Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J Marathon

Originally posted by wsmith0607 View Post
    Great to hear from the A's. We could do a timed marathon (20-25 minutes). That would allow for the smaller classes to also run. I don't know if we want to put the J's out there. We can talk about that. I don't see any reason we can't run mod stuff though, after all, it is for the crowd. Keep comin'.
    If you want to see a J marathon come to Lake Lawrence when they are running the 1 2/3 course. OK, it only SEEMS like a marathon, but I think it should still count.
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

J marathon

Well we could have the J's run around turn 1 and then use the start/finish line as turn 2. or if its shorter S/F line and turn 2 as the course.
      That would help with the lap times!
      Gene Schertz 26V
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll
      Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Originally posted by 26V View Post
        Well we could have the J's run around turn 1 and then use the start/finish line as turn 2. or if its shorter S/F line and turn 2 as the course.
        That would help with the lap times!
        I think we should do this at all of our races.
        Ryan Runne
        9-H
        Wacusee Speedboats
        ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

What about a tag team enduro? We did this in Wakefield back in 89 or 90 with the A’s. ‘A’ hydro ran first for “X” amount of laps, then came in and tagged the ‘A’ runabout teammate who ran for “X” amount of laps. I remember this vividly cause I was teamed up with the great Ed Hearn who managed to get us a great lead in the hydro only to watch me blow it in the runabout and get a 2nd overall. Sorry Ed…

We could do something similar and just re-tag a couple times. This would allow time to re-fuel while your teammate is running. It would also get the runabout drivers involved with the hydro drivers and vice versa.

Comment

Now were getting some where! go for a 3 or for man team in different classes.
            ASH first while the what is good, Get the ASR out after the tag - then on to the 15/20/25/csh then the runabout of equal sixe then throw the fast guys out!

Hmmm - I hop my baby is born a month early - I'm looking forward to this! Maybe a day trip to see this happen on the Saturday!
            Hmm- Can i enter in just this or is it special event? so i can run with a CBF card too?
            ----
            Graham18ce
            Team Canada ThunderCat
            Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
            Twitter @FralickRacing
            Instagram @FralickRacing

Comment

Josh, I think that's the best idea yet. Team marathons have a rich history at Stock Outboard nationals. In addition to the one you mentioned I know that they have been done at places like Hinton and Dayton in the past as well. I've always wanted to participate in something like that. Opening it up to hydros and runabouts would get more drivers out on the water and could make for some really interesting races during the overlaping periods.
              Ryan Runne
              9-H
              Wacusee Speedboats
              ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Hydro and runabout...

Love it! Sign me up for the multi-class marathon, A's, B's, C's, whatever, hydros and runabouts in the same race is a cool idea. AJ Jennings is my teammate, no matter what class we run... G. Lyons
                Future J dad!

Comment

We Did That

We had a hydro runabout race at Grass Lake in 1988, so many laps in a runabout-come into the pits tag your team mate and they finish the race, it was fun and it makes for an exciting event

Kerry

Comment

I think we don't want to put the J's out at all. As I said, this is for the crowd, and the J's don't have a lot of speed. Therefore, it wouldn't be a crowd interest. I don't want to leave them out, but, for this event, I think we must.
                    Wendy McCourtie Smith

Comment

Kerry,
                      The reason we aren't talking about runabouts is the Top-O is the weekend after and I don't want any of them to ruin anything in an expedition run over spectators.
                      Wendy McCourtie Smith

Comment

Originally posted by wsmith0607 View Post
                        I think we don't want to put the J's out at all. As I said, this is for the crowd, and the J's don't have a lot of speed. Therefore, it wouldn't be a crowd interest. I don't want to leave them out, but, for this event, I think we must.
                        I think that is reasonable, but J's by themselves are one of the most spectated classes. Some kind of separate "consolation" race where the National Champion is excluded or heavily handicapped would be interesting for all to watch.

How about having them line up in reverse order of their placing in the Championship finals? The kid who finished last lead them to the clock with the winner at the back?
                        Last edited by sam; 04-02-2009, 04:16 PM.

Comment

How many boats could participate with this tag team concept, unlimited? Can the pit area support that many boats in and out?

Comment

Here is what we were thinking?

Ok guys, a tag team event is kind of what we were thinking. CSH with a CSR teammate. CSH runs 4-5 laps comes in jumps out runs down the beach and tags the CSR driver who does 4-5 laps on a modified course? Lemans start, 12 teams maximum with some sort of significant prize, money, trophy or something. If we had enough interest maybe the same format for the A class, run separately.

My concern is that after a week of racing most people want to be packed up and heading for home. So the question is? If we finish by 2:00pm Saturday would you still race a special event class between 3-5pm?

Thanks,
                            Dean

Comment

How do you limit it to twelve teams? The Yamato class, all by it's self is big. Would you draw for partners? Obviously, you would need equal hydro and runabout participants to form teams. I don't know what the numbers were at last year's nationals, but say 50% of those hydro and runabout drivers were to participate in this event, how many do you have?

Comment

In a Marathon

In a marathon you are not limited to 12 teams or starters, the first start will be hectic with all starters entering the coarse at the same time, but once you start to cycle in to change from one driver or boat to another it spreads out, remeber the gut buster at the Hydroglobe, or any Marathon that had a flying start

Kerry

Comment

Working...
                                X