Classes and weights confusion....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classes and weights confusion....

I just read that BSH minimum weight has been raised from 420 to 430 lbs. From what I have read on APBA site and other club sites the class rules are all over the place. Some say minimum weight of between 365 and 400. Also there is conflict on what engine is allowed in what class. No mention of a Y-80 for 20ssh on one site but included on another. Since I have a boat, motor (Y-80) and soon to be delivered Prop I am doing a bit of head scratching as to what classes I am legal to run in and what minimum weights are in those classes.......

Dave,

The only place you need to look is on the APBA website, under resources and then rule books.

Rules for BSH are found in the Tech Manual -
    https://www.apba.org/sites/all/files...1-13-19%29.pdf
    Shawn Breisacher

Comment

As the SORC reviews rule proposals the actual filename will update with the newest revision.

The folder containing all four Stock rulebooks is located at:

https://www.apba.org/resources/stock...cal-rules-2106

Comment

Your good for 20ssh and BSH.
        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Dave,
          You can race both 20ssH and BSH with your Y80 at 400 lbs. Both have a 1/2" height rule, meaning the center of the propshaft needs to be 1/2" below the bottom of the boat.

Good choice with BSH and 20ssH. You will enjoy them both!

- Mike

Comment

Dave, As stated above, review the class rules from the Tech manuals on the APBA site only. Sometimes rules listed on club sites are not correct.

Comment

Dave the weight change you quoted is for the Mercury 25xs in the BSH class not the Y80.
              444-B now 4-F
              Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Working...
              X