Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were do I get tuned pipes from???

Hi all
    I'm looking for somone to supply me with a tuned pipe for an 429cc two stroke motor is there suppliers out there that can give me some advice?
    Thanks
    Damien
    damo@onthenet.com.au

go to your local library and have them order you a book titled:
    Two Stroke Tuner's Handbook
    i dont remember the author, but it will give you the basic numbers to build a set of pipes

Comment

Pipes

Thanks for your tips I'll have a look today
      Cheers
      Damien

Comment

Originally posted by PETEG View Post
        go to your local library and have them order you a book titled:
        Two Stroke Tuner's Handbook
        i dont remember the author, but it will give you the basic numbers to build a set of pipes
        The book is by Peter Jennings. It is out of print, it may be at your library, or used bookstore. However, you can also download it at: http://edj.net/2stroke/jennings/
        Last edited by T Chance; 01-18-2007, 11:30 AM. Reason: to get url on one line

Comment

Tuned pipes

Thanks for the tips I have had a look at the book it's just what I needed
          Thank you
          Damien

Comment

Expansion Chambers

Damo,
            Once you have your design established. You could have someone else build it for you. I use Gary Williams In Neveda (formerly with Aircone) He will build it to your print. He does excellent work and he's reasonably priced.
            If interested send me a message and I'll give you his number.
            Lee Tietze
            Machined Components
            Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

or Gary might build you the cone shapes and you can weld them up yourself

Comment

Pipes

Thanks for that
                if you could pass on his number that would be good. I live in Australia but I get alot of my race gear from the states any way
                Cheers
                Damien

Comment

Hydro to suit 550cc???

While i'm on the forum the reason for the pipe details all this is for a new class I want to run (open hull 550cc class) Here in Oz there is only tunnels and mono's but I'm realy keen on running one of the hydro's you guy's race. Can any one reconmend a good kit and size that I could build on this side of the pond???
                  Thanks
                  Damien

Comment

Working...
                  X