20H will run at Wakefield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20H will run at Wakefield

Merc 20H will be running in Wakefield MI at SO-MOD nationals July 30th - August 7th
    B.S.O.A will be running 2 classes of converted B stock mercury 20H hydro and runabout on Sat Aug 6th. I will post rules and official info later do to it not being ready yet. We are looking for donations of money and prizes to be awarded to Top place finishers for the 20H races.

We already have a 2 sets of gears donated by Frank Erion
    Two Merc mark 25 crankcases donated by Cooper Jess

Looking for other 20H parts to be donated for prizes ( gasket set, seals, power head bearings, ring set, coils, points, pistons)

I am looking for good used or N.O.S (reed blocks, crank, rods) to be donated for prizes. I will donate the machine shop time to remachine the case and reed block into 20H racing parts to be awared to top place Hydro and Runabout finishers

Badger State Racing Outboard Club is also looking for anything from T-shirts, tools, money, gasket sets, pistons, replacement parts, boat hardware, ect for prize donations for all other A.P.B.A Nationals Stock, J, or Mod classes. Your name and donation will be put into Nationals progam for whatever class you choose if recived before printing of program and will be mentioned at awards party for nationals.

P.M me for shipping address and donation details.

Darrel Ludwig
    B.S.O.A member
    53w
    Last edited by 53-W; 04-29-2011, 04:14 PM.

Mod
    Darrel,
    I have a suggestion: Include "Stock Classic" on your Race Director's Sanction application. It might result in more entrants because in Stock Classic there is NO National Championship, records, points, etc. AND that offers up the chance for "single event/one-day racing membership" racers. There are NO inspection criterion for Stock Classic so that reduces the need to weigh boats, inspect engines, etc. If a racer HAS a 2011 APBA racing license then he will still have the option of running both in the 250 hydro and runabout classes in the Mod National Championships as well as your Stock Classic race. Race director can easily add Stock Classic to sanction (there is no additional fee) and he may limit it to just the 20H class by the remarks section of the application. I'll be there with 61-S, 1965 Rinker.Merc 20H. Mike Marshall

Comment

It is going to be ran as a special event. I am not the organizer of the 2011 Wakefeild 20H race just helping out. The rules have been set at last club meeting.
      Do to the other stuff that is included with the 20H race I am not going to disclose any more until He is ready to release it. He has put a large amount of hard work into the 2011 20H race.

I have just posted this so people can start getting there old 20H poppers Ready to go!!!
      I will deleate this post when his complete detailed info is ready to be posted and replace it with the new one!!

It will be Cooler then the prev Thunder Bowls ran at other Nationals, Trust me if you have ever wanted to race a 20H in a thunder bowl Do not miss this one!!!!
      53w

Comment

Darrel,
        Check with APBA....I think you will find that by calling this race a
        "Special Event", you will incur a "Special sanction fee" and a requirement for additional oversight/approval/scrutiny, and additional insurance expense. I'm trying to help you put on the race the easiest and least expensive way. I've tried all of this before.....Use the Stock Classic" option on the sanction application. My 2 cents ! Mike

Comment

My partner and I are the ones donating 2 sets of our newly manufactured 20H 16:21 gears. Thus far we have sold 75 sets to drivers running both the 20H's and 25XS engines. We are doing this to help introduce racing enthusiasts to our new web site which is currently under construction. The web site, OldMercRacing.com, will be offering all the internal parts for the A,B,C and 25XS Quickie lower units. These parts are all newly manufactured and include both our 16:21 gears and 1:1 gears. The web page should be up and running by 6/1. If anyone needs Quickie internal parts before this date they can call me at 269-720-1337 Frank Erion

Comment

Originally posted by raceboat61-S View Post
            Darrel,
            Check with APBA....I think you will find that by calling this race a
            "Special Event", you will incur a "Special sanction fee" and a requirement for additional oversight/approval/scrutiny, and additional insurance expense. I'm trying to help you put on the race the easiest and least expensive way. I've tried all of this before.....Use the Stock Classic" option on the sanction application. My 2 cents ! Mike

Special Events do not add any cost to the Sanctions or Events, the only time it could possibly cost more for Insurance is if you had an OPC/Inboard etc type Special Event at a kneel down race.

Howie Nichols
            APBA Special Events Chairman
            444-B now 4-F
            Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Howie,
              Thanks for the clarification. Mike 61-S

Comment

you got it Mike!
                444-B now 4-F
                Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

I trust the runabouts will be roll-ups only.
                  Jason

Comment

Count on a group of crazy canadians in attendance for this. Please also note that the ontario powerboat racing series (TORC) is now a jaw dropping 9 B's strong, expect 7-9 consistently on our canadian side at every race this yr for hydro. Our first event at waterford we have 9 hydros confirmed (June 11-12), and 8 hydros at Gravenhurst (June 25-26).

See you on the inside of the first corner.

Jordan
                    Last edited by cottagecreep; 04-20-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]24941[/ATTACH]

Jake Shallcross the 20H event organizer just sent me this.

Edgar Rose is planning on being at wakefield for the race on Sat.

The welded steel prototype tower housing also will be on display.
                      Last edited by 53-W; 04-23-2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks to Frank and Cooper for part donations!!! Still looking for Mark 25 reed block and other things for prizes!!!

Cooper Jess does have one remachined racing mark 25 crankcase forsale if any one needs one to complete a 20H to race.

53W
                        Last edited by 53-W; 04-29-2011, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Tom Moulder donated 2 mark 25 crank cases These will be remachined and sold, the money will go towards 20H prize money for hydro and runabout.

The two remachined mark 25 racing crankcases are for sale $200 each or best offer.

These will be 20H race ready crankcases when done!!

Still looking for good Mark 25 reed blocks and a crankshaft

Darrel

1 920 229 9253
                          Last edited by 53-W; 05-18-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

burp, burp

The two mark25 racing cases are still for sale I will take 150.00 each the money all goes to 20H race PRIZE POOL!!!!
                            Last edited by 53-W; 06-07-2011, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Jake Shallcross just sent me this for the 20H race!!

Great news! We have two more distinguished guests joining Edgar
                              on Friday and Saturday – Charles Strang and his wife, Barbara.
                              Charles was just as influential as Edgar in the research and development of the MK20H. We hope you can all make it to see Edgar and Charles!
                              In honoring Edgar, lets take a look at some of Edgar’s history:
                              Birth: September 17, 1926 in Essen, Germany
                              High School: Ostrava, Czechoslovakia
                              College: B.A. in Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey
                              Masters Degree: M.I.T., Cambridge, Massachusetts

Occupation Progression:
                              Mercury Marine, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
                              Head of Research Department – 10 Years
                              Curtis – Wright Company, New Jersey
                              Aircraft Manufacturer – 4 Years
                              Outboard Marine Corporation, Waukegan, Illinois
                              Head of Engineering – 25 Years
                              Developed 45 S.S. Engine for O.P.C. Racing
                              A.P.B.A.
                              President – 2 Years
                              Senior Vice President – 2 Years
                              Directed Six Technical Committees
                              Honor Squadron – 35 Years
                              Started inspecting in 1950 and he is STILL actively involved
                              with A.P.B.A and inspecting at races.
                              TRULY AMAZING –
                              Additional contact information for Jake should you have any questions:
                              jakeshallcross@hotmail.com
                              __________________________________________________ ____________________
                              * Personal note from Jake:
                              At the beginning of organizing this event, I was working with Steve Warnock. Unexpectedly, we lost Steve to boat racing heaven. His sudden death has been a huge loss to his family (Darlene, Rachel, Mike), those who knew him and the boat racing community. He has truly been missed! He will be present in spirit at Wakefield!
                              Don’t miss Rachel racing in his honor!
                              __________________________________________________ ____________________
                              Let’s get the word out –
                              This is going to be the GREATEST MK20H
                              FAMILY REUNION (EVER)!!!
                              12 Boats – Thunder Heaven
                              Anyone who has even been involved with MK20H,
                              BE THERE!
                              We look forward to seeing you!
                              Thank you so much for your time, see you in the first turn!
                              20H Race Chairman – Jake Shallcross

Comment

Working...
                              X