WTB Coaming Pulley but Which One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Coaming Pulley but Which One?

I want to buy one coaming pulley to match the one I currently have but I am not sure which to buy. The one I am trying to match is black with a sanded aluminum ridge down the center so it looks to me like a Keller brand.

But....

How do I tell if it is 15 degree or 90 degree base? From where is that measurement taken?

Also, the one pulley I have appears that it would be different left to right as only one side of the base has a drainage notch. But, when I look at the suppliers websites I do not see the pulleys listed as left or right side.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Dennis
    Last edited by Dennis Crews; 06-08-2012, 05:42 AM.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Dennis, place the mounting surface against a flat surface and look at the pully it self. Is the pully tilted up or down from perpindicular to the surface or straight out. If tilted, it's a 15 degree and if not, it's a 90 degree. Only the 15degree ones matter on which side of the boat you mount it. Jack

Comment

Contact Steve at Portage Bay Systems. See the ad at the top of this page.

Comment

Tom Cronk also carries all of the Keller equipment
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Pulleys

Dennis
          Send me a picture of the pulley you have.
          Tom
          tcronk@tampabay.rr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cronk View Post
            Dennis
            Send me a picture of the pulley you have.
            Tom
            tcronk@tampabay.rr.com
            Pic sent. Thanks Tom

Dennis
            "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

Dennis, Hope you can help us in the pits on Sat. June 23. We need a weight Master. Our scales are on the ground and all you do is read the scales.

Comment

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
                Dennis, Hope you can help us in the pits on Sat. June 23. We need a weight Master. Our scales are on the ground and all you do is read the scales.
                If I catch him driving by my house, I'll drag him kickin' and screamin', Doc!!

Comment

we made our own, the looks add 3 mph to the boat!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by joejohn44 View Post
                    If I catch him driving by my house, I'll drag him kickin' and screamin', Doc!!
                    Yep, I'll be there Fri and Sat and willin' to pitch in and help. Might have one or two more able bodies with me too.
                    Last edited by Dennis Crews; 06-08-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by john527 View Post
                      we made our own, the looks add 3 mph to the boat!!
                      That does look nice. If you can verify that 3 mph I'd bet you'd sell a boat-load of 'em!

Comment

Picture

Dennis
                        I havn't received the picture yet,just your email.
                        Tom

Comment

Here are the pics. Sorry Tom but my email account has some serious size restrictions on attachments and I have not yet figured out how to resize the pics so I posted them here.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Stotts View Post
                            Dennis, place the mounting surface against a flat surface and look at the pully it self. Is the pully tilted up or down from perpindicular to the surface or straight out. If tilted, it's a 15 degree and if not, it's a 90 degree. Only the 15degree ones matter on which side of the boat you mount it. Jack
                            Thanks Jack, by the pic above (if I am smart enough to understand your instructions) it looks to me like I have the 15 degree base.

Look forward to seeing you at Mc Alester

Dennis

Comment

Looks like a 90 degree to me but with a little slop in the pulley shaft. Tom will know. Jack
                              Last edited by Jack Stotts; 06-09-2012, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X