Weight vs Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pro350hydro
    Daren, It's the same thing I've been trying with Kevin Martin. I keep trying to invite him to lunch so he will eat more double cheese burgers, gain more weight, then he will keep the boat at a safer (slower) speed. Hey everyone needs a plan right? However, he doesn't think it is as funny as I do...

Sattler
    I bet Sheryl doesn't think to highly of the idea either Mike!!!!!
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alky6
      ugh. me likem go fast out of corners. Quit eating whole brontisaurus. Stick to playing with wife. Drag wife around by hair--lose weight, ugh.
      Obviously Kiby was not looking over your shoulder as you typed this. If she was, you can scratch the part about playing with wife off your list for about the next 6 months.

JJ

Comment

I've been lurking on this thread since the beginning and I've finally found the words I wanted:

If it was as simple as less weight = more speed on the course - all boats that were 2 pounds over minimum would run 3 laps rubbing paint and the guy that was 20 over would be a half lap back. We all know there is a lot more to racing than that.

Comment

Originally posted by sam
          I've been lurking on this thread since the beginning and I've finally found the words I wanted:

If it was as simple as less weight = more speed on the course - all boats that were 2 pounds over minimum would run 3 laps rubbing paint and the guy that was 20 over would be a half lap back. We all know there is a lot more to racing than that.
          Sure is more to racing than that ... ... but his original question was quite straight forward.

Comment

I found some software that can calculate this kind of question. It says each 20 pounds is worth 1 mph at CSH weight.

As I suspected, there are a lot more varibles that can give or take 1 mph at CSH weight.

Comment

Working...
            X