Yamato 102 Coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamato 102 Coils

I know many have tried this in the past but I believe I have found someone who can rewind 102 coils. I’ve never had a 102 coil apart to see the inner workings of one. I assume the primary and ignition coils are an integrated assembly? Can someone send me a clear picture of the coil so I can forward it to the technician for his opinion before proceeding with trying to rewind one. Person/company we are talking about here is Bill Lopoulos/Magneto Parts in Northbridge Mass. If someone were near Bill they could visit him and talk to him. Does anyone one have photos of one of these coils apart? I know John Adams has played with these quite a bit. If anyone has a 102 coil photo or photos they could send me I will forward them to Bill. My email is dw.andrews1@icloud.com

Yes, in fact I think I have already done one. The challenge is locating the spark plug wire. I use a tape-wound process, not a plastic coating. Rewinds are $130 each plus shipping. I recommend send the complete mag, I had fitting challenges on the last one that I did as I didn't have the complete mag

Let me know

bill

On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 11:57:38 AM EDT, Doug Andrews <dw.andrews1@icloud.com> wrote:

Hi Bill. This is what I was talking about earlier with you today. I assume the primary and ignition coil are integrated as one here. I myself have never had one of these apart to have a look see. The spark plug wire presses onto a pin so it is separate from the coil itself. Let me know what you think. I can get a bad one sent to you to have a closer look if you like. Some people have had success rewinding the primary but the secondary wire is really small and they could not do it by hand.

Kindest Regards

Doug Andrews

Sent from my iPad

Comment

In speaking with Bill he can do anything that has a points ignition system, whether it is automotive, marine, small engine, tractors, etc. his website is magnetoparts.com

Comment

Working...
      X