Roll Call Mod Winter Nationals-Jesup GA March 8-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Dunlap View Post
    Exactly is 850CCR ????????????????? It really took an idot to change our classes to this cc krap!!!!!!!!!!
    I assume it is a FER @ 50ish cubic inches.
    !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Bob,
      What is the event schedule?

We have rooms Thurs+ Fri.

Friday test only?....Hours?

Sat-Nationals?

Sun....?

"NEVER READY RACE'N"
      19P
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Exactly is 850CCR ????????????????? It really took an idot to change our classes to this cc krap!!!!!!!!!!
        I believe it was done in an effort to better market the sport to the general public. Ever try explaining what A, B, C & D means at a gas station to someone? They ask 3 questions, How fast do they go? What size is your engine? & How many horses?. Any one have a clue the hp of a 102 mod motor? I sure don't.

While ci used to be big in car engines but even that has changed to liters. And with the motorcycles and even watercraft identifing the engine size in cc's, it does make sence to change with the times. Of course, I am sure it will take years before the rest of us get the correct class names right. I still have caught myself saying JSH every once in awhile.
        Brian 10s

Comment

The other good gas station question , what are they? My favorite 2 am answer is, aerodynamic sleds. Just like competition flexible flyers.
          Ian Augustine

Comment

Anyone care to list what equipment they will have for sale at Jessup?

Any C-D MOD/CLASSIC , 125-250........... hydros?

19P
            100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

150 KPH class

That I recall, it was voted on ... a number of idiots involved. I guess we should have lobbied more against it instead of assuming it was so dumb it would fail on its own. Did you guys who voted for it forget that almost every part of the world that had metric forced on them hates it and still uses English units? And 'splain this guys ... why is it called 850cc when the largest motor allowed is 1015cc's?

People have no trouble with "Formula 1" "Winston Cup" etc ... they don't have to know the motor size to know what is going on ... really they want to know horsepower so they can conceptualize the speed. They never ask me the motor size, they do ask the horsepower; but in Mod we don't know the exact horsepower of any particular engine. Real marketing would have changed the names of the classes to the speeds they run ... which directly answers the gas station guy's question. Just kidding about the 150 KPH, really I would have called it 100 MPH class

Could someone please give us the list of the old Mod class names and their new metric equivalent?
              Last edited by sam; 02-01-2008, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Sam; I am very surprised at your anti-metric comments. I understand the question about stupid class requirements, ie. 850cc vs.
                1015cc. That's on the rule makers. I worked my entire life in a metric world and the system just plain makes sence.
                Last edited by PopPop; 02-01-2008, 07:04 AM.
                !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Originally posted by PopPop View Post
                  Sam; I am very surprised at your anti-metric comments. I understand the question about stupid class requirements, ie. 850cc vs.
                  1015cc. That's on the rule makers. I worked my entire life in a metric world and the system just plain makes sense.
                  My comments were not intended to be anti-metric as much as pointing out that in this case it is a poor choice in marketing. For science and engineering there is nothing superior. Marketing does not call for intermediate steps, rather it calls for the seller to GET TO THE POINT so the buyer can understand and remember. There is a long history of successful single step marketing: "Honest Abe" and "I Like Ike" come to mind along with "Superball" and "Frisbie" ... "high bounce trick jack playing ball" is just too long

Comment

That and go to a new car lot and find the first 350 engine. Or to a motorcycle shop and test ride a "B" cycle. Every manufacture has moved to liters and cc's a long time ago.

Since we can't/ do not know the HP of a engine or class and the names of some of the engines have little to do with any measurement (ex a 102 is neither 102 ci or 102 hp or 102 mph), what other way of description fits today's terminology?

And to compare "sprint cup" to a class like AMH is like comparing an aircraft carrier to a bathtub boat.
                    Brian 10s

Comment

250cc equipment for sale

Steve (19P), David Mitchell has some very good 250cc equipment for sale. He lives no far from Jessup if you were interested, he could probably send you some pics or arrange to let you see the equipment.

Comment

250CC/350CC Equipment For Sale

Steve,

I echo Marks comments on David Mitchels equipment. He has first class stuff capable of winning at anytime in any pro race. It is National Championship quality equipment. His 250CCH is a Rossi engine, twin cyl. The boat is a MJR dang near new.

If you were even considering getting into Pro, you would be foolish to not consider this equipment. Laydown hydro for your knees, smooth ride. I know this same equipment has won National Titles in both classes. David Mitchel used to race Mod stuff, the DMH, and EMH comes to mind. I have a video of him in I think DMH (40CI) in Soddy Daisy TN. I remember it because I was filiming dad out there and Mitchel got caught up in an accident and was run over. It looked bad, but he revcovered fine, and went on to win many titles.
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Brian10s View Post
                          what other way of description fits today's terminology?

I already suggested an answer to that question: The top speed of the class (or maybe the "wishful" speed of each class). Outsiders are always asking "How Fast?" It doesn't matter if we tell them the power or the size, they still ask "How Fast?"

If the intent was to answer a marketing issue, it should answer that issue, not beat around the bush
                          Last edited by sam; 02-01-2008, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                            Steve,

I echo Marks comments on David Mitchels equipment. He has first class stuff capable of winning at anytime in any pro race. It is National Championship quality equipment. His 250CCH is a Rossi engine, twin cyl. The boat is a MJR dang near new.

If you were even considering getting into Pro, you would be foolish to not consider this equipment. Laydown hydro for your knees, smooth ride. I know this same equipment has won National Titles in both classes. David Mitchel used to race Mod stuff, the DMH, and EMH comes to mind. I have a video of him in I think DMH (40CI) in Soddy Daisy TN. I remember it because I was filiming dad out there and Mitchel got caught up in an accident and was run over. It looked bad, but he revcovered fine, and went on to win many titles.
                            Dave, Thing is....I'm look'n for a "rig" for my C-MOD Merc/Wizard....not a complete ....PRO..... package.
                            Kind'a hard to get someone to split a packge for the rig only........

19P
                            Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 02-01-2008, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Split

David will seperate his pro rigs for sale and sell you just the engine or just the boat, whatever you want to purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                                I already suggested an answer to that question: The top speed of the class (or maybe the "wishful" speed of each class). Outsiders are always asking "How Fast?" It doesn't matter if we tell them the power or the size, they still ask "How Fast?"

If the intent was to answer a marketing issue, it should answer that issue, not beat around the bush
                                I agree with Sam on the change, I don't like it either. I think you have lost a lot of tradition with the change. As far as I know outboard motors in this country have always been rated by horse power. I bet you could go into any outboard dealer in the country and say I want a 750 cc motor and they wouldn't start to know what size you wanted. I think a spectator would know more about hp than cc, I know I would.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!
                                Larry Mac

Comment

Working...
                                X