No announcement yet.

Free kevlars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would for sure be me 6 ft 190 but I have income so could never except. Hope it goes to someone who thinks about this the way I did and still but was interupted by the draft back when. I would have to say you must be quite a person to do this for someone.

Comment

Not sure if you're accepting essays for the cut-suit... But here goes!!

I have a 24 year old son who has been helping me for the last couple years with my DSH. He attended a drivers school and really wants to race ever since. He is slowly (and I mean SLOWLY) trying to allocate a complete rig and gear.... "piece by piece"

I wont make any excuses for him -but he's had a bunch of bad luck financially A few nutcase girlfriends who drained him and a stroll down the dark side of partying in which he cleaned himself up from.

But I will tell you -he is one: who when at a race, helps others in the pits -including setting up the racesite for the club. Occasionally he gets a free boat ride here and there.

Unfortunately he has a Dad that just wont give him everything -Oops, that'd be me! (but he's not 16 anymore -right?) But he does seem to be quite enthused to become a full fledged racer! (and I need someone to put my 44xs on my boat now-a-days!)

Yes, he's starting out a little backwards.... Got a prop, a helmet and a boat it seems... (motor will be next I hope)

So, thats what I got.... and thank-you for your consideration!

These kevlars would surely be an awesome gift to the cause.
      Last edited by Kip69w; 06-25-2013, 08:40 PM.

Comment

That would have fit me as well, but it has probably gone to a more deserving person. However, I am in your neck of the woods(Hallettsville) and I am sitting here with a CSH and a 302 I have owned for over a year and have yet to get them wet. Don't have a whole lot of help with testing. Grew up in a racing family and they are all gone. Not too many people in these parts with the same interest. Therefore, anytime you are feeling philanthropic again I could sure use some help with setup, testing days, and driving tips!

Comment

Originally posted by Kip69w View Post

But I will tell you -he is one: who when at a race, helps others in the pits -including setting up the racesite for the club. Occasionally he gets a free boat ride here and there.
          Wow, sorry Kip, I wished I had several pair to give away, but a racer up North got em... Good kid, sent photos of the boat he rebuilt, from (what looked like a wreck) to a real beauty, rebuilt his motor, (and lost his girl friend along the way)participated in his first race, Totally consumed with boat racing...

All the best to you and your son.

Comment

Originally posted by sppruett View Post
            That would have fit me as well, but it has probably gone to a more deserving person. However, I am in your neck of the woods(Hallettsville) and I am sitting here with a CSH and a 302 I have owned for over a year and have yet to get them wet. Don't have a whole lot of help with testing. Grew up in a racing family and they are all gone. Not too many people in these parts with the same interest. Therefore, anytime you are feeling philanthropic again I could sure use some help with setup, testing days, and driving tips!
            Really? Halletsville? Do you have a place to test down there?

I'll bet I could get old man Stotts, and Dan Parker to posse up and we could get you goin.

Look up "Prop Doc" on this site and join the Texas club.

Comment

TX Racing

Originally posted by sppruett View Post
              There are many more people than you might expect in TX. Sanger, Dallas, Austin, Haslet.

JoeJohn is around there, Gardner (propdoc here on HR) The Col Jack Stotts, Little Haunestein is around there, and there are a lot of retired racers. We have raced at Marine Creek lake in Ft Worth, and we currently have an NBRA race in Jacksboro TX. That is about an hour from Sanger. We stayed with Nichols in Sanger for the week. But I do know Jacksboro would love to see you test on site. Give JoeJohn and Garnder a message, they test there and I am betting they would love to help you out.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
              X