No announcement yet.

Raleigh Sanction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=T Chance;89151]I have saved full tightly capped fuel with no problems.

And, one time I went testing in the spring with leftover fuel and when I poured it in the fuel tank it had so much water in it it looked like milk. It was the only fuel I had. I used it and the motor ran just fine. This was a long time ago because the motor was an alcohol burning Champion Hot Rod.

Milkyness in fuel means it was probably already mixed and moiture got in somehow propably condensation again not my idea learned it from Japanese team that ran in US Depue Nationals in th 70's --I have ever since checked for Oil in fuel by puting a little in a glass of water if stays clear not mixed if turns milky is mixed

Pat

Comment

Close . . .

Originally posted by Kristi Ellison View Post
      I am betting Old Bill might still have some of them there old battries layin around
      Early 2006 while cleaning my garage for the move south I discovered 7 batterys, a few decades old, like a motorcycle battery from my `81 Suzuki. They were goners . . .
      carpetbagger

Comment

I wuz funning y`all . . .

cement floors don't do squat to fuel, or batterys. As Kristi mentioned, a metal (ferrous) can might leave a rust ring, but unless the frigging can rusts through, the fuel will be fine.

For those who worry - put one of those way cool speckle finish epoxy coatings on your garage floor! That's my plan, coat the garage floor with epoxy, WEST resin, one drip at a time
        carpetbagger

Comment

Bill
          Even easier....buy plastic drums They even get recycled!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
          Tomtall 06

Comment

Fuel

I Had Never Heard Of The Cement Floor Deal During My Years In Pro Racing Either. In 1986 I Got In To Kart Racing, One Of First Things The Old Timers Told Me Was Not To Store Fuel On A Cement Floor. It Would Draw Water In To The Jug Or Drum.

Comment

Guess I will just leave it in the race trailer then.....easier on my back!

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
              Tomtall 06

Comment

Wow! That's amazing!

Originally posted by Danny Pigott View Post
                I Had Never Heard Of The Cement Floor Deal During My Years In Pro Racing Either. In 1986 I Got In To Kart Racing, One Of First Things The Old Timers Told Me Was Not To Store Fuel On A Cement Floor. It Would Draw Water In To The Jug Or Drum.
                Lemme see, a metal can impervious to moisture transfer sucks up water if onna cement floor? Wonder if we can use those metal cans to build a reverse osmosis water filter?
                carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Huson View Post
                  Lemme see, a metal can impervious to moisture transfer sucks up water if onna cement floor? Wonder if we can use those metal cans to build a reverse osmosis water filter?
                  Ever had inside of your car wind shield get wet ,called condensation,doesnt come from outside but from inside same thing this is why keeping cans full is best answer

Pat

Comment

Well yeah . . .

Originally posted by raceright View Post
                    Ever had inside of your car wind shield get wet ,called condensation,doesnt come from outside but from inside same thing this is why keeping cans full is best answer

Pat
                    Wet inside my truck fer sure. But that moisture is allready inside the truck waiting for the dew point to condense on your windows, or, in the case of my truck, wetness leaks in when it rains.

I assume one would try to leave full cans for off-season storage. I gas up all my recreational boats and add Stabil for off-season storage, same for generators and mowers.

Biut I INSIST! The cement floor isn't the culprit, varying temperature and winter cooling is the evil thang. A slab of wood under a can may provide some insulation, but when I lived farther north the air inside my unheated garage was a lot colder than the concrete floor which was heated by Motha Earth.
                    carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Huson View Post
                      Wet inside my truck fer sure. But that moisture is allready inside the truck waiting for the dew point to condense on your windows, or, in the case of my truck, wetness leaks in when it rains.

I assume one would try to leave full cans for off-season storage. I gas up all my recreational boats and add Stabil for off-season storage, same for generators and mowers.

Biut I INSIST! The cement floor isn't the culprit, varying temperature and winter cooling is the evil thang. A slab of wood under a can may provide some insulation, but when I lived farther north the air inside my unheated garage was a lot colder than the concrete floor which was heated by Motha Earth.
                      T
                      I think were are saying the same thing except my Truck doesn't leak

Comment

Lucky you . . .

Originally posted by raceright View Post
                        T
                        I think were are saying the same thing except my Truck doesn't leak
                        My trucks pees on the floor everytime we have a hard rain. Dodge dude tried to fix it but only slowed it down.

This fuel problem thread got me so fired up I picked up a couple large economy size Stabil jugs for my gas powered toys. My checkbook hates me
                        carpetbagger

Comment

Working...
                        X