No announcement yet.

Wanted 2 blade props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al , I am going to have to pass on the pinner prop, I have had 3 pinner props and they all flung a blade. Thanx Rob

Comment

[QUOTE=rob watson;186346]I don't know how I could be any clearer than 13-15 pitch I know what props I'm looking 4[/QUOTE

hard to believe this guy is telling the 2011 boatnik cup winner what pitch he should be running on his props

Comment

I'm not telling him WHAT TO RUN, I'm saying they are not common props he is likely to find ... completely different trains of thought ... look back, I never said he should not run them, I only said its unlikely to FIND them

Its always worth asking before you plunk down the cash for a new prop that isn't on the market
        Last edited by sam; 09-06-2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

on whos propeller gage do you use to get 12.937 and what part of the bade are you reading it at

Comment

Pitch Measurement & Pinner Prop

I believe the 12.937 pitch is a mean average of blade measurements of the forward-cupped surface (a series of measurements over an arc sweep of the blade surface) that Lee Tietze performs when he measures the pitch of each blade. Lee designed and made the propeller measurement tool. It employs a very good quality dial indicator gauge. I don't think he sells pitch measurement tools; it is his personal measurement unit.

I don't pretend to understand Lee's mathematical formulas or specific racing propeller design and technology applications like racing wheel experts (such as Pinner and Dewald). Lee uses a formula on his pocket calculator to get the pitch value. Lee also predicts a top speed for the prop on a particular racing motor at sea level. Lee is a very good machinist, a great friend, and a very experienced boat racer. I believe his measurements are quite accurate.

The Pinner prop I have seems very well balanced and the blades look very uniform in thickness and shape. I think it is a well-built prop. It is a bargain for $75! It probably wouldn't survive large river rocks... LOL

Al

Comment

Working...
            X