Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luce team wrecked in Kansas..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like...

That photo looks like the Cross Bronx Expressway.

Comment

• Greg , I was sure the rock would have a front row seat..

Comment

• Good guess..............

Originally posted by fhafer View Post
        That photo looks like the Cross Bronx Expressway.
        Actually the Long Island Expressway in rush hour(which is 24/7 in New York!)...........Gary and i have been on the run for the past 24 hours running to Long Island to bring the Luce Tundra back to George and return the 30 foot Penske Rental hauler to Richmond. We had to make stops at Troys house in Jersey to drop off Howie's equipment, we were expecting Troy to have brunch ready for us but he suddenly had to go out of town on some sort of business.NICE. Then onto drop Greg off at his vehicle at the airport in Philly.

We then hit Shimmy Shane's in Harve De Grace, MD to drop off a few damaged 'motah's" for repair. With lots of empty storage space now in the truck we hit a few YARD SALES and then it was off to drop off the Captain and Rock with Val!

Gary then proceeded to Richmond with Abby's boat to be transported to Nags Head tomorrow for a date with Jerry Davids and a few squirts of West and some filler!!

Sincerly
        The Rock
        ps................driving through Broadway and 42nd Street in NYC at 11 pm at night with Gary was a hoot. He loved the TV sets on the outside of the skyscrappers and the Ford Escape cabs!
        Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 08-19-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• In weeding through the carnage, Did anyone find two boxes with Howie/Joe Welch on them? Howie was sending them to me. One box had Mercury distributors and electronics and the other had 6-8 deadman throttles. Please let me or Howie know.

Thanks, Joe

Comment

• Originally posted by goodtry View Post
            In weeding through the carnage, Did anyone find two boxes with Howie/Joe Welch on them? Howie was sending them to me. One box had Mercury distributors and electronics and the other had 6-8 deadman throttles. Please let me or Howie know.

Thanks, Joe
            Yes, they are with Howie's stuff in N.J.

Comment

• Troy...

The idea of leaving the boat in the pool for you to find when you got home did come up, but when we got there your inlaws were there and we didn't think it would be polite. Also, the hole on the inside chine would've prevented her from floating, thus leaving you to fish it up from the bottom, would've been rather funny looking back on it now. I threw some dirt in your trailer, looked too clean. Go mow your yard, Greg
              Future J dad!

Comment

• Your Trip

Greg

Hope you are getting frequent flyer miles for your trip. Good job and done well.

Jim Tower

Comment

• Nope, no miles... But by helping out George Luce I secured myself shots of Patron for the next year or two!
                  Last edited by Gunjumper; 08-22-2010, 08:17 AM.
                  Future J dad!

Comment

• I know there has been a lot of expense resulting for the tragic accident but boy am I enjoying the running dialog that has evolved here. It was a lot of work for those involved but has been great entainment on this site. Thanks all and sincerely glad all are well and back home safely. You folks need to take this show on the road! Jack

Comment

• jack being on the road is what started this show, we don't need this to happen again the show was a one time thing........we all hope

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
                        The idea of leaving the boat in the pool for you to find when you got home did come up, but when we got there your inlaws were there and we didn't think it would be polite. Also, the hole on the inside chine would've prevented her from floating, thus leaving you to fish it up from the bottom, would've been rather funny looking back on it now. I threw some dirt in your trailer, looked too clean. Go mow your yard, Greg
                        I did notice the dirt as well as the corn stalks and hay in howies boat

Comment

• The pool and sinking of the boat may have sped up the repair process by getting all the corn and hay out!
                          444-B now 4-F
                          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

• Props..............

Originally posted by Howie Nichols View Post
                            The pool and sinking of the boat may have sped up the repair process by getting all the corn and hay out!
                            Howie
                            Hope you didn't mind but while inspecting your prop box for damage we copied your prop testing notes!! 72 mph in your CSH is sweet!!

SIncerly
                            Gary US Pond

Comment

• Sorry Matt, those were the AX notes.....
                              444-B now 4-F
                              Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
                                Nope, no miles... !
                                I get the miles.
                                !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Working...
                                X