Revolution DMR 'El Cohete'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merc1 View Post
    David! Why don't you ask some of my regular competitors about my SO CALLED ADVANTAGE! Fred Hauenstein, Steve Johnson, Rod Terzinski and others.... Do you think these guys are going to quit because their boats are heavier than mine?! You are living in a FOG my friend! Your assumption of 100+ lbs heavier is exactly that B S! Why don't you check some results before you spout off?! All 3 of the drivers I have mentioned have done extremely well at the National Championships over the last few years! Also I see that Fred has got one of these ordered, so now he will be lighter than I am.... am I going to cry about it and quit? I don't think so! THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK NEXT TIME!

Joe Franck
    Don't git yur pantiez in a wad! I may not have chosen my words carefully enough but you get my drift. I'm not trying to piss off anyone or start an argument with anyone. I don't have a horse in this race.

So.... Your light weight and slow? Sounds like you need to work on motors, props, and set up and take advantage of weighing less than your competitors.

Lighter is not a "SO CALLED ADVANTAGE". It IS an advantage. That's pure physics. Throw a light weight guy out there with some good equipment and decent driving ability and the potential for him to dominate is there. That's not good. The minimum weights level the playing field for different size drivers with equal ability and equipment.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
      Greg had a great year last year and will probably have many more like it, but I doubt he is done learning ... Mr. Phil isn't done learning yet and he's been around almost as long as Greg and me put together
      so what does that have to do with the topic at hand Sam????????

Craig is just a **** good driver......PERIOD!!! I have the utmost of respect for him. I have been beaten by him and have beaten him before, but still......................lighter is better (and faster!)............

corner speed wins races and lighter rigs have better (faster) corner speeds...............

PS: I SAID......."I really do not think Greg needs to learn any more"..................NOT that he is done learning! I DON'T want him to learn any more.........

sorry Greg, just jokin with ya...........

PSS: you ever seen a 130lb FE driver?????? WOW!!!!!!!!! That boat is on rails!
      Last edited by mercguy; 03-02-2009, 01:21 PM.
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Sooooo, did we ever get around to a price? PM me if you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by propfxrO84 View Post
          Sooooo, did we ever get around to a price? PM me if you would like.

OK Brian, whatcha talkin' 'bout?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Hey David, I thought this thread started to sell one of these runabouts. I have been wanting one since I saw George Luce/ Jerry Davids run one (similar style boat) at Wakefield a couple of years ago. One of the best handling rigs I have ever seen.

Comment

I raced against Lonnie in fer all year and got smoked all year. If your looking for min weight ( I know y'all are talking about dmr) it's of my OPINION that it should only be instituted for safety purposes. Lonnie always drove very hard but rarely if ever was out of control. I'm 200 lbs. and have my work cut out for me this year. I'm relatively new to the sport and run fer and csr. I'm aprox. 15 lbs. over weight in c but still do well enough to be content with set up. Another OPINION of mine is that min weight rule is great for stocks where objective is level field. As far as mods are concerned there are way too many variables for 50 lbs. to make that big of difference. With that said I agree and will never argue simple physics and the FACT that around 100 lbs would be detrimental to achieving top possible speed. In short when these mods can no longer stay on the water yes institute min weight till then leave it alone. My OPINION only.

Comment

Another Point

Back a few years ago, when there were minimum weights in DMR (sorry, 750ccMR), we had trouble getting together a legal field (3 boats) at the nationals. When the weights were removed, the numbers started growing to where we now have eliminations at the nationals. So, it seems the drivers are voting with their participation.

As an engineer, it's obvious that weight DOES make a difference. That's why I ordered the El Cohete! At 220+ lbs, I have watched and supported the moves in the past to reinstate minimum weights and have finally conceded that it isn't going to happen. There are too many light-weight boats out there now.

Fred
                Fred Hauenstein

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Freddie View Post
                  Back a few years ago, when there were minimum weights in DMR (sorry, 750ccMR), we had trouble getting together a legal field (3 boats) at the nationals. When the weights were removed, the numbers started growing to where we now have eliminations at the nationals. So, it seems the drivers are voting with their participation.

As an engineer, it's obvious that weight DOES make a difference. That's why I ordered the El Cohete! At 220+ lbs, I have watched and supported the moves in the past to reinstate minimum weights and have finally conceded that it isn't going to happen. There are too many light-weight boats out there now.

Fred

sheez Fred, do you really need to go any faster????????
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Freddie View Post

Fred

cheers to light -weight, great handling "boats"
                    BOPP

Comment

Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
                      cheers to light -weight, great handling "boats"
                      just because you have a "horse jocky" piloting your rigs.........

Team Air Bryne

now I gotta build a motor with twice the horsepower you guys have to make up for my 100lb difference!!!!!
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I sill like the "woodies."

Last edited by Kevin McAfee; 03-02-2009, 04:13 PM.
                        "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

Hey, your motor is on crooked. I've never seen a D-mod powerhead mounted like that. Sort of cool!

Tim
                          Tim Weber

Comment

Probably never will again. Larry Mac took many many hours figuring all that out. With custom home made headers/pipes/ filler block/ tower housing the list goes on and on. Seems like you change one thing and it effects everything, even down to the throttle hook up.
                            "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

Nice job Kevin looks good will see you in a couple weeks.
                              Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

I agree There

Originally posted by sam View Post
                                Greg had a great year last year and will probably have many more like it, but I doubt he is done learning ... Mr. Phil isn't done learning yet and he's been around almost as long as Greg and me put together
                                Sam, you nailed that one. There is not one racer on thisplanet that could not learn more............... We all learn everytime we race or test. If you stop learning, it is probably time to hang it up.
                                Dave Mason
                                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                                X