• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who winned

Who where the drivers and who won?
    Kegs

Comment

Originally posted by pav225 View Post
      It happened...and it was pretty awesome!!

Great work by Jake and all to pull this event together!
      Thanks for the update???

Video? Starters? Finishers?

Us dinosaurs want to know.
      Jason

Comment

20h

Mike,

Who did what?

Also, congrats to you & Jared in just his 2nd year 2nd in JR & National Champ in JH. Also to you & your boats, Donnie winning CSH, Pater 1st & you 2nd in 20H.

Now you will have lots of calls for boats.

Comment

20H Hydro Champion was Mark Miskerik in one of Websters rigs.
          20H Runabout went to Chuck Zolkoske.

12 registered hydros, 7 registered runabouts
          DAVEY 18w

Comment

Thank you to all

The Mercury 20H race was a good time. I would like to thank everyone who came back on Saturday to allow this race to happen. This includes the workers on the judge’s stand, the inspection area and all that helped out by manning the patrol boats. Also, thanks to the CSH National Champ for pit crewing for me
            It was a privilege to run this race in honor of Edgar Rose and Charlie Strang and I was glad to be part of it.

Tom Kargus

Comment

I can retire now

I was finally able to race Tom Kargus in a "real" BSH. Great run in heat one Tom, so close and yet so far away!

Ditto on the thanks to all who helped put this on including my crew of John Hoffmann and Mike Pavlick. Big thanks to Jake for making it happen.
              Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

I can say to done it as well

As a kid who went to his first race in the early 70's and grew up with the sound of a pack 20Hs running to the first turn, I proud to say I finally got to drive one as well.

Many thanks to all involved in the organization of the event and everyone that supplied prizes and trophies.

Thanks to John and Ross Webster for giving me the opportunity to drive one heck of a 20H rig. I had a great time driving it and hope John enjoyed it as well!

Mark

Comment

Roland Deckert

Roland told me he was asked to drive a hydro for this really cool event. I could not stay to watch. Anyone take a photo of Roland? He had quite a sparkle in his eye at registration...

I hope this happens next year at Grass Lake... Great job Badger State...
                  Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

pictures?

Did anyone get any pictures of the races, pits or after inspection with Edgar and Charlie and the group of ex-20H racers? If so, I'd love to have a copy. Video would be great as well (even if just for the sound...)
                    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by hydroracer25 View Post
                      Did anyone get any pictures of the races, pits or after inspection with Edgar and Charlie and the group of ex-20H racers? If so, I'd love to have a copy. Video would be great as well (even if just for the sound...)
                      Mark
                      Sweet...The 20H "sound" is Boat Racing to me!!
                      Roger A 68M
                      Team Casual

Comment

Curious

Did they use Hedlund and Sid style Hydros? I ran a 20H from '70 to '76. Ran at Beloit, Cedar Rapids, Ogden, and Dayton Nationals. Curiuos to know if the guy that won is related to Harvey? Also would really like to see a video. I started raising my family after I got out of racing, my kids don't really believe what we could do with a 20H and 92 pound hydro.
                        Thanks
                        Don Johnson 60-X
                        Clinton, IA

Comment

related to Harvey

Don,

Harv Sr. is my Uncle. Harvey "Jr" is my cousin. My father Gary "Butch" Miskerik still goes to most races with me and now my son (Nik) who also races.

Most of the boats were "current" / modern style hydro designs, although there were a few older ones racing as well.

I'm still looking for any video or photos that were taken after the event with the winners, trophies, Edgar/Charlie and the crew. If anyone knows who has some please let me know. Thanks.

Mark

Comment

20H race

Don, I saw your dad at Clinton, Iowa when I was running tunnel boats about 15 years ago. I also saw Red Rausch there. Is he still alive? I'm a snowbird down in Florida now. Ron Hedlund stopped by a week ago and Jerry Hedlund will be down in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately the 20H races were not limited to non-pickle older boats so everyone ran a new design. I don't think anyone took a video. I am now supplying remanufactured parts for KG4s, 20Hs etc. Our web sight which is only now under constrution is called oldmercracing.com. I also buy old racing parts. Give me a call at 269-720-1337 if you need any parts or you have any for sale. Frank Erion

Comment

Mark & Frank

Mark, The Harvey I raced against ran A Hydro. In '72 at the stock nationals in Cedar Rapids he kept me pretty close to the starting dock. Inches between me and the dock, inches between me and Harvey. I think the judges got wet. That's racin'. I still want to build a old style hydro and find a 20H to put on it. This was the first time I had seen that someone still raced them. Please if you find a video, let me know. Thanks for replying Mark, I got out of racing when I found out we were going to have a baby, he is 34 now, he has 2 brother and a sister, and I have 5 grandchildren. I have to tell you, there is not a day goes by that I don't think about racing again.

Frank, Good to hear fron you. I think it was me that you talked to in Clinton, I still have your Illinois phone number you gave me that day. My quess is that you don't miss the weather here, I spent 45 min shoveling this morning before I came to work. I have seen Red, he is alive and well. I need to stop and see him. Still working as far as I know. What a great guy he is. He put me out in front alot. He was racing go karts with his grandson, not sure if he still is.
                              Don

Comment

Don Johnson: Remember these guys?

How about Ed Kitto from Graettinger, IA BR/DR
                                Jim Danbom, Okoboji BR
                                Bill Schroeder, Ruthven, IA BH/BR

I grew up on Lost Island Lake after these guys were out of racing, but knew Bill well cuz his dad was our neighbor (my surrogate grandpa!). I'm in Georgia on Lake Lanier now, but we are looking to move back to Iowa and I'll be in touch when we move. I have quite a bit of old racing stuff, including Ed & Jim's old Bezoats B shovel nose hydro.

Tom Brockmeyer

Comment

Working...
                                X