Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• csh-2z
    replied
    Bill, When they say roll up they're actually just talking about the fin has to be located on the bottom of the boat rather than just below the sheer line. Back in the day, there were certainly flat turning runabouts but the fin was on the bottom. However, the point you make is why there is discussion of the issue. comes a time when everything eventually changes.

Leave a comment:

• modracer7b
    replied
    As an observation to the BSR class and the handful of drivers that want to force this to be a roll up class. Did it ever occur to this handful of drivers that maybe most drivers do not want to compete in a rollup only class. I raced A and B runabout back in the decade of the 60's against all the old time great roll up drivers and won a few titles while doing it and frankly feel there is nothing better to drive than a flat turner. Maybe this could be one of the reasons for the classes failure to grow. Me personally, would not even consider a roll up only class. If you want to roll up, then by all means do it, but don't try to force it on people and then wonder why they won't run the class.

Bill Rosado

Leave a comment:

• deeougee
    commented on 's reply
    What speed are you shooting for? I can tell you someone has hit 69.7 mph in testing (probably cracked 70 by now) with a SW 20 at 1/2" 400lbs. Sounds like parity to me. Bring It On!

• deeougee
    commented on 's reply
    Why SW to 380 Ryan? I agree with the 1/2 inch would like to see 400 across the board for SW and Yamato. TORC allowed the Y80 this past year in BSH (they run the class at 1/2 inch, 400 unrestricted). One guy participated in B with a Y80 said he could out corner them and the SW had more chute speed. Said the SW was easier to race against as compared to the 20 racers.
    Last edited by deeougee; 11-28-2017, 10:21 PM.

• deeougee
    commented on 's reply
    I wonder what people would do if OSY 400 was on the program? I can almost guess. TORC ran both C and OSY 400 and this year there was a huge drop off in 20 SSH entries, only 4-5 boats max at each race while OSY numbers went way up. Tells me most people don't want to restrict/retune their ride for 20.
    Last edited by deeougee; 11-28-2017, 10:23 PM.

• Karl Dyle
    replied
    Dilly Dilly

Leave a comment:

• ryan_4z
    commented on 's reply
    I will drink the beer. We can take data on that too.

Spotted Cow is preferable.

• Tim Weber
    replied
    Uncle.......Ryan!

I’’ll supply the beer.

Tim

Leave a comment:

• ryan_4z
    replied
    Hey Mike, What about this..

We do a joint test session in effort to achieve parity in 20ss. I have long believed parity is one motor, but the 20 class by far gives us the best shot at really great racing from different manufacturers. We are almost there already. The top BSH rig can run with but not consistently beat the very top Yamato rigs. That is our only real sampling. I have had moderate success within my region but struggled against top competition. Kyle Bahl has had similar results. Hardly anybody else has even given 20ss a go with the Sidewinder. Two reasons for this: Weight, and, the Sidewinder has a class of it's own. (Which it cannot sustain.)

I am saying, since it is not sustainable for the B class to grow on the Sidewinder, and since the Yamato 321 will struggle to keep afloat, nevertheless grow, the 4-5 Yamato classes, and since we should not greatly alter the universally successful 20ss class (not being sarcastic here, really agree with you on this now), and since we should eliminate classes, especially those that are small in number, then we can make big change here and just tweak 20ss a little bit and not even ever talk about it going away ever again.

So, if you want to get together, you bring your best 20ss Yamato game, I will bring my B hydro, props and parts and variables and all, and we will see what the Sidewinder has for the Yamato. And we can propose a joint agreement on how to get parity in 20ss. This move would project growth for the class to near 150 boats by next year. Good racing between different powerplants makes for an interesting dynamic. Over the last 10 years the only two classes in Stock Outboard to maintain consistent numbers are 20ssH and 25ssR. Maybe there is a recipe here that is working. Maybe get rid of all the outlier classes and consolidate everyone to where they are already racing. This is a workable dynamic, only more effort must be given to parity. I imagine that yearly tweakings are not abnormal in motorsports. We just need a firm and consistent model and structure to ease the minds and hearts of the peeps.

Leave a comment:

• ryan_4z
    commented on 's reply
    Well, Mike,

I would rather race one class four times a day versus two classes two times a day. Gives me a better chance at success through consistency and eliminates variable factors.

• pav225
    commented on 's reply
    Ryan,
    I don't understand that arguement.

20ssH and CSH are different classes and different rides.

I don't know how eliminating restricted motors in 20ssH helps improve the class, grows the sport, or helps out local clubs.

• ryan_4z
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe this starts with the BOD not fast-lining all the latest rule changes through before the season. Or change the stupid date of the national meeting.

• ryan_4z
    commented on 's reply
    Or they could race the same number of heats and not buy a restrictor or have to change it. Not sure why this isn't appealing...........

• ryan_4z
    commented on 's reply
    I love this question. I have talked to a number of bigger, veteran drivers who would consider B if the weights were raised. Have not heard much from this side of the spectrum.
    Last edited by ryan_4z; 11-28-2017, 06:18 PM.

• pav225
    replied
    Has anyone asked ASR drivers what it would take to get them to race BSR?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X