Identification Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification Help Please

I have an idea, but need confirmation of what this is.

THX in advance.
    Last edited by hydroman6; 06-22-2007, 05:36 AM.
    Steve
    106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

What is it..............

Looks like Mercury Champ or Formula 1, and very expensive............

Comment

It looks to me like it is an older Merc SuperSpeedmaster gearcase, with an adaptor plate allowing it to be mounted under the Champ mid-section.

Joe

Comment

That is the last version of the Merc Super Speedmaster for inline 6 motors and some kind of modified V-6 racing mid section. Might have been a Champ mid or just a T2X mid before a drag racer modified it. There is an adapter between them because the V-6 and T2X mids are really made for the type VI and type IV V-6 Super Speedmaster which mount differently from the inline 6 Speedmaster.

Comment

Identification Help Please

Thanks for the quick input!

I thought it might be off an inline six. The owner wants to sell. What would something like this be worth? The tower was shortened and squared up by a machine shop, but does not yet have a bolt pattern identified. The vertical shaft needs to be squared also. I'll probably pass on it if anyone is interested. It's in my shop, so I can get other pictures or info as needed.

GO SEAHAWKS
          Steve
          106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

Mid-section And Lower Unit

How Much Does He Want For It??? Thanks , Kevin Nichols

Comment

My wood worker/repair guy when I bust a rig, Larry Bach copied my "Cougar-Cub" Tunnel-hull with a 25XD motor (old APBA racer).

He streched the design to 15 foot. I found him a Merc. 135/150 HP? inline six we mounted on it.
              Would this work on it?

Would be interested if so!

Thanks, 19P
              Steve
              100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Steve, as I understand it there is no bolt pattern on the top of the mid and no splines on the drive shaft; it is a work in progress

Comment

MC-1 Speedmaster

Pretty sure that is an MC-1 Speedmaster also used on the original Twisters. The mounting plate looks like the T11X plate that adapts early speedmasters to the T3 tower. (The T3 and T11X used the same tower.) Looks like the T11X/T3 tower has been cut down from the top. Sort of looks like a T11X clamp and swivel assembly minus the hydraulics.

Comment

Originally posted by mac19f
                    Pretty sure that is an MC-1 Speedmaster also used on the original Twisters. The mounting plate looks like the T11X plate that adapts early speedmasters to the T3 tower. (The T3 and T11X used the same tower.) Looks like the T11X/T3 tower has been cut down from the top. Sort of looks like a T11X clamp and swivel assembly minus the hydraulics.
                    Oooooh ... I think you are more right than I was; I knew there was something about the third picture that showed something special

Not many boats that can use that fat Speedmaster with that mid cut that short ... I'd say these be pieces
                    Last edited by sam; 01-25-2006, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X