No announcement yet.

Yamato 102-302 Mod Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you saying that you can run a head in Cmod that can not be run in CSH? steve
    yes, here are the exact numbers copied from the 2009 Tech manuals:

Mod Outboard Tech Manual:

It is permissible to mill the cylinder head. Motors must meet the cc specifications. No combustion chamber shape or configuration changes except for volume are permitted. It is allowable to machine the squish band on both Models 102 and 302 cylinder heads (18 mm and 14 mm provided the new dimension H equals 2.597 – 2.627 and H1 equals 13 degrees min to 17 degree max angle are adhered to. A detectible edge must surround the squish band.

Stock Outboard Tech Manual

It is permissible to mill the cylinder head within the H and I dimensions. No changes may be made to the combustion chamber. It is legal to re machining of squish band for repair purposes only angle 15° ± 2°, 2.612 ± 0.015 for Y-102 and Y-302 engines. There must be a visible ledge surrounding the squish band.
    The written dimensions are exactly the same in both manuals, but the H dimension measures different things in the actual diagrams. Basically, there is no spec in Mod for the total thickness of the head which is the Stock Outboard H dimension. In Mod its just diameter (H dimension) and angle of the ***bustion chamber. As long as it meets CC's and has a detectable edge. The CC's are the same in Mod and Stock: 18mm 26.0cc's and 14mm 25.5 cc's.

There are plenty of spare CC's to play with if you have a warped Stock Outboard head that is allready at the min Stock Outboard spec (H dimension)

For more clarification look at the tech manuals available at the APBA website in the downloads section

BW
    Last edited by B Walker; 04-13-2009, 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling and clarity
    302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

buy one..............

Cmod is a great ride!!!!!!
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
        Cmod is a great ride!!!!!!

Cmod at Newberg
        Attached Files
        Sean Byrne

Comment

Originally posted by seanp3 View Post
          Cmod at Newberg
          nice picture Sean! I'm getting a little tired of chasing that Maroney guy!!!
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

order up!

buy buy buy!!!
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

would the chamber work on a 25 mercury? are have any that close not in to racing just looking to go fast
              www.youtube.com/trollfromthebyu
              Adam Verrett
              Morgan City, La

Comment

Originally posted by machinedcomp View Post
                Yamato 102-302 Expansion Chamber Kit
                Includes: exhaust cover, Steel elbo, Chamber, Folding steering bar, Pipe ring and support bars. Everything is Anodized black or Nickel plated for protection. Header is setup to run a fixed pipe or slide 3.5". Chamber design is proven and very competitive. Pictured is a 302 I just finished. I do have a 102 kit on the shelf (someone ordered then never returned my calls) $1000.00 + shipping.
                Just bought one and Lees tower is ordered. Thanks for the nice work again Lee Now we need to get some more folks to buy some.
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Mike

is that going on your 102 or the 302?
                  Sean Byrne

Comment

Originally posted by seanp3 View Post
                    Mike

is that going on your 102 or the 302?
                    Going on the new bad boy 302. All of the goodies including the tower when they get caught up. Right now I will run with the stock tower but a custom one is in the works. Now I am building a new boat just for C Mod

Comment

Chris 75F

yamato 102-302 expansion chamber kit
                      includes: Exhaust cover, steel elbo, chamber, folding steering bar, pipe ring and support bars. Everything is anodized black or nickel plated for protection. Header is setup to run a fixed pipe or slide 3.5". Chamber design is proven and very competitive. Pictured is a 302 i just finished. I do have a 102 kit on the shelf (someone ordered then never returned my calls) $1000.00 + shipping.
                      try this

Comment

Lee has now sold all the C Mod pipe stuff to Dudley Malone

Comment

Oh ya??????????????????

Originally posted by blueskyracer;18 0616
                          Lee has now sold all the C Mod pipe stuff to Dudley Malone
                          I do not believe there was a question !!!!!!!!!!!!

I was trying to send some one the pictures at the top of the thread and I send the whole to the top of new post sorry about that. steve

Comment

Originally posted by QUINAULTRACING View Post
                            I do not believe there was a question !!!!!!!!!!!!

I was trying to send some one the pictures at the top of the thread and I send the whole to the top of new post sorry about that. steve
                            No problem. Just thought some folks did not know. He does still sell the towers and all of his other hardware.

Comment

Yamato 102-302 Expansion Chamber Kit
                              Includes: exhaust cover, Steel elbo, Chamber, Folding steering bar, Pipe ring and support bars. Everything is Anodized black or Nickel plated for protection. Header is setup to run a fixed pipe or slide 3.5". Chamber design is proven and very competitive. Pictured is a 302 I just finished. I do have a 102 kit on the shelf (someone ordered then never returned my calls) $1000.00 + shipping.
                              Interest'd....will you take a trade in?....can ship for yer inspection....you tell me difference?
                              100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Originally posted by trollfromthebyu View Post
                                would the chamber work on a 25 mercury? are have any that close not in to racing just looking to go fast
                                www.youtube.com/trollfromthebyu
                                This is a loop charged 25XD right?.....You have a meg with filler and side cover?.......should be able to add a chamber....no problem.

I have a 302/202D pipe that will/should fit your (bayer?) elbow......It is a tad heavy for my rig.........would work well on your convert'd sea-doo-jet/ski.
                                Could lose some wieght in a lathe with wood plugs for centers to turn/shave weight off champer/pipe

$100 and I will box this weekend...........address?

Need fuel money for Winter Nationals next week

Regards,
                                100N/Steve French
                                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
                                X