DMOD Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMOD Tower

Anyone out there have any 8" tall mod tower housings for a Merc Mark 58 Racing Powerhead. Let me know have had great replies to original thread, thanks but really need smaller than 12" or 10" any help appreciated looking for used part.............

Bass Machines Tower

Our tower is 8.5-inches and Sid will cut to fit a MK58. You can use any old Mercury saddle with a 1-inch swivel pin. We do not have any used housings, only new ones. Not cheep but built tough.
    Neil Bass

Comment

I have a 8 1/2" tower, Bracket, clamps, and chrome steering bars
      $250,

Comment

OUPOORSOUL, that is a great deal. Better buy it now! And, good luck with your D-mod venture.
        Neil Bass
        Last edited by nbass; 02-22-2008, 04:31 PM. Reason: poor spelling

Comment

Another Option

If you have a long stick tower, and want a short one, cut it down. If you know a good welder and machinist it is not to hard. I did that to a couple old long Parker towers. You have to mill out the saddle as well to accomodate the shorter tower. I imagine it would cost a lot less than even the used short tower, but a lot less hassle would be to buy that used one and bolt it on and go racing.
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

for no more speed gain and not much better handling gain it is not hardly worth the effort in my opinon

i ran tall towers for years when every 1 was going to the short towers and back then had np winning my fair share of races

there is some small handling advantages but not enough in my experience to say its worth all the work and cost to have a short 1

if i had not bought some used equipment (boat and motors) that already had the short towers i would have looked for and been happy with the stock height towers for sure

contact cliff johnson or eric vanover they are making short towers steve rosikowski also makes a nice short tower, the bass towers look good too if you still want them

just food for thought

Randy
            Last edited by RandY Aveline; 02-26-2008, 04:49 PM. Reason: adding more info
            Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

hey randy drop me a line please frank

Comment

ya frank Smoker_49@hotmail.com

is my email address feel free to mail me

Randy
                Pure of heart : Outlaw by nature

"choice not chance determines destiny"

"the race is never quite over , the course is never quite ours"

how many years must a man pay for mistakes he did not make?

here is a link of a little bit of Randy s racing history and a tribute to the late Ken Krier to learn more click the link

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...221#post107221

Comment

hey randy shoot me a call please 248-727-4260 thanks frank

Comment

Working...
                  X