No announcement yet.

Looking for some advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,, I like being in public with chubby girls...
    Won't comment on the ride though.

Comment

The REAL drivers are racing runabouts in the "World's Toughest Outboard Race" this weekend at the Top O' Michigan! It's an amazing race! Nobody can take anything away from the drivers in that event. They're all tough as nails.
      Last edited by jeff55v; 08-17-2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

any one can drive a hydro!!

Comment

At 240 lbs. it would be very difficult to be competitive in CSH. CSR would make much more sense, although they are more of a challenge master. There are some great resources in your area, so acquiring equipment and mentors would not be difficult.
          John Runne
          2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

302ssh

When you contact MHRA Racing Club in Michigan look into the new 302ssh BOX STOCK class...........you might have to shed a few pounds but it would be a great place for you to start!

Comment

I'm working on shedding some lbs. 200 seems like it would be a better weight for a hydro. I am still leaning towards a runabout first and maybe down the road picking up a hydro. When looking for a boat are there any makes that are better than others. What is the difference in a csr boat and a marathon csr? Could one be used for both types of races?

Comment

Runabouts

Originally posted by ScottyJ98 View Post
                I'm working on shedding some lbs. 200 seems like it would be a better weight for a hydro. I am still leaning towards a runabout first and maybe down the road picking up a hydro. When looking for a boat are there any makes that are better than others. What is the difference in a csr boat and a marathon csr? Could one be used for both types of races?
                Marathon boats can turn right, whereas normal circuit boats can only turn left.
                Marathon boats can be used for circuit racing, although (depending on what you buy) they may be heavy and not very competitive. But has i said, it depends on what you buy/build, i personally am running my marathon boat in CSR untill my circuit boat is done. In order to be competitive, you will most likley want a side fin CSR.
                To the Hydro v Runabout deal. I as a new driver feel more safe in my runabout than my hydro. But thats just me.
                Hope I helped!

Comment

I also ran my marathon boat in closed course races when I first started, it was all I had. I wasn't competitive but gained experience in closed course racing. I soon got a side fin boat and things got to be a lot more fun. Marathon boats have their place but closed course racing isn't one of them.
                  kk

Comment

A hydro is a runabout with training wheels.

Comment

Scott,
                      Hello-I am a rookie this year, live in your area and share your height and weight. I did the MHRA race school, learned a lot about the boats and weight classes. I got into the Dsr and DSR-marathon. I just finished the most grueling boat marathon in the world- Top-O- Michigan. I couldn't have payed a trainer to beat me up that bad, yet it was one of my most memorable life experiences-I can't wait until next year. I did get D-qued on a measurement, but enjoyed the race anyway. If I could afford to do both hydro and runabout right now I would. Go to grass lake and walk the pits you will learn a lot. feel free to give me a call.
                      Paul

Comment

Scott, Meet some people at Grass lake. You will find all the help you need. As for hydro or runabout...Run what YOU want to run. If you go with a 302 motor.. You can run both hydro and runabout. They usually split them up so you have time to change from one boat to the other. Its also a motor you can modify very easy if thats where the road takes you. Try and meet Tom Johnston. Good luck
                        Last edited by DiGia54D; 08-20-2013, 11:03 AM.
                        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Grass Lake

Scott,

We are unfortunately full for the Grass Lake Racer School - however, come down to the races on Saturday, Sunday, or both days and come meet some us local (and non-local) racers.

Please come to the judges stand (where the clock will be at) and introduce yourself - some of the people with who you are chatting with here on hydroracer will be in attendance, including myself.

Feel free to stop by and chat - we are more than happy to point you in the direction of some good, affordable, competitive equipment for the style of racing which you prefer.

Elek Hutchinson
                          36M
                          Elek Hutchinson
                          36M

Comment

Working...
                          X