Where to get a good gas can.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get a good gas can.

Is there any place I can get a GOOD gas can? I don't want one of those store bought cans that have the stupid spill proof spout that spills all over the place. Just a regular old fashioned can, metal or plastic with a free flowing hose......

NAPA sells repair spouts for "water "cans : they magically fit the New gas cans

Comment

• Dave Cofone
      Dave Cofone commented
      Editing a comment
      Imagine that.....thanks so much.....

I bought a VP jug from JEGS.

Comment

I just saw replacement spouts at Menards. They have the old school vent in the package as well. It is probably a felony to use one in California!!

Steve

Comment

Get a VP 3 gallon square can. Build a pour tube with integrated valve and lose the funnel. Right size and vented.
        11P Joe Sees III

Comment

• dwhitford
          dwhitford commented
          Editing a comment
          The only reason Av gas is better is longevity, in case you need to store it more than a year. Actually, at its normal 100 octane, it wont yield as much heat (translated into horsepower) as regular unleaded, non-ethanol pump gasoline..

• Dave Cofone
          Dave Cofone commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear you, but I thought the only place I can get clean gas with no alcohol in it was at the local airport.....?

• dwhitford
          dwhitford commented
          Editing a comment
          Check the pure-gas.org website for a definitive list of all stations in the USA and Canada that sell ethanol-free gasoline. You can normally find 87 and 92 octane pure gasolines available.somewhere other than at airports.

Go with the best..............TRACTOR SUPPLY has 'No Spill" plastic gas cans. Easy Peasy
        Attached Files

Comment

Tuffjug.com - Get the Ripper cap (very easy to use with the gravity fuel tank on a Yamato) with the 10L can (2.5g, easier to lift after a day of racing).

If you use a Spud Hemp style tanks with a narrower spout, the Matrix M3 Utility can is a fun option.
          http://vitalire.com/

Comment

I like the Eagle gas can. It's steel, doesn't crack, drip or leak. No fumes if you have to carry it in a passenger compartment. I've had the same can for about 10 years now. I bought mine at the local hardware store, back before my state (California) made them illegal.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...%2520Flyer.pdf

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004Y75M/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_z1UACbJEEH4F4
            Last edited by halestorm; 02-18-2019, 10:48 AM.
            Dave
            42-C

Comment

• Dave Cofone
              Dave Cofone commented
              Editing a comment
              Now THAT is a gas can.......

• Matt Dagostino
              Matt Dagostino commented
              Editing a comment
              Dave.....i found with those cans (also at Tractor Supply) that while they seal well they are exactly 5 gallons and i couldn't get a quart of oil in them......

• halestorm
              halestorm commented
              Editing a comment
              That's right Matt. Fill to no more than 4.5 gal of gas when mixing.

Riblet Plastics in Indiana. Rotational mold. These were great cans.

Comment

https://www.summitracing.com/oh/sear...p%20fuel%20jug

Plenty of colors to pick from, the fuel neck is sold separately, don't forget to buy one with the jug of your choice.
              Ryan Brewster 57-S

Comment

I just go to Joe Pater's trailer for fuel
                "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

• dil/viller
                  dil/viller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  now that there is funny !!

Get a metal can to store the fuel in. With a plastic can the fuel off gases through the plastic and loses a lot of its properties. We keep ours in a metal 5 gallon can and transfer it to the no spill 2.5 gallon plastic can at the race site for ease. By transferring you can also add the oil first and as you pour gas into the 2.5 plastic it helps mix the oil & fuel as you go
                444-B now 4-F
                Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

I like the No-Spill like Matt
                  http://www.nospill.com/
                  they actually work right and pour at a good rate

Comment

Working...
                  X