Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some positive news, Novice C World High Point champ is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some positive news, Novice C World High Point champ is...

David Sullivan's work over the winter payed off in a Novice C high point title, edging out Ron Magnuson and Ken McMurphy. Congratulations Flipper, well deserved.

Now for the REALLY good news. We set a record for most McMurphy's in a single class, not sure what the previous record was, but 5 should probably SHATTER the old record! It was a blast having every one of them there this year.

Ryan Magnuson set an average points per race total that will be hard for anyone to top, how about 537.5 points/race average!

We had 17 racer participate in the Novice C class this year! There's guys going into the HOC winning classes with way less participants than that, give yourselves a hand Novice C drivers!

The Novice C class is looking for a sponsor next year, and what a bargain it will be for whoever steps up. Roughly $1000 dollars should do it, that will buy 8 spec props, enough for our average number of racers per event. If you are interested contact myself or Ron Magnuson.

Here are the final season totals:

Sullivan Dave 2762
    Magnuson Ron 2525
    McMurphy Ken 2431
    Wesanko Glen 2073
    Salmon David 1977
    Harmon Mike 1885
    McMurphy Charles 1622
    Policar Aaron 1115
    Magnuson Ryan 1075
    McMurphy Brad 495
    Rucker Ashley 450
    Burkhart Shane 388
    Wheeler Jake 185
    Reins Bruce 127
    McMurphy Leland 127
    Pappas Nicos 71
    McMurphy David 53

Thanks for a wonderful year everyone, and thanks for coming out and racing.
    Moby Grape Racing
    "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Way to go Sully! This can go next to the hell diver award you will be recieving in a few months

But seriously, nice job!

Pretty cool that we had 17! how many guys on the east coast would even recognize a name on this list? maybe tops 3. All the rest are new guys within the last few years. Fantastic! I love our club/region!
    Last edited by Racerkyle20; 10-02-2012, 09:45 PM.
    Kyle Bahl
    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

ROTFL ........Flipper )

Congrats drivers and organizers great class very exciting to watch .

Flipper haha beautiful .

CMH. 61R
      Short Fuze Racing
      Team Darneille
      ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD CMH PROPS FOR SALE
      IF YOU HAVE ONE LET ME KNOW

Comment

Awesome work with this class and congrats to Dave!

Comment

Sweet

Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, nice job guys! Great story, great class!

Will your novice C class move to "sealed 302SSH"?

Thanks,
          12M

Comment

Originally posted by CSH12M View Post
            Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, nice job guys! Great story, great class!

Will your novice C class move to "sealed 302SSH"?

Thanks,
            12M
            HELL NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why mess with something that works !!!!!!

all this class needs is a spec prop thats all .

C.C.

Comment

Great Post

Great News!!!...and Great Post!!! Keep up the great work!

Nice to see you guys at Yelm...although we got a little nervous when Mike got "suited up" before the race :-D. Bummer he had to fly off to work and couldn't race.

Hope to be back next year,

Mike

Comment

Ouch.........

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
                !
                We had 17 racer participate in the Novice C class this year! There's guys going into the HOC winning classes with way less participants than that, give yourselves a hand Novice C drivers!
                Thanks for a wonderful year everyone,
                Sounds like a great program. To bad you had to take a cheap shot at a HOC inductee(s).......

Any program that attracts new drivers at a LOW FINANCIAL outlay is a winning deal. Novice Classes, Local Classes, Driving Schools are what will sustain our sport. That along with somehow cutting costs to putting on local club races!!

APBA are you listening...........

Hope to see Mike P. at some more Region 4 races!!!

Matt

Comment

Novice c

First time in history I bet that a driver gets a hell diver trophy AND a high point trophy at the same banquet...I am GREEN with envy.......

Comment

Racer Age perspective for the McMurphy clan

(Quote) Now for the REALLY good news. We set a record for most McMurphy's in a single class, not sure what the previous record was, but 5 should probably SHATTER the old record! It was a blast having every one of them there this year.

Well probably not necessarily the type of record most racers would set out to achieve but at least it wasn't the hell diver award although there was a time there when it could have been close for that as well.

By age if graded on how you like your steak cooked:
                    1 Racer - Well Done
                    2 Racers - Medium Well Done
                    2 Racers - Rare
                    1 Potential future racer - Still on the hoof (relegated to a push boat for several more years)

Oh, by the way, "Well Done" racer a little miffed (not really) that he had to have the white X on his helmet, even though it had been like 30 friggin years since he last raced You should have seen the helmet and life jacked he showed up with

All in all, its been a fun year for us and thanks to all who have helped get this odd bunch on the water. Definitely looking forward to next year.
                    Cheers Everyone.

Comment

intro to mathematics 101

Oh, by the way, "Well Done" racer a little miffed (not really) that he had to have the white X on his helmet, even though it had been like 30 friggin years since he last raced

Comment

intro to mathematics 101 take 2

Oh, by the way, "Well Done" racer a little miffed (not really) that he had to have the white X on his helmet, even though it had been like 30 friggin years since he last raced

I believe "well done" racer has been dormant for over 40 yrs. Perhaps his classification should be upgraded to..."jerky"??

Thanks to Tony Perman, Dave US9 and Ron Magnusen NC1 for all their efforts. Kudos to Mike Johnson for generously lending this clan props for the draws.

Last but not least, ronronx who works tirelessly in the pits. I hope to convince him to become the 6th member of the clan to participate in Novice C...I'll even loan him my nads if need be.

"Well Done" NC3

Comment

[QUOTE=Matt Dagostino;210527]Sounds like a great program. To bad you had to take a cheap shot at a HOC inductee(s).......

With all due respect Matt, that was a really cheap shot from you for what region 10 has accomplished this year with this class.

Through the grapevine I have heard of records being set this year with not exactly the correct motor/boat combos but it seems to have been looked over.

Pick a class from unlimited to J classes, are there a few that will make the hall because they either bought into the class and if they dont jump the gun or get a racing penalty will they get a jacket ? yes, it has been that way for years.

The Novice C class has been the best thing I have seen in over 30 + years of racing. Think about it, in region 10 you have a JMK,Perman, 2 Kyles,Wart,Peeters and if you think you are going to get on the podium on any given weekend in CSH you better be **** lucky.

What this class has done is take the mid pack racers and back markers and given them a class to show thier own talents and learn to be competitive in the "C" class, I can name at least 3 racers who were ready to pack it up and go do something else because running in the back was NOT FUN every weekend, but now they have a "class to their own" and have grown in confidence to compete in the national class(s) and they are bringing more racers to us.

It is good for the local clubs by bringing in much needed funds and new racers and the same for A.P.B.A. for the same reasons.

Should we change this up to the new 302SS class? no way !! Why make someone spend $2500.00 and a boat to make spec when you can run your every day rig in CMH, CSH 20SSH and NOVICE C.

Hey Ron, we need some props, you have my # call me !!!!

Regards,

Carl Lewis ( C.C. )

Comment

Ok, so help those who don't know the specs on Novice C what it is and how it differs from 302SS. Lets find a great solution that could work nationwide.

Comment

Novice C

They are 2 different classes...Novice C is set up for a mid pack racer to run a year or two with his/her C stock rig against mid pack racers.....build confidence etc. 302SSH is for racers that want a sealed motor and a spec prop. You can still do whatever you want to a novice C motor within the rules. I would think that at some point in the future the 2 classes will become one....but at this point novice c is a local class and 302SSH is a national class starting November 1. 9US

Comment

Working...
                              X