Need 102 coil !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try Mike Ward in the UK

Try Mike Ward in the UK, he is the Yamato dealer in Europe.

www.YamatoRacing.co.uk

Good Luck.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

102 coil question. Why one of my coils have a Stainless Steel Core wire, And the other one has a SILICONE JACKETED WIRE. To me the steel wire wire has better spark. Or is there a difference.

Comment

plug wire

The steel wire is factory i think, and the silicone wire is were someone replaced the wire in the coil before. A lot of times when coils act up its just the plug wire and they can be replaced carefully.
        William Haddock
        111-F

Comment

The low down on wires

I'm with you on the thought, However some of the courses that the Yamatos are raced at in Japan have issues of radio interference with the solid wire so they use carbon fiber core wire.

You can install solid wire core wires in the coil, but you will have to be very careful, the wires are usually glued in with epoxy and will require the use of a dremel grinder to remove the old wire, also you have to be very careful not to damage the fine wire needle in the center of the coil wire hole as it will need to be in tack to insert into the new wire.

I do have replacement wire at $0.10/ inch.

Ric M.

Here's my new thought. Think I'll leave that one alone.

By the way. I just rebuilt my 102 I'm missing one thing a boat. I really like the looks of the Giles boat on here. It looks like the pugh I bout from RJ. Any comments on that. Or any other boats.

TY TK

Comment

Working...
          X