No announcement yet.

Revolution DMR 'El Cohete'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David! Why don't you ask some of my regular competitors about my SO CALLED ADVANTAGE! Fred Hauenstein, Steve Johnson, Rod Terzinski and others.... Do you think these guys are going to quit because their boats are heavier than mine?! You are living in a FOG my friend! Your assumption of 100+ lbs heavier is exactly that B S! Why don't you check some results before you spout off?! All 3 of the drivers I have mentioned have done extremely well at the National Championships over the last few years! Also I see that Fred has got one of these ordered, so now he will be lighter than I am.... am I going to cry about it and quit? I don't think so! THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK NEXT TIME!

Joe Franck
    Last edited by Merc1; 03-01-2009, 09:16 PM.

Comment

In c-mod runabout with a merc, 35 lbs =2mph allways has always will. Ralph

Comment

Well to all in general:

It seems everyone agrees weight makes your job harder so not voting for a Reasonable weight limit could only mean two things.... you don't like to pick up 500lb boats or you don't like more people in the hunt every weekend.

It is clear heavy guys can win and fat guys can go fast but there is absolutely no reason to have two unrestricted weight classes. The 750 class is the non-OMC formula class now.

I am for the carbon boats, But I will be building wood for a long time. I like having 90% of my equipment built and maintenance by the owner. This is not a carbon or wood debate it is a competition issue.

A reasonable weight is what we need to find. Who has the lightest rig in the 750 class? I know Bobby and I are not in the running here...

Oh, and I will be at the winter national racing for all the "Full Figured" guys everywhere! Hellooooo... chubby chasers!!!!

Comment

I'm confused ... exactly what class(es) are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Morris85C View Post
            No what that means is if you are a 100 lbs over weight you have to do your home work to make up the difference First thing I WOULD try is putting a little smaller prop on Brian..."
            I have been doing my homework and writing checks... the problem is you are still doing your homework. If everyone is else stopped working this would be true. This is not the Brian wants to win and does not like 2nd and 3rd places. This is a real issue about not wanting to go 85mph in a runabout. I have not broke the 80 mark yet but I am getting there....

I care about the class and want to see health reasonable growth. It is a fantastic class. Testing will always win races but if you have little chance of ever winning why would you join this class? I want to show up to any race in the country and race 750R.

Here are the Stats from 37 participants:
            05360 - 750CCMR
            Rank Boat # Name City,State Races Total Points
            1 GEORGE LUCE [EAST QUOGUE, NY] 10 5250
            2 LONNIE MORRIS [STOCKTON, CA] 14 4650
            3 DENICE MORRIS [STOCKTON, CA] 13 4175
            4 BRIAN CAFARELLI [PORTAGE, MI] 13 3845
            5 JERRY DAVIDS [MANTEO, NC] 9 3325
            6 ROBERT LAWS [XENIA, OH] 7 2810
            7 DAVID MASON [BATTLE CREEK, MI] 9 2807
            8 FRED HAUENSTEIN JR [OSHKOSH, WI] 9 2625
            9 TROY CHRISTIE [SAN JOSE, CA] 11 2400
            10 RODNEY TERZINSKI [RHINELANDER, WI] 9 2175

My results:

Points Details for BRIAN CAFARELLI Class 750CCMR
            Sanction Type Rank Points
            2008-04-26 Millville, NJ 3 225
            2008-04-27 Millville, NJ 3 225
            2008-05-24 Burlington, WI 2 300
            2008-05-25 Burlington, WI 3 225
            2008-06-07 Huntington, IN 3 225
            2008-06-08 Huntington, IN DNS 0 (start of Motor issues)
            2008-07-12 Zanesville, OH DIVISIONAL 2 600
            2008-07-13 Zanesville, OH 3 225 (Motor issues)
            2008-08-07 Whitney Point, NY 6 95(Motor issues)
            2008-08-08 Whitney Point, NY NATIONAL DNS 0 (Motor issues)
            2008-08-23 Dayton, OH 1 400 No motor issues
            2008-08-24 Dayton, OH 1 400
            2008-09-05 Hillsdale, MI 3 225 Dumb driver!
            2008-09-06 Hillsdale, MI 2 300
            2008-09-07 Hillsdale, MI 1 400

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
              I'm confused ... exactly what class(es) are you talking about?

I am talking about 750r.

Comment

It sounds like ive upset a few peopel out there for this im very sorry was not meaning to do that my boat that i run weighs 455 my old boat weight 480 i did not see a speed lost in lap times sorry but is true I would love to run at an mbra race i like raceing with new peopel ive never met befor only red about that would be fun mybe i can hook up with dave nicels an come race with you guys if you guys what a weight in dmod R wright to your comis an get it put on the bailet talk to you later see you in the first turn morris85c
                Lonnie Morris

Comment

Huh ?

Craig Bowman hasn't been at as many races as he used to run, but you'd have to explain all the skinny kids right on weight that finished behind him over the past decade to prove me 100% wrong.
                  Now I think you are blowing smoke. Bowman builds his own boats, he has an advantage in design, and he has experience. YEARS and YEARS of experience. Can you verify how much he is overweight in CSR at each race ? Then you need to run calcs on percentages overweight and compare them to the weights of the so called skinny kids. You can't simply base fact on the fact Bowman has won a lot. You can't argue simple phyics, maybe quantam physics, but not simple physics.

If I put a smaller guy in my FEH it goes very very fast. The boat weighs 155 pounds and the engine is around 130 pounds if I remember right. We did a comparission one time testing, I went out, then Dad went out, then Shaun went out. You should know that top end on a average size course was very different. I always thought ET would be improved, but it also impacted top speed on the size courses we typically run. Now at Whitney point last year, you could have been 1000 pounds heavy and still had the same top end. It was a very long course.
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

So ... "some people" can race over weight, but others can't? That has been repeated to me twice now.

Last I knew he would build anyone a Broccoli runabout, that nulls out the boat. Craig ran that one boat for years, he wasn't updating it constantly or changing out every year or so that I could tell.

I do think there is something special about his driving style, but I think it can be copied by others and I never see anyone but him doing it. I think the same style could make a lighter driver even faster. PM me if you want me to tell, just watch him in a heat of CSR if you want to see for yourself.
                    Last edited by sam; 03-02-2009, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Sam I guess you never watched a BSR race they are all roll up boats as that is what is allowed with the rules. Craig is about the only one that runs a roll up in CSR and that is the different driving style from almost anyone else now.
                      Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                        Sam I guess you never watched a BSR race they are all roll up boats as that is what is allowed with the rules. Craig is about the only one that runs a roll up in CSR and that is the different driving style from almost anyone else now.
                        Nope, there is something else - separate from the roll up. Something he does on the straights that no one else does. I've watched the B's rolling up plenty of times ...
                        Last edited by sam; 03-02-2009, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Sam, just stick to hydros.
                          Future J dad!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
                            Sam, just stick to hydros.

If you don't want to learn anything ... that's up to you

Comment

If you don't want to learn anything ... that's up to you
                              I really do not think Greg needs to learn any more................he's already on the top of 25/CSR!!! The numbers on the side of his runabouts say it all..........
                              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Greg had a great year last year and will probably have many more like it, but I doubt he is done learning ... Mr. Phil isn't done learning yet and he's been around almost as long as Greg and me put together

Comment

Working...
                                X