125 engines ... Pros and Cons ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note to Eric ... off topic but,

would you happen to know the dimensions for one of Gary's rear cowls for the 125 hydro ... specifically the width?
    Untethered from reality!

Comment

Originally posted by epugh66
      Also, the air systems helped a Lakeland. It was a little tricky to use your right hand to reach over and put the block of wood or loop of rope over throttle/pipe puller combo. After three laps our hands got weak...girly 125 drivers.
      Glad to read that I was not the only one to resort such tactics. We screwed in a piece of wood with a leather loop attached and slipped it over the end of the pipe puller once going wide open. Held the pipes in place (forward) until I finished or blew the engine (about 50/50). Then all I had to worry about was a steering arm giving out trying to hold the endless 1 2/3 mile turn!!
      David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver
        Glad to read that I was not the only one to resort such tactics. We screwed in a piece of wood with a leather loop attached and slipped it over the end of the pipe puller once going wide open. Held the pipes in place (forward) until I finished or blew the engine (about 50/50). Then all I had to worry about was a steering arm giving out trying to hold the endless 1 2/3 mile turn!!
        Thats why I ran the fast stuff, it was over quicker

Comment

Button on top of the brake?

Also, the air systems helped a Lakeland. It was a little tricky to use your right hand to reach over and put the block of wood or loop of rope over throttle/pipe puller combo. After three laps our hands got weak...girly 125 drivers.
          Read with int., some orgs. say no button on top.
          Wonder how they cure hand fatigue ,or use brakes???

RichardKCMo
          RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Thunder
            would you happen to know the dimensions for one of Gary's rear cowls for the 125 hydro ... specifically the width?
            The old cowl, circa 1982, was made for 15" cockpits. We've stretched them out to fit the 17" laydown boats but they kinda look squashed. David has a rear cowl from the new mold, it was made for wider cockpits and has a different look in general. Dave, gotta closeup to share?
            " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
            Art Pugh

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Jack
              I am in the process of puting togather a 125 Rosi / Oconner package for this season. I went to a USTS race with Mike , Dave Jones had his 125 also. I learned a lot walking around and talking to the racers. This a move up from CMH for me. The 125 came in a wooden crate from Rex Hall, it is very complete,and very high quality. Everything has gone togather very well so far , Looking forward to going to Fl , going to run Inverness and stick around and run Avon Park the next weekend. The tower can be set up so you can run both powerheads ( Rossi/ VRP ) ( not at the same time!!!!). Ill let you know how things go .. Now how to get that 55 gal drum of alky into the shed.
              Okay Shawn, spill your guts. How did you like the 125H class?

Comment

KneelDown/laydown

Really don't see the reasoning,outboard racing boat, never had a crew of 37 , real ones i mean, but you can't see in some , they look like spaceships, or some BMWs on the hiway.
                RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

KneelDown/laydown

Really don't see the reasoning,outboard racing boat, never had a crew of 37 , real ones i mean, but you can't see in some , they look like spaceships, or some BMWs on the hiway.
                  RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Photo

The old cowl, circa 1982, was made for 15" cockpits. We've stretched them out to fit the 17" laydown boats but they kinda look squashed. David has a rear cowl from the new mold, it was made for wider cockpits and has a different look in general. Dave, gotta closeup to share?
                    Well, Dan's web-site is smarter than I am. A photo of the rear cowling can be found under a thread in the USTS section about the 2005 race at Omaha. I do not know how to link to the thread from here.
                    David Weaver

Comment

Working...
                    X