No announcement yet.

U.S. A-Team in Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not to often I get on this site but this is an exception. First let me say great job to Twisted Sister..That was a great read.. The character and pride that team showed was just awsum! Thruogh it all they finished. HERBIE: All I can say for you is that you are a selfish and jealuos" MINION"..People like you shed bad light on this sport and its people. This site is for people who have a true interest in powerboat racing and not for bashing.. Another great job by the US Team!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

They have proven they are competitive with the best there is. These are professional teams they are competing with and they're right there in the mix. You may be right about the kneeldown boat having some disadvantages, but the advantages seem to outweigh the disadvantages in their opinion. I certainly couldn't fairly judge that from sitting behind my keyboard. This is one of those things you can only learn with experience. If Billy thought he needed a European style boat to win that race, he would have one (built in the USA of course).
      John Runne
      2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Euro boats

I think you guys are missing the big picture. The same 2 drivers on the podium last year with Billy were on the podium again this year and we finished in the bottom half of the field without an accident. Our lap times were down compared to the top half of the field, so what was different. Rough water kills a kneeler or an american laydown. The Euro boat runs over rough stuff like it was not even there. All of the top finishing hydro's in the U.S. Title Series are running Euro boats. You say if billy thought he needed a euro boat, he would get one. Well, he better start thinking about it.

Comment

For those interested this was the winning hull built in Tartu Tartu (Üllar Pővvat leadership) and the propellers are manufactured by Lembit Aaslav-Kaasik.

Tartu is the second largest city of Estonia. In contrast to Estonia's political and financial capital Tallinn, Tartu is often considered the intellectual and cultural hub, especially since it is home to Estonia's oldest and most renowned university. Wikipedia
          Attached Files
          Last edited by HRTV; 06-18-2013, 07:28 PM.
          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

This is the sister boat which clearly is not what we know in America to be a conventional CSH OSY400 boat. The design alone appears to be a night and day difference from what is run here in the states. The design almost resembles that of an Outrigger RC hydro. Im no boat builder but the center of gravity must play a major role in this design model.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by HRTV; 06-18-2013, 04:15 PM.
            HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

When we are talking "EURO" boat what are the differences from the usual "C" knee boat, 72" afterplane, 36" bottom, tunnel no tunnel, shoes, transom angles. etc.
              Any chance of some bottom pictures?

Comment

OSY-400 WC 2013 1 Heat Rasmus Haugasmägi

Video from the winning hull, notice the boat runs as if it was on rails. The boat to the left at the start is the sister boat. Also notice the low center of gravity and at no point does he fight the hull or need to redistribute his weight.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tN3OiKvd7Ao?vq=hd1080" width="853" height="480"></iframe>
                Last edited by HRTV; 06-19-2013, 05:05 AM.
                HTML Code:

Comment

Rex & Mike
                  I cannot belive how ignorant you both are.... There are too many thing to consider before you go BASHING the boat designs!!!!! Most intelligent people would get all of the facts first befor drawing conlutions!!!! Oh and you both have raced in the OSY worlds before???
                  Right up there with Mike I mean Herbie on this one!!!!!!

Comment

Real Big Picture

For those that do not think the USA Team is racing up to their potential with their current equipment, put your money where your fat keyboard is. USA Team is always looking for sponsorship, so buck up or shut up. I am sure that Billy and Todd will be more than happy to run new Tartu Tartu hulls next year. Who is going to write the check???? Anyone?

We all know speed costs money - how fast do you want the USA Team to go?

I for one am very proud of the USA Team (whole team, drivers & crew) and the results they have worked so hard to achieve. Also very thankful for the sponsorship, from the APBA Historical Society and all the others who have kicked in, that made it possible.
                    Brian 10s

Comment

And do you win every race you enter?????

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM SCOTT View Post
                        And do you win every race you enter?????
                        Yes, yes I do......
                        Ian Augustine

Comment

Thats funny Ian..... I always remember you on the backstretch with you arm in the air

Comment

Ian's strategy ..........don't enter.
                            John Runne
                            2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by herbie View Post
                              herbie says: get real wake up let me say herbie is not anti-american, just a realist
                              • team usa is going to europe, spending a lot of $
                              • osy in europe is equivalent to k pro in the usa, a beginner class… their osy drivers move on to 125 or 250
                              • you cannot be completive with a usa kneel down boat in europe…might suggest a kala or a lucas.
                              • all of the top hydro folks in the usa (125,250,350) have seen the light and are running a european boat or copies thereof
                              • everyone is saying great job…great job my a** you are an embarrassment to usa boat racing
                              • 14 boats and you run 8th & 10th in a beginner class
                              who is this herbie guy??
                              !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Billy and Todd, Congratulations. We love you for the fact that you took the time out of your busy lives, spent lots of money, and went out of your way to represent us. All racers know that it takes more than skill, hard work, determination, and equipment to win: a little luck and the stars aligned just right are also part of the equation. I think that those who chose to criticize in this thread should have used some tact and started a new thread about how Euro boats may be the wave of the future, or something like that. Why spoil a good pot of stew here? We need to baste in the glory, as do Billy, Todd and the rest of the US-A team.
                                I do happen to know who Herbie is as he has emailed me in the past, and it is not Mike Barrett. I would look at a Rossi owner who has a lot invested in pro racing. (He sure did not like that Brian runs a VRP and beat his Rossi---like I really care!).
                                Anyway, enough of that. Have a safe trip home US A team. You made us proud! Connie Payn

Comment

Working...
                                X