Clear All

Impressive

Originally posted by dlmurray
    Gryskiewicz

Nicely Done.

Comment

Usts

Originally posted by David Weaver
      Or Better yet, attend the meeting and join the USTS!
      I am unable to attend the meeting do to work. But Could someone send me the membership info?

Mark
      Mark
      G-11
      125H
      When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
      Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

You may download the application from our website and mail it in. www.ustitleseries.org
        Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
        Tomtall 06

Comment

Originally posted by gryskoG55
          Nicely Done.
          It's helped being the treasurer for so many years! Can't tell you how many times I had to write/type the name!

Comment

Membership

To clear the air, does one have to join the APBA Pro Divison in order to race USTS ? This would be in addition to your USTS membership, correct ?

You guys should see the T-Shirts and stuff they sell at the USTS races.... downright cool !!!
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Some Answers

You do not have to a USTS member to race at a USTS race. Only USTS members are typically eligible for prize money and year-end class purses.

You must be registered in the PRO Category to race in a PRO class.

You must be an APBA member to race in a USTS race snactioned by APBA.
              David Weaver

Comment

Winona Olympia Beer Nat's

Originally posted by gryskoG55

Most people remember this site from the PRO Nationals event held in Winona in the 70's.
                Yup, I remember that event & location pretty well, specially the part of a certain close friend & I sneaking into the Olympia Beer Garden Tent one night and tried/drank our very first beers together (we were 12 or 13 at the time)!! Its an odd coincidence how after that point in time (I believe Winona was 75'), David Eldredge & I somehow mutually developed a knack/talent of sneeking into Beer Gardens, concession stands and Trebor Billiters cooler @ races in the nighttime...
                Oh, I recall the racing & location WAS pretty good too!!

Guy
                G

Comment

'75 was sponsored by Grainbelt
                  '76 was Olympia

Comment

Funny we still have some of the old rusted beer buckets OLYMPIA gave out at the beer tent. In fact we still have the silver dollars they gave out in prize money! I too remember stealing beer out of coolers since all the grownups were in the beer tent that week! I also remember crawling in the airplane at the park through the exhaust intake and hangin out. It was a great site and I cannot wait to go back.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                    Tomtall 06

Comment

Grain Belt sponsored race

The name Grain Belt really brings back some memories, both good and bad. That year I had a smoking 500 Hydro with a Konig with all ZAK's magic touches and a brand new R&D Hydro that would go thru the turns almost as fast as it would go down the straighaway's. I was to go out in an elimination heat and we cranked and cranked and cranked after the 5 minute gun and never did get it started. Wouldn't even fire and had been running fine in testing that morning. Found out after the heat started without me, and I didn't get out that the two way connector that connected the battery and the kill switch had a wire broken inside where you could't see it and so ruined any chance I had to get into the finals. I was really bummed because as I said, it was really running and I was positive I had a good chance. Rex Hall did get in the finals with a good finish in his elimination heat but my rig was running much better as I had been finishing in front of him most all summer at the previous local races. Because I really wanted to see the boat on the water. I told him he could use my equipment if he wanted. He did, and finished 2nd in the Nationals that year. I believe Charley Bailey driving Baldy Baldwin's equipment was the winner, although that was a long time ago and my memory is a little dim these days. That was both a low and a high, Rex doing so well in my equipment, although I was disappointed it wasn't me driving. The really funny thing at that race site took place about halfway through the program on Sunday afternoon. The PA announcer made an announcement that Grain Belt, who had a a beer tent on the race premises, had stocked too much beer and from then on would be giving it away at no charge the rest of the day. This beer was SO BAD, that even though it was being given away free, the boat racers would not drink it. Now when a boat racer turns down free beer, thats funny and unusual. I must agree with the other posters that this is a beautiful site and I remember some very good places to eat also.

Comment

winona

Hey Kristi I remember that airplane...that's when we prank called people and had pizzas delivered to their house. The good ole days.

I also remember all the kids being in Mel Kirts motorhome.............

Comment

Working...
                        X