Wild One's Regatta September 8-9 and Racer School Sept 7 - Grass Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dangerous dan View Post
    A great big thanks to MHRA for putting on the racer's school on 9/7/2012 the heart of our sport is beating loud and clear. The unselfish out pouring of help and guidence by Mr Miskerik Mr Sutherland Mr Hutchinson Mr Kerr and all who came to help. My wife and step-son had the time of their lives and have a memory that will last a life time.

For the folks that could'nt make it I want you to know that when my step-son went out for the first heat of JSH the boat would'nt get on plane he stalled in the shoot, he was towed in, and in came this group of vetrens Tom and Dean Sutherland Mark tate, Mark Miskerik what a pit crew as good as it gets. they ajusted the boat gave instruction and off he went. When he was taking off half the pits were leaning as to get him on plane when he did everyone cheered what a sight.

Also Big thanks to Deck Racing Mike and the gang for suppling the JSH rig, and hope that your hand gts better fast but I hear your ran better because of it. again the heart of racing SO came shinning through.

congrats to all MHRA for putting on a great race you guys ROCK, all the folks that handle registration, drivers mtg good job and thanks. Tracey many thanks for all your help with racers school and the race.

One last thing this old boat racer is very greatful to get back on the water its home to me I am honored to be back.

Thanks and Best Regards
    Dan and Linda Vinsant and the Wild Child JUSTIN
    Dan/Justin/Linda,

Your post (and Jeff's) are very much appreciated. It's enthusiasm from potential new racers like you, Justin and Jeff (and all the other participants) that makes running the Racer School worth it all. We know what a great sport/hobby it is and how it can create a great bond and family atmosphere for all the get involved.

We are glad you made it out and had a great experience. For any other club's out there listening and to echo Elek's comments...Racer Schools work. For MHRA we've put close 90 people through out school (a few repeats as well) and have got close to 20 new members from the program in just 5 short years.

5 years ago we started with a couple club members rigs with an idea and now we have people offering to donate GOOD equipment for use in the school and for sales to new members after school. It works! ...and if every club just started running 1 per year you'd see the results. We had to put on a 3rd this year due to demand and had close to 25 different people go through the schools. Many of them raced the next day after completing the school and are now hooked.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Thanks.

Mark

Comment

Working...
    X