Want to Buy full race set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to Buy full race set up

My brother and I are looking to get into racing(C or D class). We are looking to buy a complete setup, 2 hydro boats ready to race and trailer.
    Last edited by RGUNBY; 06-29-2012, 01:30 PM.

Hydros or runabouts?
    Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Hydros

Comment

302 Super Stock Hydro

What about the new class that we are showcasing at Grass Lake Nationals?

Comment

Plenty of equipment for sale. Here's a link to the HydroRacer.net "classifieds".

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

there is a guy from maine with a full D stock hydro with a freshly rebuilt 44XS, race ready for sale.
            Silas Jordan
            Windham, Maine
            CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
            Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

http://www.hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22957
              Silas Jordan
              Windham, Maine
              CSR 53A (2B till the boat gets redone)
              Sigma Nu, IN-549

Comment

What boat would be best to run in this class. I see there is a spec motor which would be good, just need to know which boat.

Comment

Okay... here it is. Contact Gerry Davids, he'll build you a boat for D hydro. Contact me, I'll sell you a race-ready Tohatsu M50D2 "NEW" D-Stock motor. Contact Craig Dewald, he'll make you a winning prop.

You'll be running in the high 70's low 80's in D Stock hydro. I don't care if you've never raced a boat before.... you can race D Hydro. You just can't be a jerk!! It might help if you have raced motorcycles, jet-skiis,or even sailboats. NO kind of racing tolerates squirrels, okay?

But, if you buy into a D Stock rig with a Tohatsu... you'll have a motor with a proven track record, a rewind starter, and (I hate to say it) Japanese reliability.

Call me when the dust has settled!

Alex
                  Richmond Aero Marine
                  Mfg: RAM50 racing engine package
                  207-737-4570

Comment

Sad to say, but no D's racing in the southeast. C hydro is the most popular for this region.
                    Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Originally posted by RGUNBY View Post
                      My brother and I are looking to get into racing(C or D class). We are looking to buy a complete setup, 2 hydro boats ready to race and trailer.
                      Just a thought....

Show up at a local race and get to know some of the folks there. See if they are planning on having a Driving School this summer that you can participate in. If not, I'm sure someone will be happy to let you guys test some equipment to see if you want to race C or D.

Best of luck!
                      Mike

Comment

Best Advice yet

Originally posted by pav225 View Post
                        Just a thought....

Show up at a local race and get to know some of the folks there. See if they are planning on having a Driving School this summer that you can participate in. If not, I'm sure someone will be happy to let you guys test some equipment to see if you want to race C or D.

Best of luck!
                        Mike
                        Follow this advice - it will make the difference between racing for many years or a one and done.
                        Brian 10s

Comment

Your weight , the money you have to spend, and driving experience. All need to know things. (Going to a race is the best advice you will get here.) GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN. WILD BILL

Comment

3 classes one rig!!

I would recommend "C" because you can run "C" 20 & 400 with the same rig. only a plate in your Yamato for 20. You will get lots of boat time running 3 classes. I will be doing the same thing next year and just got my boat off the jig.

Comment

That's how I got my start. First year I ran 20 and OSY then the next year I stepped up too CSH which is a very competitive class and fun also.. Don't get frustrated if u don't go out and win right away because your running against guys n gals who have doing this for years. Just my 2 cents and good luck to the both of you
                              My anger management class pisses me off!!

Comment

Working...
                              X