Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some positive news, Novice C World High Point champ is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a nut shell

Let me see if this boils it down to the basics:

302SS: Spec class with a sealed motor with no blueprinting, etc. Spec Props. Open to drivers of any level driving experience. An APBA National class in 2012.

Novice C: A LOCAL Class, run at this point exclusively in R10. Open ONLY to drivers who have never won a CSH race in R10. A C "Stock" motor 102 or 302 is allowed with whatever blueprinting the APBA C Stock classes allows. Once a driver wins 3 races in Novice C, they must move on to CSH, OSY, 500MH etc.

In 2012: Each driver brought a prop and submitted it for a blind draw for Heat 1. in Heat 2, they had to run the prop they brought for the blind draw. In 2013, plan is to run "indentical spec" props furnished by Vic Brinkman, if enough sponsorship money can be raised to purchase the props.

Finally....ANY Region can run Novice C as a "local" class if there is enough interest.

Anyway, I think that's it. I'm sure if I got something wrong or missed something important someone will correct me.

R-19
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

congrats sully..

at every race i attended this year "novice c" was the one everyone stopped what they were doing and watched. nice job tony. you've been the guy to make this a winner. having a set of props like the "j" props would sure be cool but what you guys have going on works.
      Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Novice C/302ssh

You pretty much nailed it Pat. Clubs across the country can do as they wish with local classes....the novice C thing was set up by Tony and I for drivers to have fun and race and not really worry about national points etc. The 302SSH thing will be a full blown APBA class...and I am working behind the scenes to get some sponsorship money for it next year. The buzz in Michigan from what I hear is fantastic, with drivers very excited about running class. Dave

Comment

No ouch needed

I had no one in mind when I mentioned HOC, just laying the groundwork for my guys to get HOC points in the future One of the tremendous side benefits IS the additional entry fees. With the increases we have seen in the cost to put on a race (I am also a race director) every entry fee helps.

BTW I know Mike had a blast running with you guys and I appreciate the way you guys took him in. He is slowly climbing that totem pole, so hopefully more weekends off in the future.

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
          Sounds like a great program. To bad you had to take a cheap shot at a HOC inductee(s).......

Any program that attracts new drivers at a LOW FINANCIAL outlay is a winning deal. Novice Classes, Local Classes, Driving Schools are what will sustain our sport. That along with somehow cutting costs to putting on local club races!!

APBA are you listening...........

Hope to see Mike P. at some more Region 4 races!!!

Matt
          Moby Grape Racing
          "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

The rules are simple

Originally posted by PittmanRacing View Post
            Ok, so help those who don't know the specs on Novice C what it is and how it differs from 302SS. Lets find a great solution that could work nationwide.
            I would engourage everyone in the country to give it a shot at a local race. The part not specified here is that once you have won Novice C 3 times you must sit out the next 3 Novice C races (we didn't want someone to dominate the class, that is against the spirit of the thing). Since we ran a double point divisional and a triple point world championship race, it had the very humorous consequence of having some of the novice C hotshots sitting out races so they didn't loose their eligibility to run in the big points races From the Eatonville circular:

Local Class: Novice C Hydro. Points to be totaled from other Novice C races for local championship. RULES: Boats to meet all specifications of APBA C Stock Hydroplane class. Normal 3 lap 2 heat format. Eligibility: Class is open to any drivers who have not scored a win in a region 10 race in the past year, based on the honor system. Propellers: All drivers registering for the class will bring a propeller to drivers meeting. Participants assume risk of damage to propellers. Propellers will be then drawn at random. Winner and last place finisher from the first heat will swap propellers before the second heat.
            Moby Grape Racing
            "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for the good time and help, especially Mike Johnson for loaning us some props when we we're prop poor for novice c, and thank you Tony for giving me a chance to drive the runabout, first time without training wheels, lol, I do want to thank Ron, David, Brad, and dad and my friend Mark getting us out to race. One of these days I'll win a race or two. :-)
              No 302 ssh, wanna race slow? put a kicker motor on it,

Comment

Novice c

No 302 ssh, wanna race slow? put a kicker motor on it,
                Reply With Quote Charles....crap like that does not make me want to help you guys much next year. Dave

Comment

Let's take it easy fellas

I know when I first became involved I made some regrettable posts when I thought I had more of the story that I actually had, and I know I made some old timers angry. It's all a learning and growing process.

Chuck and all, Dave and I have already talked about ways that Novice C and 302SS are different and how they are the same, and will continue to see if there is a middle ground available or if they should remain seperate. I suspect there are a lot of opinions out there running both ways, and if you feel passionately enough about it go ahead and start a new thread and we can have this discussion in public.

For now, this is a thread about POSITIVE news in the Novice C class, let's keep it that way.
                  Moby Grape Racing
                  "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

I'm sorry about what I said, please forgive me of my comments, just wanted to go out and have fun with what we have to race with.

Comment

Working...
                    X