Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neosho, Wis / Aug 24+25, 2013

Neosho, Wis
    brought to you by Badger State Outboard Assn.

Aug 24+25, 2013

More info to follow....
    View the racesite here: http://goo.gl/maps/GBMy5

Last edited by Kip69w; 05-28-2013, 08:52 AM.

Details!

Hey Sports Fans!

Here's everything you should need to know about Neosho!

After a 30 year hiatus, we have been welcomed back as a fundraiser for the local Fire Department.

The Fire Department will be doing concessions for us all weekend.

There are 2 sponsoring establishments in town: Maggie Ann's and On the Rocks that have dinners, Friday fish frys, and Maggie Ann's will be hosting a Racer Breakfast both Saturday and Sunday morning. (It's within walking distance of the pits).

There is camping on-site, but if you plan to get a hotel, make your reservation with the Super 8 in Hartford, and let them know you're with the boat races to get $10 off each night. Phone: 262-673-7431

THERE WILL BE A POT LUCK SATURDAY NIGHT in the pits!! The Fire Department will be grilling up some goodies, but everyone is encouraged to bring a side dish or a dessert. We will be taking up a collection at Registration to pay for the main course. If you have any questions please call Rachel: 262-337-2363

Hope to see you all there!!
    64W & 22B

Comment

Kip, any other cool things you can tell us about this race? Or are you keeping us in suspense?
      "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

I hate seeing race dates that conflict with each other. Dayton is the same weekend. Its a record coarse which we dont see very often at race sites. We need to work together so we all make a buck rather than lose a buck.
        mike ross

Comment

Mike,

We have to encourage as much local boat racing as possible, even if turnouts suffer. The more local racing you have, the easier the sell is to prospective racers. It is our only path to sustainability.
          John Runne
          2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by csh2z View Post
            Mike,

We have to encourage as much local boat racing as possible, even if turnouts suffer. The more local racing you have, the easier the sell is to prospective racers. It is our only path to sustainability.
            For perhaps the first time in history, i agree with you. Local grass roots style is the path to growth. It seems to be working pretty darn good the last few years.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I think we agreed once before on something, but I can't remember what!
              John Runne
              2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by csh2z View Post
                I think we agreed once before on something, but I can't remember what!
                Getting old sucks
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

More details

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
                  Kip, any other cool things you can tell us about this race? Or are you keeping us in suspense?

The race course will have tight corners and a slight dog leg going into the 2nd turn. This town gets a fair amount of spectators for their snowmobile races and so we are hoping for a nice turnout here too. The town is certainly excited to have us!

RVs and vehicles belonging to the racers will be parked in the nearby school parking lot, and there are public restrooms on site.

The Fire Department will be grilling brats and burgers (I think) and selling beer as well. For the Saturday night pot luck I believe we are looking at grilled chicken and corn on the cob- plus whatever is brought.

The park is on a hill- somewhat like Rock Falls- with the pits at the bottom. There is a pavilion on the top where we will have our pot luck, driver's meeting, and registration. Small trailers will fill up the space at the bottom of the hill, larger trailers will likely have to go at the top of the hill.

I think those are all the details we really have at the moment.
                  64W & 22B

Comment

We raced there three times a year many years in the past. Loved racing there!
                    Norm

Comment

Neosho 1970

1969 or 1970 Neosho

A Stock Runabout

Cooper
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cooper... I sent you a PM..

Comment

New email

Originally posted by runabout333 View Post
                          Cooper... I sent you a PM..
                          Try Emailing me at parkviewstorage@charter.net

Cooper

Comment

bu start neosho spring of 1959
                            Attached Files
                            Jon Walters

Comment

Neosho Alumni

Talked to Dee Berghauer last night about the Neosho race and how great it would be to see many of our racing buddies of years past that weekend. Problem is many don't follow this web site and may not know about it. We came up with a short list of people we haven't seen in sometime: Becherini, Berken, Cartwright, Czaplewski, Hedlund, Helm, Hrovatin, Jenkins, Julien, Keepman, Klotz, LaBanco, Lovelace, Mersberger, Pergande, Puestow, Rama, Roloff, Schaub, Stippich, Talbot, Weinandt, Walters, Wilson, and lots more.

If any of you would contact these and others or send the info to me; we'll try to get as many there as we can. My home phone is 262-784-2224 or email to www.chiptrampe44@gmail.com

See you there,
                              Chip & Dee

Comment

Working...
                              X