No announcement yet.

Tohatsu parts For Competition Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh? I thought that cowl was for your OTHER motor. You know..., the one yer putting together to run in D-mod..... right??? Face it Jeff, It's hopeless.., Daren can smell a spray-can paint job.... what he can't handle is the fact that some of them look sooooo goood! Especially when one uses that GEN U WINE Tohatsu paint, or Merc's phantom black.

Comment

What is a "Thundercat?
      Any pics?
      Sounds ...COOL!

Originally posted by teamwalesthundercat View Post
      hey im new to this i race a thundercat in the uk can you tell me if the 70hp carbs wil give me any improvement in power there is a site i have been lookin on which has a m50 d2 with mods and i am after some info on the best way to tune the motor can you also tell me if solid carb butterflies can improve performance if so what do the carbs need to be rejetted to we run a standard shortshaft leg and gearbox to confirm with rulings here please send reply to teamwales@live.co.uk if poss
      Cheers

Duncan
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Tohatsu mods.

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
        Duncan,
        Just wondering if you got the pm I sent. Also, do you recall the site you were viewing for the M50 mods?
        Alex
        netohatsu@myfairpoint.net
        Hey Alex, Duncan may have been viewing one of my web pages. No mods done by our standards. But not "stock" as viewed by an outsider:
        http://jeff55v.tripod.com/id33.html

Also Alex, My motor looks great with a new cowl on it again. I'll put some floatation in this one so I don't lose it!
        I'll be looking good at the Musatine boat show next month. I'll post some pictures.
        Thanks for your help.

Comment

Cowling Tees

Hey Alex, I wanted to thank you for the new cowling tees. I installed them in minutes thanks to your instruction sheet. They should do a good job of keeping the top cowl in place in the unlikely event of a crash.
          The T's are a lot cheaper than a top cowl.
          Also, there's the duckbill drain I got from Brian Cafarelli.

Comment

Yo... Bonzai kemosabi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH View Post
              What is a "Thundercat?
              Any pics?
              Sounds ...COOL!
              If a picture's worth a thousand words...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgHeBtcG6PY

Hey Alex, I'm still considering weather or not to tear my Tohatsu down for a freshening up. Four marathons, a short coarse nat's, many heats of racing, and still going strong. Just needs reeds once a season ( and those take me about 30 minutes to install)
              I'll keep you posted.
              I'm very satisfied with the Bass/Tohatsu motor. I'm also very happy with the service you provide for my replacement parts odds and ends.

Comment

+Free lunch

If you pick up your parts in person you get a cup of chowder ( small) and a ham sandwich included!!! What a deal !!!!!

Comment

what is a good accurate tach with recall and where to get one

Comment

That deck rider in the Thundercat race I hope his speedo was made of kevlar & certified
                    Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
                    The eh TEAM
                    "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Comment

Parts needed

Hey Alex, you have a PM with a list of parts I need to buy for my Tohatsu.
                      Let me know when it's a good time to call so we can chat about this stuff.

Thanks much.

Comment

Another motor.

Alex, I've given our phone conversation some thought. When you have a chance, Email an estimate to me for a shortblock and the "complete it" kit you were working on. I think this might be the best way to get what I want.

yungracer@sbcglobal.net
                        Thanks!

Comment

Tohatsu

alex is the best........I have found that I am getting about 10-12 heats out of Boysen reeds...not the best thing in the world..but oh well. Maybe the 2 stage reeds last a little longer? Who knows. Daveracer. 56R

Comment

Tohatsu Crate motor..ie 'create motor'.

Jeff,
                            No swettski... "For Competition Only",... we can come up with a 'create motor' (pronounced CRATE) which you can bolt onto your racing tower/gearfoot. I'm working on the parts list and the price.
                            Alex
                            Phone: 207-737-4570
                            email: netohatsu@myfairpoint.net

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
                            Alex, I've given our phone conversation some thought. When you have a chance, Email an estimate to me for a shortblock and the "complete it" kit you were working on. I think this might be the best way to get what I want.

yungracer@sbcglobal.net
                            Thanks!

Comment

Tohatsu reeds

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                              alex is the best........I have found that I am getting about 10-12 heats out of Boysen reeds...not the best thing in the world..but oh well. Maybe the 2 stage reeds last a little longer? Who knows. Daveracer. 56R
                              Dave,
                              I appreciate your input. You should be receiving the set of T32"R" dual stage Power Reeds we spoke about. They are slightly thicker than the T32 reeds. Let me know how they work out.

Alex
                              email: netohatsu@myfairpoint.net
                              phone: 207-737-4570

Comment

Reeds

Just got the new set of reeds today...I am a little confused...why are they called 2 stage reeds? I checked them....and they are quite a bit thicker....interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X