Why the pickel fork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bobby thortons lobster boat

i remember the lobster boat. our club had a display set up at the columbia mall in maryland in 72 and bobby had his lobster boat there. he had lobster claws painted on the top of the sponsons. what a boat and what a character bobby thorton was. i remember one race and he had one of his old 4 cly omc engines. not sure which one but it was running backwards. then to add insult to injury he couldn't stop it. he pulled the plug wires off and it was still running. he had to put water in the carb to stop it.

frank

Comment

I wonder if anyone has pictures of that boat?

Comment

Square nose

Originally posted by hydroman6 View Post
        Skeet Phillips sent me this old photo, angin from the '80 ?? Nats in Dayton of the Marcell kids and Jeff Reins in my DSH. Pete
        The Boat just over the top of Tom Marcells head is a square nose boat.

Comment

Field Mouse

Originally posted by hydroman6 View Post
          Skeet Phillips sent me this old photo, angin from the '80 ?? Nats in Dayton of the Marcell kids and Jeff Reins in my DSH. Pete
          The gentleman squatting down on the right is Steve "Field Mouse" Peterson.

Comment

Great old pic! Seems just like yesterday....thanks for the memories.

Comment

The first pickle I remember was a DSH called the "Craw Dad" blew over big at Ford Lake in 67 or 68. Max McPeek put his 'A' engine on it and ran real well. Square nose hydros in the area (region 6) were the domain of Dick Wass. They were a 4 point design

Comment

Working...
              X