July 13-14 Wet 'N' Wild Regatta at Grass Lake, MI - RACE DETAILS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 13-14 Wet 'N' Wild Regatta at Grass Lake, MI - RACE DETAILS

The circular is out at: https://www.apba.org/internal/print_...p?EditID=12240.

3 in 2 racing in select Stock/J Classes - to include: JH, JR, ASH, ASR, 20SSH, CSH, CSR & 302SSH.

JH & JR North American Championships to be run on Saturday.

"Regular" Marathon on Saturday, Central Marathon Divisionals to be run on Sunday.

MHRA Racer School #2 to be held from 1-4 PM on Friday, July 12 (Registration for Racer School begins at 12:30 PM at the boat ramp).

JH -
    JR -
    AXH - 1
    AXR -
    ASH -
    ASR - 3
    BSH -
    BSR - 2
    302SSH - 2
    20SSH - 2
    CSH -
    CSR - 5
    25SSH -
    25SSR - 5
    DSH -
    DSR - 2
    ASR Marathon - 1
    BSR Marathon - 1
    CSR Marathon - 2
    25SSR Marathon - 2
    DSR Marathon - 2

Projected Racer School Attendees - 9.
    Last edited by Hutch06; 06-28-2013, 09:09 AM. Reason: Marathon details
    Elek Hutchinson
    36M

Marathon

I see the Central Divisional for Sunday, will there be a marathon Saturday as well?

Comment

Marathon

Gootz,
      There will be a marathon both days - 20 minutes. Stock Classics are invited to participate in the Marathon as well - (FYI -the plans are for the September Grass Lake to have an exhibition fly-by for Stock Classics, as long as there is still interest).

Elek
      Elek Hutchinson
      36M

Comment

1-DSR
        1-CSR
        1-DSR Marathon

Comment

deck racing

1 AXH
          2 302
          Maybe 1 CSH
          Maybe 1 JH on Sunday (non divisional race)
          1 BSR classic for marathon

Thinks that's enough to keep us busy!
          When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

1-CSR
            1-CSR Marathon

Comment

Could someone fill me on the classics requirements? (I.e what boat motor configurations are allowed/required?)
              20ssh
              Classic bsr if they are added to the sanction. If it isnt added, we most likley wont go..
              Last edited by Apachemax; 06-29-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

As of today it looks like Team Casual will be bringing the following;

2-3 CSR's
                3 25SSR's
                1 CSR marathon
                2 25SSR marathon
                1 ASR

Sam,

Comment

Originally posted by Apachemax View Post
                  Could someone fill me on the classics requirements? (I.e what boat motor configurations are allowed/required?)
                  BSR
                  20SSH
                  classic BSR marathon possability.
                  I think the only classic requirements are that the boat and motor have to be at least 25 years old and then meet the modern safety requirements like kevlar cut suit, snell approved helmet, and kill switch (pass a safety inspection).

Comment

Classics

From my understanding, Hal has hit the nail on the head for Classic requirements.

Team Casual - there will be an ASH hull available for your ASR driver if you have a motor to hang on the back.
                    Elek Hutchinson
                    36M

Comment

Correction: Stock Classic has no hull age requirements. Only the engine must be out of production for more than 25 years and be a previously approved Stock engine. To my knowledge, this opens up to opportunity for the Merc 25SS and the 25XS, as well as the OMC "A" motor this year? Also, many of the Rotary valve Hot Rods have been out of factory production for more than 25 years.
                      Some of you 4-cylinder guys will have to chime in on the 44XS. I'm not sure about that engine. Mike Raceboat 61-S

Comment

Originally posted by raceboat61-S View Post
                        Correction: Stock Classic has no hull age requirements. Only the engine must be out of production for more than 25 years and be a previously approved Stock engine. To my knowledge, this opens up to opportunity for the Merc 25SS and the 25XS, as well as the OMC "A" motor this year? Also, many of the Rotary valve Hot Rods have been out of factory production for more than 25 years.
                        Some of you 4-cylinder guys will have to chime in on the 44XS. I'm not sure about that engine. Mike Raceboat 61-S
                        So what you're saying is i can simply top off my BSR rig as is and run the marathon? Well thats simple!

Comment

1-DSR
                          1-DSR Marathon

Comment

Apple Creek

If you are planning on staying at this long time supporter of MHRA, please call ASAP to reserve your spot. They are filling up fast!
                            As a bonus for those staying, Deck Racing will have the espresso machine in working condition for a pre-drive-to-the pits- espresso!
                            -226M
                            When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

1-asr, 1-bsr, 1-25ssr

Comment

Working...
                              X