Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed

22ga. But the good thing is, it indicates you can have custom cones made, so I bet you could request a certain guage.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

So much for old memory's

I rarely post on Hydro-whiner just for this reason... but... corrections are in order.

{if my 60 year old memory serves me correctly, on several occasions for the past 2 years my 302 Yamato with worn out boat, body, and knees with BAD # 1 test pipes outran your 20% more cubic inch tricked out Merc C motor you got from Rich Fuchlien or Lloyd Mise so with that said I guess I'll see you in the first turn.}

Lets stick to the simple facts. First, I think someone needs to go look over the APBA Results in CMR for last 2 years to freshen up their memory. Also, I have raced 2 Merc powerheads in CMR. One Morris built and one Mise/Morris built.

Second. The Facts. We paid $600 for a B.A.D. pipe that simply did not work. When we let the "professionals" at B.A.D. know that the pipe did not preform well we expected they would take it back and rework it. Instead -as you can see from the highly professional attitudes they exude here - they blamed the poor performance of the pipe on us. It must be our motor or our boat or our set up or our driver (me).
      We sent the pipe back. For months we left messages and got to reply to our phone calls. In the meantime the racing season started, so I decided to race a Mercury instead. After several emails, getting a third party involved and still getting nowhere, I was told via email, I could have a refund. I said that would be great. Instead we received a reworked pipe that was left in our pit at a race by a third party with no other information. Anyone interested in it? I'll let it go cheap. (P.S. if anyone wants to dispute this I can post a copy of the saved emails here for all to see)
      Denice Morris, Caution woman driver

Comment

pipes

Okay this has gone far enough! Their is NO question that Brian does build the highest quality pipes that I have seen! If you can supply a detailed drawing Brian can build you exactly what you want without a question! He is not a genie. He can't magically come up with random pipe dimensions for randon engines without any specs. Without accurate test data from the engines running performance he cannot help you make changes! The process of the post is intended to be informational. People look for information and others check the post and add what information they can. It shouldn't be about bashing individuals for the information they have given. If you don't agree with what they have offered up don't utilize it. Their are numerous (PRO) racers that have thousands of dollars in pipes built by Brian without a single issue. Their are alot of us guys that actually race with tuned pipes that really appreciate Brian and his service! We need more poeple like him!!!!!!!!! We need to take responsibility for our own actions.

Derek Gesler

Comment

Well said Derek!!!!!!
          Now let's put this to bed.

Joe Johnson

Originally posted by Carbon Core View Post
          Okay this has gone far enough! Their is NO question that Brian does build the highest quality pipes that I have seen! If you can supply a detailed drawing Brian can build you exactly what you want without a question! He is not a genie. He can't magically come up with random pipe dimensions for randon engines without any specs. Without accurate test data from the engines running performance he cannot help you make changes! The process of the post is intended to be informational. People look for information and others check the post and add what information they can. It shouldn't be about bashing individuals for the information they have given. If you don't agree with what they have offered up don't utilize it. Their are numerous (PRO) racers that have thousands of dollars in pipes built by Brian without a single issue. Their are alot of us guys that actually race with tuned pipes that really appreciate Brian and his service! We need more poeple like him!!!!!!!!! We need to take responsibility for our own actions.

Derek Gesler

Comment

might try matt hes one of the best pipe builders in the biz

http://shearerpipes.com/

Comment

Does me make filler blocks for these motors?

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                Does me make filler blocks for these motors?
                im sure he can, he is game!

Comment

Working...
                X