Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamato 102-302 Mod Kit

Yamato 102-302 Expansion Chamber Kit
    Includes: exhaust cover, Steel elbo, Chamber, Folding steering bar, Pipe ring and support bars. Everything is Anodized black or Nickel plated for protection. Header is setup to run a fixed pipe or slide 3.5". Chamber design is proven and very competitive. Pictured is a 302 I just finished. I do have a 102 kit on the shelf (someone ordered then never returned my calls) $1000.00 + shipping.
    Attached Files
    Lee Tietze
    Machined Components
    Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Nice!

Originally posted by machinedcomp View Post
    Yamato 102-302 Expansion Chamber Kit
    Includes: exhaust cover, Steel elbo, Chamber, Folding steering bar, Pipe ring and support bars. Everything is Anodized black or Nickel plated for protection. Header is setup to run a fixed pipe or slide 3.5". Chamber design is proven and very competitive. Pictured is a 302 I just finished. I do have a 102 kit on the shelf (someone ordered then never returned my calls) $1000.00 + shipping.
    thanks for making this kit available Lee. Come on all you future Cmod (500cc) racers.........buy one of these kits and go racing............

PS: what kind of gasket/seal are you using where the pipe slides up against the header tube? I need one..........
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

very nice!
      Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

Chamber: Cushion/sealer

Daren,
        I use a Silicone O'ring between the header flange and the Chamber.
        There not affected by the heat or fuel. I've been using them for head gaskets for years in my Pro stuff. My new 250 engine has them to seal everything, Heads, Exhaust headers, Reed cages and even the engine case. I have the Oring you need in my trailer, I'll just give you one at our next race.
        Lee Tietze
        Machined Components
        Aluminum, Try Racing Without It!

Comment

Originally posted by machinedcomp View Post
          Daren,
          I use a Silicone O'ring between the header flange and the Chamber.
          There not affected by the heat or fuel. I've been using them for head gaskets for years in my Pro stuff. My new 250 engine has them to seal everything, Heads, Exhaust headers, Reed cages and even the engine case. I have the Oring you need in my trailer, I'll just give you one at our next race.
          GREAT, thanks Lee! Gonna try and run the Cmod at Mossyrock............as soon as I get that little gremlin fixed that shuts the motor off at high speed!!!

you guys gonna run 250's there??
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Cmod

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
            GREAT, thanks Lee! Gonna try and run the Cmod at Mossyrock............as soon as I get that little gremlin fixed that shuts the motor off at high speed!!!

you guys gonna run 250's there??
            Darren, I thought you were just shutting it down because you were going too fast
            Maroney Racing

Comment

Originally posted by JBM View Post
              Darren, I thought you were just shutting it down because you were going too fast
              ya, thats it!! I did not wanna push the boat over 80MPH!
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Lee

the one you have pictured, do you run the standard gearfoot or something else?
                Sean Byrne

Comment

Tj

I sent Tom Johnson a new gear case, Tietze nosecone, and Tietze propshaft. Steve 22-R

Comment

from a-z what is all involved in turning a stock 102 into a mod? is it just bolt ons or is it internal work too?
                    William Haddock
                    111-F

Comment

Originally posted by V-racer View Post
                      from a-z what is all involved in turning a stock 102 into a mod? is it just bolt ons or is it internal work too?

powerhead wise, it is pretty much a "bolt on" deal. You are allowed to drill oil holes in the rods for mod, but if you ever plan to run the motor in stock again, I would not bother, as it is not legal in stock. You are still held to the ''stock" blueprinting specs, with exeption of a few minor details. You do have options of the tower and addition of a low water pickup (or nosecone) on the Yamato 102/302 foot used, to allow better cooling options..........here is a lower unit with the Tietze nosecone added........it can also be removed (epoxied on) later down the road, if you want to convert the lower unit back to stock also....

I'm not sure how Lee routes the water from the lower unit to the stock tower ...............Lee, do you run it to the "nipple" on the rear of the tower?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mercguy; 04-12-2009, 08:42 AM.
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

This power head

Originally posted by BOATNIK View Post
                        very nice!
                        Hey Chris this is the Brent Backus power head. Yours I will run CSR. Thanks again Steve

Comment

I think there are only 2 significant powerhead modifications allowed for a Modified Yamato vs a Stock Yamato powerhead:

There is no measurement on reed stop height.

The CC's on the head are slightly lower.

BW
                          Last edited by B Walker; 04-13-2009, 01:04 PM.
                          302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Head?

Originally posted by B Walker View Post
                            I think there are only 2 significant powerhead modifications allowed for a Modified Yamato vs a Stock Yamato powerhead:

There is no measurement on reed stop height.

The CC's on the head are slightly lower.

BW
                            Are you saying that you can run a head in Cmod that can not be run in CSH? steve

Comment

Originally posted by QUINAULTRACING View Post
                              Are you saying that you can run a head in Cmod that can not be run in CSH? steve
                              Steve, just get the motor together and ready for Mayfield!!! We need you there with your 500mod.......
                              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X