Want to Buy full race set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RGUNBY View Post
    My brother and I are looking to get into racing(C or D class). We are looking to buy a complete setup, 2 hydro boats ready to race and trailer.
    As said earlier, we do not run D in the Southeast, so your best bet is to go with a C rig. Since both you and your brother want to race have you consider 1 Hydro and 1 Runabout so you will always have at least 1 dedicated crew member?

Feel free to call me anytime and I can help you you get pointed in the right direction. Our next race in the Southeast is a little ways off so we have time!

Howie 321-626-0666
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

What about D Mod?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

When is the next race and location in the south east?

Comment

Originally posted by RGUNBY View Post
          When is the next race and location in the south east?
          Rainbow City Al.
          August 10-12
          82F
          Mark O'Brien

Comment

Wilson, NC is in late Sept as well.

Looks like Stapleton is right around the corner from where we raced last weekend in Evans, GA.

We also have races in Tabor City, NC (near Myrtle Beach) and Jesup, Ga near Brunswick, GA so there are a few within just a few hours drive.
            444-B now 4-F

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 75F View Post
              Sad to say, but no D's racing in the southeast. C hydro is the most popular for this region.
              That's true unfortunately in the Region 3 area too. D's are a great show. With a C tho, you can also run 20SS & both are cool.
              Team Tower

Comment

D Stuff

I have all sorts of d for sale: stock /mod / hydros ,runabouts, props trailers ect.
                952 807 1578

Comment

No substitute for cubic inches

especially when you belt size it 38 on up. That's why D or D mod is probably your best bang for your buck. There are D Stock rigs for sale for really decent prices. They are 44xs powered for the most part and they go really good. Building a D-mod motor and firing it up yields tons of satisfaction. Just like building your own boat from a kit. There's plenty of good advice out there on how to do it. There was a terrific post here on HR about putting a D-Mod motor together. There's also a lot of advice out there telling you to run other classes where there are more boats. I'm telling you that you and your buds you can create a D / D-mod class right where you are. You can run NBRA or APBA. besides the advice that tells you you're nuts. It's contagious... and going fast on the water and trying to outrun your neighbor is one of the few pleasures left for us speed freaks on a limited budget.

Alex

Comment

D mod

There are 3 D MOD Hydros in Ga. 4 in SC This class is fast to start out in ,but pretty safe if you get the right boat. You can find 50 hp Merc power heads easy. You could also get a D Stock rig an put pipes on it an be in the race or run it as is to start.

Comment

IF I can sell my CMR then a DSH is my next purchase. Charlie Gonyea says he plans on retiring to FLA next year and will also get a D...

Maybe it will begin to grow again!
                      444-B now 4-F

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Nichols View Post
                        IF I can sell my CMR then a DSH is my next purchase. Charlie Gonyea says he plans on retiring to FLA next year and will also get a D...

Maybe it will begin to grow again!
                        Yeah Buddy !

Comment

Working...
                        X