Need 102 coil !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 102 coil !!!!!!!

I have a new racer in dire need of a 102 coil so he can hit some races this year! He is saving for a new 302 but won't have the money for a year
    or so. Thanks for any help!
    Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

102 coil

Try

http://www.yamatoracing.net/

Also Tom Cronk may have some. Look at this forum top post
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

anyone else?
      Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone see the big picture problem here? We have a new guy with a serious issue here that many of us are going to have to deal with. I hope you find your coil and keep racing because this is a great environment to bring your family into. Unfortunately there are bumps in the road that we are trying to deal with to correct issues like this. Stay with it, it's worth the effort in the long run.
        John Runne
        2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

He is a little discouraged right now, but I'm going to make sure he sticks with it!

Comment

Coil Issue?

Chris,

What is the issue? Does it have an open circuit internally?
            17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

I know Bob Wartinger recently had an add to sell some of his 102's, which he has many. You might give him a try and see if he might have what you need
              Sean Byrne

Comment

Originally posted by 17W View Post
                Chris,

What is the issue? Does it have an open circuit internally?
                yes. The first coil went out a year ago and were lucky to find
                a replacement. This one went out just before the last race, but was
                able to run after TJ lent us one of his coils. Both had the same
                internal "shorting".

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 75F View Post
                  yes. The first coil went out a year ago and were lucky to find
                  a replacement. This one went out just before the last race, but was
                  able to run after TJ lent us one of his coils. Both had the same
                  internal "shorting".
                  I am actively seeking out a source or two that can rewind the 102 coils. But nothing definite yet. Believe me if one of them come thru, I will post where to send them to.
                  17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

If you do you'll be a hero!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 75F View Post
                      If you do you'll be a hero!
                      I second that
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

A APBA Stock Outboard Proposal

Although this is probably way to late, I thought I'd throw it out there after reading the postings concerning the new racer that is in need of a 102 coil.

YAMATO-102C & 302F SPECIFICATIOS (CLASS C)

Permissible Modifications

Current Rule;

18. It is permissible to use the Yamato Model 202 magneto on the Model 102.

Proposed Rule change;

18. It is permissible to use the Yamato Model 80, 101, 202 & 302 magneto on the Model 102. The top bearing assembly, starter rope plate and associated parts must match the magneto model used.

Or

18. It is permissible to use the Yamato Model 101, 202 & 302 magneto on the Model 102. The top bearing assembly, starter rope plate and associated parts must match the magneto model used.

Explanation;

This would allow an option for the 102 owners with coil failures. Also the owner’s of 102s that have converted their motors could sell their coils to another 102 owner in need of a coil.

Although I have no hard testing data, I believe there would be no performance advantage to either or both options.

As you may have noticed I added the model 101 magneto to the proposed rule, although there is no difference between a 101 and 102 magneto, I thought if one found a 101 for sale they would then know that they could use the 101 magneto on their 102.

NOTE; The use of a model 80 magneto would be an inexpensive option compared to the model 302 magneto, however the availability of model 302 magnetos and parts would be a more reliable option.

Comment

Originally posted by ricmontoya View Post

Although this is probably way to late, I thought I'd throw it out there after reading the postings concerning the new racer that is in need of a 102 coil.

Current Rule;

Proposed Rule change;

18. It is permissible to use the Yamato Model 80, 101, 202 & 302 magneto on the Model 102. The top bearing assembly, starter rope plate and associated parts must match the magneto model used.

Or

18. It is permissible to use the Yamato Model 101, 202 & 302 magneto on the Model 102. The top bearing assembly, starter rope plate and associated parts must match the magneto model used.

Explanation;

This would allow an option for the 102 owners with coil failures. Also the owner’s of 102s that have converted their motors could sell their coils to another 102 owner in need of a coil.

Although I have no hard testing data, I believe there would be no performance advantage to either or both options.

As you may have noticed I added the model 101 magneto to the proposed rule, although there is no difference between a 101 and 102 magneto, I thought if one found a 101 for sale they would then know that they could use the 101 magneto on their 102.

NOTE; The use of a model 80 magneto would be an inexpensive option compared to the model 302 magneto, however the availability of model 302 magnetos and parts would be a more reliable option.
                          I think this is a great idea. Thank you Ric.
                          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Ric,

Suggesting fixes to the 102 including using a 302 ignition on the motor is an unbelievable gesture of your passion to the sport as you are in the business of selling new motors.

The stubborn, stock mentality will probably kill your idea but I am really taken back with your generous thoughts.

Kudos!

Tim
                            Tim Weber

Comment

Originally posted by ricmontoya View Post

Current Rule;

Proposed Rule change;

Or

Explanation;

in the stock category I DO NOT see this as a good idea, but for MOD.................YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Submit that idea to JDub to present!!
                              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X