around the race course!

whats worse (or better)............the West Coasters kicking ass on the East Coast or doing it in their backyard??????

I would sure like to hear what your PROVEN race courses (for a National) are on the East Coast????????? Do tell.............and remember, I have been to Dayton, Ocoee, Grass Lake, Whitney Point........

from what I am told holding the WINTER NATIONALS in Pineville in March is not a good idea. Wasn't the date changed to accomodate better weather??? Guarantee it won't be cold in Indio in March!

PS: BTW, you don't hear me crying about the "challenging" race conditions at Oroville and I came away from the race with a torn ACL and cracked knee cap!!!!!!!! We all had to race in it.
                Last edited by mercguy; 08-30-2010, 10:20 PM.
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Proven!!!

Coming from someone who wasn't even here!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post

Matt

Matt...do you still have a room at Lock Haven? Big Don gave me a map to get there and mentioned something about racing 20ssH :-)

- Mike

Comment

Geez Captain! Looks like you've pissed off an entire region of our great country. Thanks to Scott Reed I've been on the beach for nearly 2 years and have plenty of energy to drive to Bakersfield for the Winternationals. Captain I have an extra rack if you care to join me.

P.S. Just kidding Scott, Pavlick encouraged me to take that shot.
                      Last edited by 14J; 08-31-2010, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Winter Nationals

Pick us up along the way!

Comment

I think the main reason the whole debate about a central nationals seems perpetual is that both sides have very valid points. I think it IS important that the sites that host them NEED to be true nationals caliber sites.
                          Daren G. if that lake is so perfect why have you not put a bid in?
                          BTW the year I went to pineville I came home with a sunburn it was plenty warm. plus got to watch the gators coming out of the swamp and into the lake
                          Last edited by Kev43V; 08-31-2010, 08:30 AM.

"The Coffee Guy"
                          TEAM CAFFEINE
                          Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                          " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Can't wait Mikey..............

Originally posted by pav225 View Post
                            Matt...do you still have a room at Lock Haven? Big Don gave me a map to get there and mentioned something about racing 20ssH :-)

- Mike
                            I would love to drive the 20ssh rig for you. Bring it to Lock Haven and Kyle and i will break it for you! I mean break it in for you!

I figure if i tick off Darren, Guido and the boys maybe we could get them to Lock Haven and up the boat count for Lisa and the club!! Just a thought!

Matt

Comment

Here is a Thought

Why not have a Nationals course match the majority of the local race sites ? Any more we only see a long course at Nationals. It certainly discourages a lot of Mod racers from attending, and I am sure some stocks as well. It becomes cubic dollars vs cubic inches. Guess who wins ? The man or woman with the most prop dollars.

I have always liked the idea of hosting a Nat's on a regular club sized race course. I think most of the tracks of today are considered short tracks.

I like to go faster now and again, stretch the legs a little, but would prefer to leave that to the Dayton long course record attempts, or kilos. That is just my opinion though, and thought I would toss that into the debate. I have no desire to debate on what region should get a Nat's.
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                                Why not have a Nationals course match the majority of the local race sites ? Any more we only see a long course at Nationals. It certainly discourages a lot of Mod racers from attending, and I am sure some stocks as well. It becomes cubic dollars vs cubic inches. Guess who wins ? The man or woman with the most prop dollars.

I have always liked the idea of hosting a Nat's on a regular club sized race course. I think most of the tracks of today are considered short tracks.

I like to go faster now and again, stretch the legs a little, but would prefer to leave that to the Dayton long course record attempts, or kilos. That is just my opinion though, and thought I would toss that into the debate. I have no desire to debate on what region should get a Nat's.

How about 12 laps of 1/4 mile?

"The Coffee Guy"
                                TEAM CAFFEINE
                                Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                                " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Working...
                                X