Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Novice C World Championship this weekend!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice C World Championship this weekend!!

For the second straight year the Smilin George Memorial Regatta will be the site of the Novice C world championships. If I can talk my race committee into it, and assuming we will have elims, I would like to use Mike Johnson's idea of running a B main type format. For those that haven't been to a sprint car race in a while here's the idea; First elim top 4 boats to the final, second elim top 4 to the final. Everyone not in the final at that point runs in a B main heat where the top 2 (or whatever number, 10 novices on that course at a time seems like plenty, but we COULD take 4 more) drivers qualify for the final. That gives everyone 2 heats and 2 chances to make the final.

If you haven't seen or can't remember the trophy, let me asure you that Mike Johnson came up with a beauty, with a nice adult beverage as a topper. See y'all in turn 1 for the final race of my brief and checkered racing career, Tony
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

I like the sprint car format Tony.. I think it should be used more when a class has enough boats
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Good Idea

I like it.

Comment

Hey Dave, don't you qualify for Novice C?!

I'll be adding one Novice C from our camp, good ol brother-in-law, should be exciting to watch!
        http://vitalire.com/

Comment

That sounds like a great idea Tony. I'll see you in the first turn ! D Steel.

Comment

World what

Sorry I can not see how any race can be called a World Championship if there are no drivers from another country I am not trying to put down this race, it goes for OPC to how can they call a sst 45, sst 60 or sst 120 or 200 a world champingship. I know a driver that says he has a world rec. set in NOA. I think I will have a race in my back yard (they had PRO races there in the 60's) and call it the SC Championship at lease I would be telling the truth.

Comment

Galactic Championship!
              http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Aussie Steve checking in to make it a World Championship

CMH. 61R
                Short Fuze Racing
                Team Darneille
                ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
                IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

You got the wrong address pal

Comment

Mod

Who knows that MOD had a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP when was it and where.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Pigott View Post
                      Sorry I can not see how any race can be called a World Championship if there are no drivers from another country I am not trying to put down this race, it goes for OPC to how can they call a sst 45, sst 60 or sst 120 or 200 a world champingship. I know a driver that says he has a world rec. set in NOA. I think I will have a race in my back yard (they had PRO races there in the 60's) and call it the SC Championship at lease I would be telling the truth.
                      it is a local race, non-APBA points race, so can be called whatever they want to......kinda like the Push-Boat Nationals at Lake Lawrence.......all in good fun...
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

That's fine just don't follow the OPC deal calling every thing a world champ race it's a joke they don't call the Daytona 500 a world championship

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Pigott View Post
                          That's fine just don't follow the OPC deal calling every thing a world champ race it's a joke they don't call the Daytona 500 a world championship
                          Like Daren said is a local class with no APBA points. It's SOA's 'beginner class' with mainly new drivers and drivers that need more water experience. The winner gets a bottle of crown royal....

It's called a WC for the heck of it and it's not ment to put down other drivers or other regions from around the country. It's all in fun man, and that's what boat racing should be.
                          Kyle Bahl
                          20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Novice C

The neatest class ever. We are looking at ways to expand class into APBA 302SSH class. More to come.

Comment

What about....

Aren't you guys forgetting the Pride of the Great White North, Dick Steel? He's from Canada and he's here to help!

Between him, Aussie Steve & the rest of us, that covers 3 countries. Sounds international to me.

R-19
                              www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Working...
                              X