omc triple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omc triple

Well, I'm still playing with my Fe motor.. So, I'm screwing around with the intake, Carb and reed plates. I decided it's easier to get another reed
    set-up i can trash in machining a new carb adaptor. What i have discovered is a 1985/70hp has a much better reed set-up then a 1976/75hp.
    The reeds mount on the same plate as the carb (not seperate) and the "manifold" is a much better interior shape. ie. smoother flow.
    I'm sure other guys are aware of this, but I wasn't, and thought I would pass it along. the omc number on the good plate is 323689, it is between the #1 and #2 carbs..
    now was a 85 a larger displacement... ? the bolt pattern is exactly the same as are the reeds.
    2% own 90%, that's the ownership society

Three cyl manifold

The correct part # is 389395, they used it on the 56ci blocks also.

example: old two peice on left, single peice on right.
    Attached Files
    93-C

Comment

Fe Tips

AWESOME LOOKING ENGINE ---THANKS FOR THE TIP-----ARE YOU RUNNING IN THE LOW OR MID 90'S ????????????????????? very curious !!!!! i used to ru a 1975 75 stinger and did very well ---won 2 nat on a pugh -----still running what we call super -e hydro for the NBRA ----ANY OTHER GREAT TIPS???? BURNINVERNON O-90 PREDATOR RACING
      Speed cost Money --How fast ya wanna go ?

Comment

sure, you can can take at least 3/16" off the front case, where the reed plate mounts. 3/16" takes @ 1 cube/inch out of the crankcase. Or stuffs the crankcase by about 1 cube. Seems to add mid range torque.

Comment

[QUOTE=BURNINVERNON]AWESOME LOOKING ENGINE ---THANKS FOR THE TIP-----ARE YOU RUNNING IN THE LOW OR MID 90'S ????????????????????? very curious !!!!! i used to ru a 1975 75 stinger and did very well ---won 2 nat on a pugh -----still running what we call super -e hydro for the NBRA ----ANY OTHER GREAT TIPS???? BURNINVERNON O-90 PREDATOR RACING[/QUO

Low to mid 90's?. No I'm running 4 miles a day @ aprx 3 to 5 mph 3to 4 days a week!
          The engine in the picture has only run a garden hose so far

I'm geting closer though

Thanks
          93-C

Comment

[QUOTE=Jeff Akers]
            Originally posted by BURNINVERNON
            AWESOME LOOKING ENGINE ---THANKS FOR THE TIP-----ARE YOU RUNNING IN THE LOW OR MID 90'S ????????????????????? very curious !!!!! i used to ru a 1975 75 stinger and did very well ---won 2 nat on a pugh -----still running what we call super -e hydro for the NBRA ----ANY OTHER GREAT TIPS???? BURNINVERNON O-90 PREDATOR RACING[/QUO

Low to mid 90's?. No I'm running 4 miles a day @ aprx 3 to 5 mph 3to 4 days a week!
            The engine in the picture has only run a garden hose so far

I'm geting closer though

Thanks
            Jeff, BE SURE to let me know when you do plan to "debut" your FEH, as I will come up and pit for YOU this time. I owe you for all the help you have given me and also for your support of the Western Stock Divisionals last weekend. Also, any time I am up in your area to race, you are more than welcome to race any of my rigs. As I figure it now, by mid summer, I will have (5) different class rigs to run and surely can't run em all at every race. Heck, last weekend's 4 classes was enough for me and especially for my AWESOME and hard working pit crew, which inclludes my younger brother Torei and my roomate Mike. I tend to overwork them too much at each race.........

well, I have a couple more things to pack, then am off to the airport.......Ocoee bound! Besides racing this time, I will also be the pit crew for Bob Williams' Darneille FEH........
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Daren, Good luck and be safe this weekend, Go kick some A$$

Maybie you can pull some FEH tip's out of Bob for me?. He's got some fast stuff!
              93-C

Comment

haa guys on west coast ..will be there in ocoee this weekend...say hi lets have a few...sold boat just watching,,,see ya there...cheyney

Comment

quick note

you guys ever studied loopers...smoother is not better shorter is not always better for a torque engine such as this,,,just a thought food for thought...cheyney,,,104..mph

Comment

that's pretty freeking vague. I once had a guy try and chew my butt off for looking at his motor, which was hanging on his boat, sitting right next to mine.
                    The stupid thing didn't make 2 laps before it self destructed... the motor was laid open so you could actually see "it". I walked up and said, well I see it now.... That was a real laugh.
                    On the other hand, Mr. Lyle Mason was a great gearhead to chat with, as were a few others....
                    When's the last time kilos were run east of the Rockies?
                    Last edited by modFE; 03-09-2005, 07:24 PM.

Comment

mod -fe ask any about my motor about 8 years old and set a many records and run laps and laps ahead of alot...cheyney...but did mess up at nats not motors fault

Comment

my point was, sure an intake shouldn't be glass smooth. But on the other hand, sharp edges aren't helpful, half the carb with veriterable wall behind it can't be better then the 85 carb plate. Screws sticking thru the reed plate...
                        There's a lot of little stuff that will help the omc triple. The guy ask.
                        carb spacers ? never tried them.
                        My other point was too radical, is.. well the omc triples a good motor to begin with. As many mod guys as are here, when somebody asks about a motor. Nobody answers.
                        In reality, a correct built 2 stroke of 50 cubes should be making a 100+ hp.
                        and I don't doubt your motor is fine. 104 is impressive.
                        Speaking of HP, wouldn't it suit APBA well to have dynos to check the "new" stock division ? Find out what the motors are making, and hold them to a HP figure. This would negate any "devolopment" of the Hotrods and Bass/Import and the 44xs in the stock division. Maybe a series of test wheels and good strobe tach would suit.

Comment

Replies Vauge....

I know a lot of responses to specific questions don't get answered. It comes from years of hard work and trying new and different things in an engine. Nothing better than the satisfaction of winning with something you did, all by yourself. Builds good chracter in yourself as well knowing you created the beast. Given there are about a bazillion 3 holers in junk yards it is easy to experiemnt, does not work, toss it away grab the next junker and build it again. That is why FE is such an in-expensive class.
                          Dave Mason
                          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

in-expensive

Thats exactly why I chose the FE class, fairly cheap and very available atleast for "me" ( I work for a OMC/BOMB dealer ) plus I like the idea of playing with things and making them go faster! But it's allways neat to here someone els's Idea's on these engines. Allways good to here tips however small they may be.
                            93-C

Comment

hay jeff A
                              lookin for a 2bbl 3cyl intake, pics without carbs, or will buy one
                              thanks
                              FF

Comment

Working...
                              X